Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is suicide worth it? - Minitokyo

Is suicide worth it?

Is suicide worth it?

Defintely!
17 votes
No Way!
154 votes
I'm not sure
41 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

burijetto

burijetto

Detective Kirimi

I've been thinking about it since this person i know has like a relative who attempted suicde but failed. (Thank goodness *phew*)

I wanna ask you? Is suicde worth it?

I think not.

People are selfish and only think about themselves. Suicides happen cause the person only thinks about the pain that is being inflicted upon themselves. Cases which are for others like for money for others, is a different matter. I'm not too sure about those cases.

People think 'Going through all this pain, i can't stand it anymore' but do they ever think 'I thank god that i'm standing here, I might have been dead but no, i'm standing here'.

They don't think about the future that they might pull through what they are going through and make it out glorious. Do they ever think of the hurt or guilt/burden that they are pressing upon the friends, family members and relatives. For those who out there alone in this world, Why don't you prove that you're not weak instead of surcumming to what sadness has been left to you.

Trimph.

I appreciate your time reading this.
I would like to hear your opinons on this topic.

After hearing all your replies, I would to further press a question.
Will killing yourself solve all your problems?

Signature
Do support me in my quest for world domination!~

Well from people's point of view, it seems really stupid
But from the perspective of the person commiting suicide, that person cannot take the pain that the world gives him/her and cannot endure it any longer so they decide it would be better off dead and not feel the pain

There are a lot of moments in a human's life where a person feels that they are better off dead because they cannot take it anymore
But it does seem selfish to the people who are just watching and not helping

The person decided that there is no reason looking on any farther into the future because they already lost all their hope in their life, they suicide........

Personally I think suicide is wrong and stupid..... but at the same time I kinda understand because I wanted to suicide as well at one point in my life

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

nope of course not~ why would some one want to take away their own life because of some things that they just can't handle, why not change and make yourself a happier person, y only, think about your misery when you can change it and live on happily right, people all care and worry for you so doing it is not only hurting yourself but hurting others as well. try to solve your problems and you will overcome it, thats just how life is, it's so unpredictable that it cannot be handled, handle yourself well, and you will overcome an obsticle in life and it will help you through all your difficulties! ^-^

Signature Image

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

your question reminds me of my old question which i had pushed aside.
my friend committed suicide on the second day of Chinese New Year. and in the middle of jolly atmosphere, i was too shock until numb. not surprisingly either, i had this bad feeling already when we lost contact months before. until now, it's still a mystery why he did it. i myself don't dare to ask his parents nor my other friends as it would be deemed rude.

definitely many who aren't thinking of suicide will say no.

indeed, like vatican92 said, suicidal people's mind is different from those who aren't.
we can give a straight answer NO because our mind is clear from worries.
but in suicidal thoughts, the pain is too unbearable and central that it clouded the far sight of life. the problems, though can be resolved, suddenly turned 'chicken or egg' situation.
clouded so darkly, how would they ever think of their family, relatives and friends?

in certain cases, suicide does not always begin with oneself.
it is an answer because other people continue to ignore the suicidal. by the time it happens, and he did it already >_<
so, it's also partly our fault for ignoring his pleading.
we may think he's selfish. but what encourage him to take away his precious life is due to outsider's reactions too.

educating about suicides might be better. you can't expect the suicidal to think the way you are. each of our background is different and so, we are not born with this same mindset implanted in our brain :)

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

Who knows...
anyone thats ever tried it; hasn't lived to tell about it
=/

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

Suicide to me is worse than murder it is the murder of yourself

You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
Bury my body in the fresh meat aisle
You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
And I will rise again like an exocet missile Signature Image

Suicide to the committer probably doesn't seem like a bad idea, but nonetheless, it is a selfish thing to do that will only hurt the people around him or her.

I've contemplated suicide myself before...

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Lol not worthy at all, you'll eventually die anyway, why rush it? =P

Its defintitely worth it! My life's been great since I committed suicide!

AmethystSnow

AmethystSnow

Lal Mirch

0_0.no.kays.i have thought about suicide quite a few times,but i always come to the conclusion that its not worth it.no point.you only bring grief to others who actually care about you.sides,cause im a christian,killing yourself = killing the life God gave you = one way ticket to hell.sheesh..i'll end up forcing myself to try thinking positively.^^

Signature Image
thanks to midsummer for the sigi~ XD

LordEndervonHellsing

LordEndervonHellsing

Spirit of Sparta

My personal opinion is that suicide is the stupidest way to die - you never know what tomorrow will bring, so it surely isn't woth of it. Sadly enough, in most of cases the person that tries to commit suicide leads to the situation by themselves. But it isn't like that makes any difference. Suicide isn't worth of it, definitely. Think of it that way: there is no situation that couldn't be worse, BUT there is no situation that couldn't be better.

Signature Image
I am the conformer, the bright sunlight that wipes all sorrow.

suicide is nv a gd way of ending ur life. u r born with a purpose but not to suicide. from religious perspective, it is not right. even from a outsider feel it is not right. life on earth is to meant to make great gd changes.
even if u are in deep troubles, u shld solve. "Be the man, do the right thing, not suicide"

Pain is weakeness leaving your body.

well.. if we would try to look at it in the eyes of the suicider, they were trying to do it because they feel that their life is meaningless/shouldn't be born in the first place.. which I would say that it's definitely wrong.. every person born in this world has a meaning to live, they just have to find it.. even worst situations may come into our lives, it's just another part of life that we have to take.. suicide is NEVER been a way of solving problems. In fact, it just cause more pain and problems to everyone who knows and cares..

Even in religions OPPOSES suicide.. one should learn to cherish the life given to him/her.. and hell is never been a good place (I think?.. ^_^

Anyhow.. Suicide is Definitely wrong..

snowcutie

snowcutie

.:~*SummerTime*~:.

it wont solve the problem as it would still be there, so face it and go solve it , and killinh yourself is might ask well asking others to do so too as, they will have to solve your problems which is yours in the first place and what's more, being alive is much better than dead for you can experience more and learn more things not when you are dead and do nothing but lying in that coffin lifelessly

I believe it all depends on the reason

if you are attempting suicide because of money problems or because your worried about something then you are pathetic and should do it anyway because no one will want to know someone who values themselves so low that a few quid is worth your life.

However....

if you are suffering from a illness which is going to kill you but put you though great pain before its does or if you can save a loved one with one of your vital organs then suicide is a right choice and shows you had noble intentions

Thats what i believe anyway

ionthedemon

ionthedemon

ens causa sui

not sure. but suicide is the coward way out. even i thought about it but just because i thought about it doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. people should try every way to solve their problem, instead of suicide.

It has its merits.
And extreme downside.
Anthony Hopkins, in his latest film 'Fracture', said "It takes a special kind of strength to look someone in the eye and shoot them."
Can you look into a mirror and do that, knowing the result will be fatal? It depends...it's both worth it and it's not. It shows you really are in a bad position because you actually found the courage to do it...and then, you're dead. But another quote... "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
Who decides what is right and what is wrong?
Only you.

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Agh... It is not an good idea. It is because you've run out of idea.
That's an idiot, yet coward action.
And it's not like your problem will be solved anyway....

I wouldn't stop anyone, who'd try to kill himself. I think wether to live has to be decided by every person himself. It's none of our business.
But I wouldnt say it's worth: what do you get from it?

Quote by burijetto

People are selfish and only think about themselves. Suicides happen cause the person only thinks about the pain that is being inflicted upon themselves.

People think 'Going through all this pain, i can't stand it anymore' but do they ever think 'I thank god that i'm standing here, I might have been dead but no, i'm standing here'.

They don't think about the future that they might pull through what they are going through and make it out glorious. Do they ever think of the hurt or guilt/burden that they are pressing upon the friends, family members and relatives. For those who out there alone in this world, Why don't you prove that you're not weak instead of surcumming to what sadness has been left to you.

Will killing yourself solve all your problems?

"people are selfish and only think about themselves"

yea, and by living for their friends and family isn't being selfish?

"suicides happen cause the person only thinks about the pain that is being inflicted upon themselves"

and by not thinking about themselve, they should think about other?

the whole god thing..i don't thank IT, for i thank my mother, for it's her that carry me for 9 months, and for an extra 6 hours of pushing me out.

"They don't think about the future that they might pull through what they are going through and make it out glorious. Do they ever think of the hurt or guilt/burden that they are pressing upon the friends, family members and relatives. For those who out there alone in this world, Why don't you prove that you're not weak instead of surcumming to what sadness has been left to you."

thank you for adding fuel to the fire. telling them how weak they are, isn't that worsing it? they're already emotionally weak, and by telling them the whole "think about your family" and "what about me?" isn't that being selfish on their part?

this isn't an anime, this is real life, not all problem can be solve by the whole,"you're so weak, get over it" people tend to forget that each and every human being on this rock, have his or her own limit on taking in things. just because they reach their limit, doesn't mean that they're weak. it's those that call them weak, is the one that is weak, for it's the fear of losing them, that made say those things, now i say it to them,"you're so weak, get over it"

i'm too happy to be alive, to ever want to die.

Most of you don't understand what its like to be suicidal, this is evident because you say that suicide is selfish and idiotic, but you don't know what these people are going through. No one does only the people themselves. These people don't see any other way out. They hurt so badly that they want to escape from what ever pain they are feeling.
It is true some may do it for what is the wrong reasons in our eyes but to them what they are trying to die for is more important an anything in life.

komrov

komrov

"Fear not the psyker."

I always thought suicide is not only wrong, but stupid too. This human developed mental disorder (never in my life have i heard of any other living creature ending its own life), does not solve anything, nor is it a way out of something. Whenever i hear about people going suicidal theres a song always going through my brain, and i'll have to quote mr. Marilyn Manson on this one: "What's the point in dying, When the world thinks you're already dead? What's the point in dying, If you're already dead anyway?"

Signature
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gate unbarred and unguarded." - Librarian (Warhammer 40k)

man suicide is the noob way out of things... AND not only that... like a few people said, its selfish, cause you're all like " oh the world hates me my family hates me " >.< dam it wanna slap those people..... its more like they can't see past a thin wall that.. THEY themselves made.... anyways! no its not worth it considering the huge ass problems you'll leave everyone in other words selfish =P don't go off doing it ... THEN theres the other part of the group i tend to see who always talk about everyone hating them then they start hurting themselves and cutting themselves which is kinda creepy and stupid... now if they want to die so badly why not do it? god dam it @_@ don't complain about it ( sorry i know it sounds a bit mean...... but stilll.... ... it gets tiring after a while hearing people complain about themselves and no one liking them and then as if using it as a threat or blackmail against others saying they'll hurt themselves... and like thats all they do... not even suicide even though they say they will -_- ).... lol.... wow i spammed... woops =P

Aestus

Aestus

*Baka Onigiriii*

God what a weird thread. Worth it? You mean is it worth going to the top of a building to throw youself off and kill yourself? Of course it is otherwise you wouldnt do it (if you wanted to kill yourself that is):P.
But I think I know what you mean.
And no it wont solve problems but it will end them, although theyre different ways both may be acceptable to an individual. It is an easy way out of misery, but in the long term (as in a whole life) joy outweighs misery, so you'd be losing out I think. Since you only get one chance at life...

Simple & Clean- Utada hikaru
:nya:

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.