Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is suicide worth it? - Minitokyo

Is suicide worth it?

Is suicide worth it?

Defintely!
17 votes
No Way!
154 votes
I'm not sure
41 votes

Only members can vote.

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

hajimemizuki

hajimemizuki

~Forget everything~

Suicide..yes its a sin but when someone has been pushed to that brink of thinking,then let them be.You may try to talk some sense but most suicide victims may have zoned out.
To them its the only way out and to ease their pain but never ever throw your live away like that......
Do you want to see your brain juice stained on the ground,your head shattered and your once functional body all crooked and broken?
Think wisely.....suicide isn't a way out.

With my eyes,I'll watch over my future that had been set.With my hands,I'll rip my path and make my way.

If suicide will really end it all for you, then I think it's worth it. The problem is no one really KNOWS what's ahead after you die. Sure you can believe what religion says, but you don't really know for yourself. You only believe (and perhaps you only hope).

I had thoughts of commiting suicide myself (and tried pitifully). But, for some reason, my fear always gets ahead of me. I'm afraid of pain.

One more question is why do we really live? Again, religions try to answer this. I'm just not satisfied the way they answer it, at least, how Christianity answers it. I cannot accept the fact that we were created for God's entertainment (puttin it in a positive way: we were created to love God). I don't really know the full story, so I am gonna go find myself a Bible and research a little so my opinion would be more informed. See ya!

b3nitora

b3nitora

Rehab is for Quitters!!

Nothing is worth killing yourself over and the medication might kill you first.
Until I was medicated, I never seriously tried to kill myself. The medication is worse than the symptom. One day I got fed up and stopped taking them. I've never thought about it since. I redirected my remaining emotions onto paper. You must find something you are passionate about and something that makes you content.

Signature
"I said No to drugs, but they would'nt listen."

Suicide? Worth it? That is a bit of a weird question.

Are you asking whether death is worth it? Are you asking whether immediate death is worth it? Are you asking about the effects of our deaths on other people's lives? I BELIEVE you are making inferences to each of these things.

Anyway, my answer is this - I am not at all afraid to die. In fact, I would gladly die for anyone else's sake. However, I also feel that I have a purpose in life, which means that my view of suicide is one of neglect to one's duty.

So my answer is no way.

suicide is not a good thing. of course is not worth it. i cant just leave everything behind and then end myself. at least bring my anime with me =.=

nope i wont kill myself just for some problems. life has to go on. life without problems is boring.

You know there have been times in my life when i wondered whether suicide was worth it so I asked a few people that tried it to see if it worked for them. Come to think of it they didnt have much to say.

no way! nothing is quite that hopeless. suicideis a perminent solution to a temporary problem.

Suicide is definitly not worth it,Living is so much better ^_^

It's a hell of a question, burijetto.
No due to the fact almost all people commiting suicide rethinks their decision. People want to be alive even if life is tough 'cause they hope the tomorrow to be better and it happens. I feel sad when I know about a suicide because the victim could have the desire to remain alive but the method made him or her cross the point of no return.
'Will killing yourself solve all your problems?'
No, becoming a rich man'll solve it pretty well.

Where are the 'Definitely!' and 'I'm not sure' voters' opinions? They're 40 absent voices who won't be bashed here, I think.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

For some, it is the only way to escape the pain of their daily life. So sad that so many have the will power to change their life; then again there are situations where there is no way out, such as illness

Well I think in fact suicide is stupid,and I passed for this too,and I was a kid and never had friends in that time, my family I knew they liked me but still don't show it to fullest,because of the world and for hating myself,and nobody recognizes my existence(or whatever you think),and what made me stop?nobody did stop me,'cause they didn't knew it,well what made me stop it wasn't fear of death,but what would happen after that,my family how they would react.will really death end my existance?for some reason told me not,and I wouldn't be able do nothing about my pain or other stuff,I wouldn't be able to change it,or help it,it would make it worse.of course in that time I didn't know mainly because I was a kid.
But well,some years after I have a friend,my first friend and we still talk with her and is my best friend too.but I still desire to disapear or wish I could ever existed,but I can't,for some reasons I exist and I must go on,light(love and hart) will show the way I should go,and then know the reason why we humans,nature exist(however I have a clue but I can't tell you,is a secret).

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

"Most of you don't understand what its like to be suicidal, this is evident because you say that suicide is selfish and idiotic, but you don't know what these people are going through."

And that's actually an over-generalization and assumption in itself. It is selfish and idiotic depending on why you're doing it. Not all reasons are that way, but some- quite frankly- are. I say this as someone who has thought numerous times about suicide, and knows what "it feels like". But let's think about it like this- someone of you have said that only that person knows how they truly feel, which is true. But I also noticed that these same people stating this are talking as if they know how everyone feels about suicide without realizing that they themselves are generalizing as well. You can argue the point back and forth for years and it's all going to come done to personal opinions and feelings, not fact. There isn't really a perfect answer to this statement. The best I can say is don't do it because once you're dead, you may have left your worldly problems behind but you're more than likely causing trouble for someone else for going through with it- hence the reason I generally see it as selfish. You can argue that it takes courage to end your life, but it takes a *heck* of a lot of courage for a lot of people to just keep going with their lives and their grief.

Once you've killed yourself, your courage no longer has any worth because it no longer exists.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

gountessg

Dark Angel

well. it depends on how welll does that person's brain functions

I persnally passesd therough many things that made me think I should just stop waking up the next morning, but remember....

always, after the rain, the sun comes out

what is your purpose in life?

OF COURSE NOT! Everybody has a life! they shouldn't just throw it away! i had a freind too who thought about taking her life but then she met her boyfreind. and "whips" that was the last thing she could think about! your life can change so fast! so even if it not so easy the time being it will come better days too!

Duh, cos not.

Balance out all your problems with what you will leave behind and what effect your death would cause to those few u love.

For me, my music, TV shows and I guess my family is keeping me from death...and well, I'm also quite scared.

Knowing how my classmates/schoolmates would react would be interesting but not worth it.

merged: 12-24-2007 ~ 07:27pm
Why do u think I'm still here?!?

not really

U do have more sad moments than happy ones generally...
Happy Moments: Games, TV, friends
Unhappy: Facing ur boss, doing work (takes up most of ur life...)

nyaaa...this question is very scary...because, no matter what we answer, it is up to the individual..there is no wrong or right...but, for me, i seriously oppose against suicide...it is very wrong...being human, we have a lot of weaknesses and sadness are parts of it...but, through it all, we can grow and be a better person...i think.

it isnt worth in for nothing in the world.those people who do sucide just think about themselve ...they think its ok if i go nobody will miss me...but there are always people who miss you and cry for you they dont think about the other people around them

See the soul inside
When angels may cry

Ravenstar90

Ravenstar90

{ Innocent Smiley }

I guess it would depend what comes after life...

But I don't think about that....at least not yet....hopefully

People can not bear their problems, seeking ways to not suffer, then they think of cease to exist. As you say, unable to think of people who are around them as friends, relatives, ect, but sometimes their problems are with them then they do not have any support or any person in which trust, "exist" or "enjoy life staff "is not just one thing, but in all the people around us, it is not something stupid because the pain it causes a person is not stupid. If we pause a moment to think about everything we have is a lot, but sometimes those things stop us joy.

kvlitz

kriegsage

if it gets the job done then yes.

To kill or not to kill? That is not the question.

suicide is based solely on perspective. every person has a different reason as to why they attempt it. pressure from society, depression, escape from reality, love, escape from pain, etc. those are only a few reasons as to why it is attempted. now as to your question about whether it is worth it or not...i would have to say no. this is coming from a 2 time failed suicide victim.

mei-san

fuzzybuzzychicken!

Even though i am only 11 i thought about suicide starting from age 9 i recently stopped wanting to kill myself but sometimes i would go on top of the roof and try to jump off...(if u guys really want 2 noe the reason y i wanted 2 kill myself u can ask me but i am not comfortable in sharing my story 2 the whole world so if u ask me i wont get offended and i will tell u u just have 2 ask!) ANYWAYZ my foster sister would have to run up the roof and hug me until i stopped trying to jump...i then thought of becoming anorexic and i did in addition i would cut myself real deep and i would be happy to see my blood. but then i just all of a sudden...(if you want to noe this ask) so yeah suicide is not worth it!

im proud2bazn!

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.