Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Preferring Digital Art or? - Minitokyo

Preferring Digital Art or?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Well,there is modern way and a traditional way..
The modern way is use computer and mouse to create a art piece which is called digital art..
The traditional way is using hand to create a art piece....

Then which one do you prefer the most?The traditional way or the modern way?
Haha,i prefer the modern way becoz i can undo my step if i done something wrongly and sometimes can create something unexpected... :)

I'm not that good at art so digital tools are really hand thanks to the almighty undo function.

That said there is only so much image manipulation can do, sometimes a well drawn picture is the best way to go. That said I've seen some amazing "digital paintings" that look just like real paintings.

While I work with digital art more so than traditional mediums, but I still need to draw characters and objects by hand before I can scan and digitally color them.

Being able to undo is a great feature that improves the usability of digital art over traditional methods. Still, there are things digital art can't produce that traditional art can and vice versa. Each to his own, I guess.

I'm a disaster at traditional art, but there is a charm to hand made art that can't be replicated with digital means. That, and I can't draw with both hands at the same time digitally.

Still, I'm much more used to my mouse than I am with a paintbrush. haha. And the undo function is awesome and so handy. and layers and cool effects. yay! Also, I don't have enough colored pencils to get all the pretty colors... >_>

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Yes digital art is all fancy and shiny and has all these wonderful functions like undo and layers, but I still prefer traditional art from time to time. Why? 'cause I have better control over my hands than the cursor. And there's some effects you can achieve with traditional mediums that you can't with digital, even though digital tries to imitate. Like, even with a pressure-sensitive tablet and Painter, I find I still prefer real oil and a brush than Painter oil, because I can actually feel the brush and the paint, if that makes any sense ^_^'

Also, the screen is only so big, you can't create a 30" x 40" piece. Well you can, if you up the resolution, but your screen will only allow you to see so much of the canvas at a time, and that's rather annoying (though I suppose zooming in has its advantages.

And digital art isn't exactly tangible. Can't make sculptures or murals with digital mediums XD

And conte + chalk = <333

Ah, yeah, I don't like oil painting in art rage much. The paint doesn't react the way I want it too. (and also because I'm used to painting with both hands at the same time... self-teaching brings about many weird habits)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

have you ever tried finger-painting with acrylics? 'tis fun!

^_^ The best part of painting is getting all covered in paint. haha.

Well,as for me.I used both ways (the modern and the traditional way).But I don't like using Brush to paint, I prefer using marker and for the modern way,it's easier but I am still learning in the toning.

AppleInsight

AppleInsight

-A Little Apple in Sight-

I enjoy both modern and traditional ways. I like modern because mainly of the undo-able mistakes. Traditional way because I'm somewhat more comfortable with it...even though I suck..haha

i am a bit sux at traditional way...but i am still learning...(o-o)

I can do a bit of both, and I appreciate both. I love oil painting, and water color, and I also like working with Photoshop! I agree with what MapleRose explained. I think it depends on what you've started with. I'd become very attached to oil painting before I began to work with PHP. I love walking along gallery halls and study portraits and artworks. The first works that really did attract me to digital art were Kagaya's incredible paintings. I still wonder how can he create such delicate and beautiful works with such accuracy only through digital mean.

I draw in the traditional way, but I want to learn the digitial way too...

Quote by MapleRoseYes digital art is all fancy and shiny and has all these wonderful functions like undo and layers, but I still prefer traditional art from time to time. Why? 'cause I have better control over my hands than the cursor. And there's some effects you can achieve with traditional mediums that you can't with digital, even though digital tries to imitate. Like, even with a pressure-sensitive tablet and Painter, I find I still prefer real oil and a brush than Painter oil, because I can actually feel the brush and the paint, if that makes any sense ^_^'

Also, the screen is only so big, you can't create a 30" x 40" piece. Well you can, if you up the resolution, but your screen will only allow you to see so much of the canvas at a time, and that's rather annoying (though I suppose zooming in has its advantages.

And digital art isn't exactly tangible. Can't make sculptures or murals with digital mediums XD

i gotta agree with this. couldn't have said it any better. digital art and traditional art are two totally different things, with their own pros and cons. different people have different tastes. i for one can also appreciate both.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Gotta agree with MapleRose especially having seen real large format paintings and sculptures. I mena when you see a 20ft by 30ft painting of the Last Supper that still looks good when you are less than 5 ft from it thats D#$% good art.
Really the core of art regardless of the medium is the artist. You can go on and on about technique and methods etc... etc,, but in the end it takes an artist putting pen to paper, brush to canvas, pointer to pixel... to make true art.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.