Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 love or infatuation? - Minitokyo

love or infatuation?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

My life is horribly screwed.

Recently i met my senior who i haven't met in 10 years. He's really very nice to me, he's given me a lot of help in everything and we pretty much share the same interests and i think i'm in love with him...

From the time i met him until now i have only seen him 4 times but have kept in contact through sms and msn messenger. I told him 'i like you' twice and both times he freaked out. I asked him if he liked me and he said 'as a friend'.

Recently I ran round the world [sort of] to deliver a very important letter to him and we only said one word to each other when we met and after that strangely i felt like i was dumped when nothing much actually happened. And strangely i find myself feeling miserable when he doesn't reply my smses...

I'm not sure if what I feel for my senior is pure admiration and infatuation [because he's the only senior i have, he's unbelievably smart and he's really quite gentlemanly] or is it love and as the days go by it gets more and more confusing...

He told me he's sort of going out with someone right now and i don't think i'll want to become the 3rd party or something... And he's also taking his o levels this year so he's kind of incredibly busy...

And I guess it's kinda cos of fate that's why my life is so screwed... I mean, I know we DID meet 10 years ago [in kindergarten, he's my senior from kindergarten, haha] but we both forgot and now we meet again...

I really don't know what to do, my life is hell screwed.

well I don't know what's exactly ur case but considering that u remember him since kindergarten well it may be infatuation somehow ^_^'...I don't know but...let me give u an advice my friend ^^, I hope it'll help u to be less depressed ^^.
U've been doing everything to be with him and to keep in touch with him but I wonder if u haven't done enough already? I think u should see deep in u if he really deserves u feel sad for not being with him, cuz apparently he doesn't care as much as u. So my advice is that u should probably give u some time and space to yourself and think about the fact that yeah maybe he seems a great guy (that's the way u describe it lol :)) but even if he's a nice guy it doesn't mean u deserve to feel screwed just for him...Hey! and ur life can't be that screwed...my friend u're only 14 (that's what ur userpage says at least ^_^' lol) and u have a whole life to live and I'm sure u can find someone else later that will make u happy ^^, so it's fine to be depressed now but don't let that consume u ok ^^.
Hope this helped u! take care! :D

Signature

He told you that he likes you as a friend and that he's seeing someone else, right? I think it's pretty obvious that he's not interested. It doesn't matter whether it's love of infatuation. Either way, you're gonna have to move on....

Be Free and Masturbate

It's likely that he already has someone he likes or loves. That someone is more likely to be someone he has been meeting more often than you whom he had not met for the past 10 years. If I were to put myself in his position, I would also freak out if someone -whom I had hardly met recently- suddenly plays an aggressive game of love (which your post implies) and if I already have someone else in mind. His decision to ignore your sms messages is a silent, but firm, answer to your advances. Please respect him by understanding his position.

You are only 14 and there is still a long way for you to learn what love really is. You'll meet more people later on in life and you'll soon enough find someone worthy of you.

Cheers!

Hmm...

First of all, you should not let your past with him influence your better judgement. As you have said, you met in kindergarten. Despite his kind and helpful manner towards you, it is clearly quite insignificant to him. After all, kindness and support given to an individual who is far younger is mostly just an act of helpfulness. His point of view towards you may nothing more than a sister.

As for your question which you inquire, if love truly existed, then none of which you spoke of matters. To truly be in love means to devote yourself to the one you love. You must be willing to sacrifice all not by force, but with your Will. Of course, this is not definite, for Love is indefinite to say the least. You must find what you love means to you and that alone should be your answer. But your situation shant last long, your admiration for him which began when you were young has grown to almost an insatiable need for him. However, that is merely an illusion of the heart. As a human, you long for intimacy due to your natural instinct. This intimacy has grown to a word you speak of as love. There is nothing more to it than just an illusion.

Harsh as I may be, I speak of Truth. You must learn to accept what is true and seek not haven from pain. However, the final decision still remains with you. Choose your path and look not back to the past for regrets.

"Sometimes it is not what you wish for, but what is best for that whom you cherish dearly..."

"My Misery is your Happiness"

haha i guess either way it doesn't matter does it?
maybe i'll just leave it and if it's meant to be maybe, just maybe things will work out just fine in the end.
Or my life will end up being more screwed than ever...
Either way that's life, i guess.
Thanks for the advice, haha will keep you guys updated if anything actually does happen. haha.

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

I just have to say that I can totally sympathize with you. Maybe not entirely (yours is a whole different level), but still...

I think you could possibly be in love with him. According to the Bible, infatuation is when you don't really know them and you excuse everything bad about them, thinking them absolutely perfect. Love is when you see some imperfections of theirs, acknowledge them and still like them for who they are. In this case, you seem to be in love with him.

Still...I think you DO need to move on. If you truly love someone, you'd want them to be happy no matter what. You'd put them first before yourself. He's already seeing someone, so you should, with a moral heart, back off and not try to interfere with his relationship. If you can move on, you should so that you can start seeing the good in other people around you, not just him.

I'm not saying that you should stop being friends with him. That would help, of course, in getting him off your mind and moving on, but I understand that that can be very hard. Either way, I'm sure you'll find your way. I've some high school drama myself, but I'm still attempting to stay friends with my crush. He's not seeing anyone, but I do believe he likes someone. Often times, I think that I'm not good enough for him. DON'T do what I do and start putting yourself down. Quit saying you're screwed. Just try to look at things positively and remind yourself that he just thinks of you as a friend so that you can somehow, slowly but surely, move on. That helps me, so I think it might help you.

I wish the best for you :)

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.