Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Contest(all) and some changes (staff). - Minitokyo

New Contest(all) and some changes (staff).

Group announcement by Vectory

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Dear members,
It's been some time since the last contest and me and Carbon were working on one. Finally we acheived our goal and Carbon made sure everything was finished to the last detail. Now I proudly give you:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/kashikosa2/hollodaysbanner1.jpg

Vectory June Challenge - coordinated by kashi and carbon

-BATTLE OF THE BANDS-

Scheduling

- start - 3rd of June the theme will be announced on the group page including the details
- end - (submissions deadline) 30th of June vectors are due at midnight, GMT
- voting open - 1st week of July voting is opened.
- voting close - Last day of the week (most likely a wednesday) at midnight GMT
- announcement - the following monday (4 days after the voting is closed)and a new theme is given.

Concert Line up

- The theme for June is music, that's right MUSIC the stuff that gets ya goin
- Your artwork must contain at the very minimum ONE VECTORED OBJECT expressing a single song (anyone you want) that you really love. This means you vector what you feel or see when you listen to the song, your artwork can also describe the song title if you wish to go the extra step
- You can choose any gallery item, but try to be creative and avoid cliche animes with zero meaning *cough* *cough* haruhi and ouran *cough*. Go and vector what your mind's eye sees, this challenge is designed to promote creativity and show what you feel
- lastly since this is a "battle of the bands" rivalry or squaring off against another vectorer is highly valued and a good way to go all out, plus strengthen or weaken friendship

Submissions (rules of the venue)

- All members of Vectory are allowed to enter one piece (SOLO ONLY)
- You may change your submission any time throughout the course of the contest, before june 30th
- Artwork must be vectored, meaning it MUST incorporate ONE vectored figure a.k.a person (things that don't count include backgrounds or objects such as birds etc)
- Use of stocks, textures, patterns, renders etc are allowed but the main focal point should be the actual vector and not cheap effects
- Artwork submitted must meet the requirements of the MT requirements and guidelines
- Submitted artwork for the monthly challenge MUST follow the theme laid out by the coordinator/s
- Any questions based on whether your artwork meets the theme, PM the coordinators(kashi, carbon) and NOT SPAM THE SHOUTBOX OR GUESTBOOK ANY COMMENTS THERE WILL BE IGNORED!
That's all XD

This is for the staff
Now dear staff, there're some changes for you, I know some of you will hate me for this, but when you decided to join the staff no-one promised it was gonna be nice and smooth all the time. So, all of you get hereby promoted to admin, BUT are given assignments (you mustn't do something that doesn't belong to you). From now on:

1. I'm the head of Staff (or SuperAdmin - and it's NOT a boost of powerlust lol) - my work is to coordinate you guys, work on the page's html and css and such and clear out all the possible problems/conflicts.

2. SakuraShirayuki is Admin - whenever I'm gone she's in total and complete control of everything, she makes the decisions and you better listen to her, while I'm around she's my adviser (though you can, of course give your suggestions to me ^^) and she makes sure y'all work like you're supposed to ^^.

3. Gaara-no-shukaku is GalleryMod - he is in charge of the 'Highlighted' section. It is up to him whether or not the nominating system is brought to life as he will be responsible. I believe he will do his best at this work as he is a most devoted member of staff.

4. CarbonR is also GalleryMod - he is in charge of the 'Noticed' section. He has quite the eye for the interesting works and knows how to express their uniqueness. Also if he wants he can have a nominating system, but from now on the 'Highlighted' section and the 'Noticed' section are two COMPLETELY different bodies.

5. & 6. Since both you girls aren't that active in the group (which is not bad, I'm only pointing out) I decided to give you a task that doesn't require that much attention - you're ForumMods. This means you moderate the group's members, make sure the rules of the group are being followed and ban people whenever there's the need (if of course there is a case).

Now I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I'm starting to feel frustrated that not everybody is working how they should. If someone can't do the job I gave him/her please contact me and we'll work things out. If you're not satisfied also contact me with your suggestions on what else would you like to do. Hope you have a good day nad please, don't hate me ^_^'

founder of: Vectory
Signature

CarbonR

CarbonR

gradual chill

awesome, now this is organized. BTW the poster is a spinoff of gorillaz - demon days album art hope i see some kick ass submissions I WILL CRUSH YOU KASHI! U GOING DOWN TO CHINATOWN

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

w00t, sounds like a fun idea, I already have some ideas, though not sure if I have the time ^^'

question: does it have to be an anime vector? like can it be original, or from like a studio/artist scan? Also, it can be a vectored wallpaper right?

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Now this is cool.

Quote: Artwork must be vectored, meaning it MUST incorporate ONE vectored figure a.k.a person (things that don't count include backgrounds or objects such as birds etc)

*feeling dummy* now this means we have to vector the scan we are gonna use?

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Tsunoh

Tsunoh

runs with cookies

sounds awesome. dunno if I'll be able to make the deadline though. busy this june -_-... I'll try...

Maji

Maji

The speaking corpse

Ah, this is a great theme. Will start working on my entry after my exams this week :)

Signature Image

CarbonR

CarbonR

gradual chill

yes the main focal point of the wall has to be vectored and it can be original, as long as the main part is vectored

uuu music, coolie

Sinever

Sinever

VK Freak

well Im working on one & I think my work well follow the theme hopefully ^_^'

WATCH OUT! VK FREAK IS HERE! xD MUHAHAHAHAHA!

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

Ive never really made a full scale vector llpaper so this will be new to me >.<, i was working on one but its wrong theme x.x,
My song will be BUG-New World (album Version;album- BUG MANIA) :) hopefully i can come up with something stunning ^_^,

Puddl3

Puddl3

The Vampiric Fork

if I'm vectoring a char/person, does the original scan I vector have to be anime or can it be a pic of a real person?

I see you're wondering about my nationality. I'm Chinese. And I have a charming dispositions. That is, until someone pulls that old crack about Confucius Say, at which I go completely berserk and bite little children.

SakuraShirayuki

SakuraShirayuki

Avoidance will annihilate you...

@Maple-san: it doesn't have to be anime ^^ i'm also thinking about not vectoring anime style ^^
awww but i'm still undecided about my wall ^^''''

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Very interesting! Though I have an idea of what to vector now from the SEED. :D

I don't think I can participate it since I have to leave very soon. D:

rubenz

rubenz

Asucaga Fan and Vector Addict

oww music ne hmm, I dont know what I can participate or not but Ill try and btw kashi san dont worry about the changes of the staff's job ^^

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Man, bad timing for a contest...so many assignments and final exams....I may not be able to participate. Too bad, this contest sounds really interesting. Oh well, I'll try my best!

Signature

Good, I deal little, (my translator is not very efficient) ^ _ ^ '
Man! This one is not a motive of hatred, I believe that we all have to get accommodated, but I will be totally inactive in a time (this damned college and his final examinations>. <) but I always will continue with my work, I do not understand it of the "participation" you should catch on a bit of that this consists. XD

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

>.<, ive done picked my song and got about 5 hrs of tracing done horray :D,, though i have to trace a entire city, with 2 different characters im fine with it x.x`
hope to have tracing done this sunday, and coloring done within 2 weeks ^_^

CarbonR

CarbonR

gradual chill

good good excellent, i hope everyone is busting some crazy stuff that'll make rappers and breakdancers go bawwwwww. BALLA DRIVEBY!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Great theme (music-inspired works = cool) and nice poster there, Carbon.

Anyway, it can be wallpaper and vector arts, right? For wallpapers, it doesn't have to be full-vectored, and only the main subject is full-vectored, right?

Quote: the following monday (4 days after the voting is closed)and a new theme is given.

We will be having new challenge on every months?

merged: 06-05-2007 ~ 09:23pm
Do you see vector or wallpaper that deserve to be highlighted? If so, propose it to me via PM and please state why it deserves the highlight. All self-plugs will be ignored. [/random ads]

CarbonR

CarbonR

gradual chill

yea gaara i my broken promises wall should serve as an example 1) a model is vectored 2) things around vectored (you dont have to but looks nicer) 3) BG is a solid color with textures and filters.
Broken Promises for Broken Hearts by CarbonR

I really like the topic ^^ it might be interesting to vector something after such a long time >.>

Signature Image
Open your eyes...
I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

a very interesting idea, but i don't really have anything in mind for this topic. and i don't think i can do this b/c i am already doing something else and i want to finish that first.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Whoa! I didn't knoe that this can be entered. Since gaara said it was okay then I'll submit it for the contest.

My Submission: You Are the One
http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/view/296612.jpg

Lyrics is from "You Are the One" by Whtye Shadow

Good luck to everyone! =D

jusuchin-corocoro

jusuchin-corocoro

How About Some Triangler Love?

nice submission.
hope there's more soon!

vectory kyoani-fans haruhisuzumiya-sos-dan mt-lucky-star fullmetal-alchemist-fans evangelion-queen negaraku bleach-central clannad-fans

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.