Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you look for in a game? - Minitokyo

What do you look for in a game?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Is it an interesting storyline, the top-of-the-line graphics, the cool characters, the atmosphere or the gameplay?

I mostly look for a good scenario ^__^

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

nozue

nozue

Peanut & Shrimp

I'm mostly looking for great storyline, characters, and the graphics, if any of those are missing I'm just not playing... I think thats wrong of me cause I know I'm missing out on alot of great games but I just can't help it.

Signature

i'm big on the type of games i get, so usually i look for the gameplay esp rpgs; and with that usually comes good environments which is my next big thing, and characters :D

A game is nothing without gameplay, graphics after that, don't care too much about the scenario. And the multiplayer potential is important too..

I will access your heart right away..

Zelgadis

Zelgadis

Chimera

gameplay is the most important part of a game secondly kick ass graphic are more and more a standard and we want them ..right :D

Signature

Member of -- Quebec Freaks Group --

Kevorkian

The Worst

A good game has everything in the list, but I voted for gameplay.

athiest, faceless, ageless, shapeless, mind elevates into states i'm weightless, spines shake when they in the wake of greatness

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I like the Atmosphere in game. Without it, the story won't be as good. It works both ways though. Also the characters & gameplay seems to have a roll in that too. I don't care much for graphics as long as it doesn't scare the sh!t out of me ^_^ but the atmosphere has it's own emotion & life to the game. It tells a story of it own. Then again... I do love a good game play ~_~

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

storyline is a must, or what is the point of the game

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. - William James

gameplay and graphics i would say are the most important things, you will always want to know what the game is about, then you can say if you like it or dislike it, then if people like it they are going to look at the requirements

For me it's all about the story and then the character development. Gameplay is also important, but, as least for me, graphics are just an added plus.

Definitely graphics, character, and storyline. To have a good game, it must be appealing(graphics). Also, it must have great characters on it. Finally, it must have a great storyline.

Gameplay first, graphics second. If it has both of those odds are it's a really good game.

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

I can't really say that I look for any one of those criteria .. it depends on how well I feel they serve my enjoyment of the game.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

Zerowing

Zerowing

GraveZero

On your choices, I'd say the gameplay are story/scenario very important. After all, who would wanna play a boring game? Of course, that's jsut my opinion...

Signature

SearSay

ElectroMagnetic Dragon

You need "other" option - i look to have fun - and it varies which elemets provide that - though gameplay is probably the longest lived one - the thing that will make me come back years later to play again.

-Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Smith & Wesson....The original point and click interface.

characters first, they can hold up a lighter storyline, and are key to making a more convoluted or complex storyline hold up and remain believeable...

I can't vote for that, I look for more than one quality. For example: Why would I look for good graphics and the game's story is boring and it lags like crazy?

If scenerio is the storyline then probably that. It really depends on the type of game that we are talking about. Sometimes I just want to blast away at some zombies or terrorists so a real good storyline in a shooter game isn't necessary.

Trever

Trever

Bishonen Hunter

Well theres must be a least one cool character and and good story or so i wont bother playing more then 5 minutes. Why bother playing if there isnt so in it ?

I'd like to break your heart and give you mine
It's taking me over
It's so insane I've gotta be
crazy indeed

ya for there to be a good game, there music be 3 good things.

1. music
2. a cool character
3. a good story line

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

I'd go for scenario and storyline
I found alotta game with great gameplay, but lack of storyline makes me bored of it.
coz, if the story doesnt make you wanna know wat happen next, I'm just not that interested in the game no matter how great the gameplay is.

TaMa

TaMa

Save a tree, burn a book!

Mostly the storylne, characters and gameplay, and the graphics doesnt have to be that good, but i hate creepy graphics

I look for graphic quality first of all. But uninteresting game is too tired me.

A perfect game would be one that is actually hard throughout the entire game ( not saying there aren't those like that ), a good original storyline ( though its becoming harder and harder to become original ), character development is important, as is their history. I prefer games that take many hours to beat... long long games, graphics aren't really ... cared for, if it has nice graphics then cool, but i dont mind 2-d stuff either.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.