Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you find out about an anime? - Minitokyo

How do you find out about an anime?

How do you find out about anime?

Friend
13 votes
Internet (forums, etc)
48 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

Do you hear about it from a friend, see some stuff about it from a forum board, or maybe see an AMV about it?

For me, I mostly just see things on forum boards and go into further research if I feel like it is good. What about everyone else?

merged: 05-29-2007 ~ 07:41am
can't edit thread, oops, clicked submit before I could enter the rest of the options on the poll, sorry

When I'm looking for an anime or manga, I already have an idea about the kind of story I want to get. There are many good anime and manga classifier Websites and I create titles lists easily. I reduce these lists reading reviews and, in the end, other people opinions in foruns.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

True. That is, when I'm looking for something specific to watch.
Other times I go on impulse buying when I pass by a local anime shop. :D Sometimes I get good ones (like how I came by Eureka 7 before I read about it), sometimes I get none.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Generally I'll learn about anime through internet exposure, reviews or something such as newtype magazine. After becoming interested or informed of an anime I'll generally come here to Minitokyo to read the reviews and look at some scans/wallpapers to see whether the storyline and style would interest me or not. I've run across far less lousy animes while following the crowd.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

i dont know all the english, but i can say, the anime is great, still is a ilusion, isnt my real life, is good go to see in some times and relax of this world

I usually get it from internets but at school, I have a group of freinds who sometimes introduce me to new mangas or make me think that this manga is really good but not bad eg. Vampire knight

anything that hits me actually... sometimes, i see the trailer on another anime cd, or i see a good review... other times, it's recommended by a friend.

xaeroak15

xaeroak15

The End/Out/Age of infinity

1 is, but most is 2...
I'm in the bbs.sumisora.com

but that's not enough, more at other BBS for BT torrent

and if down

many files go to www.verycd.com

Signature
We are all in the infinite loop...

I find anime by some sites i have, i'll occasionally check on a forum suggestion, but i tend to check on my own because not everyone has the same taste, but it is good to have friends to help you (or family) . my brother and i have the same taste so when i find a good one i'll tell him, and the other way around. but for most people, and for me, the best way to find is just search the anime info sites, one for example is animenfo.com XD. i hope i didnt break any rules giving that site name, and apologize if i did. but that site lets u search by genre so u can find the type u like

LoL . I'm the only one that voted the "Friend" Option.
I found out about anime from my cousin,which is also a user on Minitokyo. His account is Komrov.

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

[code]
murphy's law
:pacman:
well i found anime accidentally.
i was searching for another synopsis episode of tenjho tenge
and then suddenly it appeared so i registered.
http://ayashi.altervista.org/t_aya.jpg
X-P XD

Mainly in pictures or when I read anime articals!

rorenzu

rorenzu

Mio Amakura

media.. cousin.. friend.. dreams..

Together...forever...
Signature
sig and avatar by Kuya JaK

I mostly find out about anime from a magazine called Neo,and the magical interweb. Impulse buying has also led to afew discoveries :p

I find about it mostly here in Minitokyo! :D also chosing which anime is interesting.

duwah

duwah

I know most things about anime on friends.

[url =http://japaneselover.minitokyo.net/]#JapaneseLover# [/url]
FinalFantasyFans

Internet (forums, etc)

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Let's see...
From anime reviewer magazines, internet forums, and some anime sites.
Plus from some of my otaku friends. ^^

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

The last anime serie I fell in love, I found it while I was looking for a different serie in Veoh

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

Anywhere.
Mostly from other people

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

I usually read about them in magazines. I get Anime Insider and New TypeUSA quite often. :)

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I'll usually read about it in Anime Insider, or see something in an AMV, then do further research by using Wikipedia (taking most of what I read with a grain of salt most of the time). Same goes for manga.
Take care,
~"TreaGirl".

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I usually hear about new anime from the various anime blogs that I follow online. They usually do a new series compilation entry at the beginning of each new season. I also find out about new anime through the magazines I buy every so often (Animage, Newtype)... If I like the character designs I usually check online for reviews and if those sound good then I check out the first couple of episodes.

Signature Image

Mostly by friends who like to read Manga and watch anime. I also like checking out internet forum sites. Then there is MiniTokyo. Thank U MT :)

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.