Review: Needless - Manga with Xmen style

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Cancel

Story:
In the near future, mankind has suffered from a Third World War, leaving extreme damage all over and forced mankind to become even more distinct from their species. The world was at chaos and from this chaos comes a new species: "Needless"

The Needless are humans who have contracted a "disease" as humans may call them, and allow them to wield extraordinary powers far superior to any mankind. Their abilities include Telekinesis, elemental powers, gravity control, adaptation, radioactive release and all manners of scientific impossibility. Their existence dwell within the walls of the lawless subcity area called "Black Spot" which have no laws, and no rules, only the weak will perish and the strong wield absolute power. No mere human kind dares thread into the area, except for a gang of rebel warriors comprised of both Human and Needless to oppose the enemy.

The Enemy is of course among the dispersed population of the Needless, is a great pharmacy company called "Simeon" which albeit the name, has nothing to do with a Pharmacy, and harbors a great threat among the Needless, Adam and his United Simeon Unit, he assumes full power and wields a mysterious over rule over all Needless people, and employ a strict overlord like rule in Black Spot, many hate him, but none can survive an encounter with him or the Unit he commands.

Somewhere in this chaos, lives a man, Adam the Father in an abandoned church from which the underground is a research facility. Adam lives with Eve (Needless) and an old scientist (Human) in peace, until a sudden arrival of Charius (name is according to Chinese translation), running from the pursuit of a "Testament Hunter" (robot on fours, has a varied weapon on certain models, usually with a chain gun and 4 heat seaker missiles of medium explosive power, has a generation separation, later models appear to have better shields to protect against Needless attacks) in the sewers that lead to the church.

Out of options and overpowered because of the lack of a Needless ability that is crucial to surviving in Black Spot, he was faced with death, and from the last moment, Adam the Father, in his black priest suit, came out and destroyed the Testament Hunter.

With that miraculous rescue, Charius brought the wounded Adam back to the church, and was exposed to a reality of unsure ways, as well as secrets and friendship and a battle between choosing identities and finding the dark past to Adam's life before he became a priest, and of course, to chase down the power behind Simeon which seems intent to hunt down the Father.

Why so? Charius wonders, but answers come in the later battles as sparks fly and more blood is spilled in the great war between Needless, those who choose to defend the truce between mankind, and Needless or those who choose to rule mankind as a defeated race.

Verdict:
Definitely one of those mangas that will have your eyes spinning by the end of every chapter, with blood and more blood in each and every fight, death becomes a norm and you will be left with a thirst for more as you go through each chapter.

Surprisingly enough, the artwork actually features men with "Spartan" like behavior coupled with an unusual number of super cute, super sexy, gothic lolita girls that are freaking powerful (more so that said Spartan like men) and by the 5th book in the series, one will be left with no urge to defend against the brainless damaging power shootouts from fire to ice and whatever in between, cause even the lolitas are indestructibly powerful.

Wounds will heal faster than they can be opened and really becomes a big powerhouse show. The story however progresses quite smoothly, with twists and turns as friendships overturned, and then some things that make the group of good men question their own, enemies slowly reveal themselves and their personal agenda among the group of misfits. Certain details remain mostly however, slightly covered, one must read "Book Zero" in order to fully understand the details that lead to the events (such as book 4's Sorva's Abilities).

One will be enticed to flip the pages as well for the laughable quality, endless galore of jokes that will disintensify the tension among the fighters exist in really serious qualities, from straight faced jokes that are "A La Cromatie High School" to jokes that are plain dumb, but still tickle your sides will have you reading for more.

With exciting action, blood, and more humor along with supercute girls galore, you will be wondering what make you continue to read on, but yet will keep flipping them pages.

Others:
On a side note, each chapter after should come with an explaining chapter that fulfill certain information gaps, such as the drink that Eve will drink for her power usage, the Church and its glorious eras, the Simeon Unit and its members' abilities.

You should be quite clear of what there is on the information sheet by the time you read these.

Related links:
http://annex.s-manga.net/needless/main.html
http://www.manganews.net/scanlatorinfo.php?id=384
http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/products_new.php?cPath=24&language=fr

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Cancel

Cool. Nice Review Devil!

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

kiokorenay703

kiokorenay703

Dasha Denger

Cancel

I cant tell you... this is very good. However me being such a lazzy ass i ddint read the entire thing XD haha .Way to long for me. But otherwise, good job! :)

Cancel

i cant find the downlaod link toreent
i don use irc..

• May 29, 2007

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Cancel

i think only Eien no Manga main site has a download link.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Cancel

.........i still cant find it lol
........T.T

• May 30, 2007
Cancel

haha i read the book 1-4 when i wrote post this reply... it is a great manga!

• Dec 19, 2007

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.