Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PoR Paradise City contest results~ - Minitokyo

PoR Paradise City contest results~

Group announcement by Paint-o-rama

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Hope I'm doing this right, I had to use a thread of Candy's as a guideline XD

Anywho, here we go:

VOTING RESULTS:

1st (with 5 votes): Alterlier
2nd and 3rd place tied (with 3 votes each): Segnoj and Kuroimisa

JUDGING RESULTS:

1st (with a score of 15.75): Segnoj
2nd (with a score of 15.5): Kuroimisa
3rd (with a score of 15): Alterlier
4th (with a score of 14.75): MapleRose
5th (with a score of 13 (Turtle City) & 12.25 (Happy Music Service)): DarthTofu

========= A Closer Look =========

La Boreale - alterlier
---
Respect of theme: 5
Visual content: 3.5
Technique: 3.5
Originality: 3

Great concept coming from seemingly unrelated scans.
Interesting technique, not new, but you embraced it well in your work to make it your 'signature' in this one. The colouring of the girl can be a bit more bold but quite well done, however I'm not convinced by
the background job as I feel it's rather too simplistic and could use with more details. And yes you mentioned the perspective lines in your walkthrough, but the perspective for the grills in the foreground is not right.

I thought the clouds turned out quite good I thought, despite your struggles :) Don't worry, it's something that everyone has different way of doing, and you just do what you feel comfotable with.
Good work!

Happy Music Service - darthtofu
---
Respect of theme: 3.25
Visual content: 2.75
Technique: 2.75
Originality: 3.5

Brownie points for the original concept and the story behind the painting.
Great job with a mouse and good use of the perspective lines. I agree with you I think 2-point would work better than 1-point perspective, but you've done a good job of it regardless.

Your lighting is there but weak. Try to be less shy in adding shadows and highlights next time - they do wonders :) Nice design for the ghosts and the cellist, great work overall!

Decay Destroy - kuroimisa
---
Respect of theme: 5
Visual content: 3.5
Technique: 4

Love the integration of the scans and the painted parts of this wall.
Nice consistent lighting throughout and well-thought background idea for the scans. I wish you did a tute on the buildings because the 3D-ness looks good, although I reckon they could use a bit more variety to make them look more believable.

There is a sense of depth which is good, however I would suggest having less details for the far objects, more details on the closer objects. The smoke/clouds look really good but they could look a bit more
consistent throughout.

Nonetheless, great job in overall!

Turtle City - darthtofu
---
Respect of theme: 3.5
Visual content: 3
Technique: 2.5
Originality: 4

I thought this wall despite the building-ness leans more towards the fantasy art category. Awesome concept and great brain->paper transfer process, it's not the easiest or natural thing to do for many of us.

However, to me this is not quite completed yet, it's only a beginning of what could potentially make an absolute total-kickass painting.

Colorblind - segnoj
---
Respect of theme: 3.75
Visual content: 4.25
Technique: 3.75
Originality: 4

Disappointed to find out it wasn't zuru behind the umbrella.
Regardless, awesome concept and love the mystique feel of the abstract buildings, although I wouldn't know they were meant to be buildings if you hadn't mentioned it in your comments, so perhaps a room of improvement there.

Great use of textured brush to make the pastel effect, looks great!
Nice choice of vibrant colours as well. Awesome job all around, well done.

City Nightlife - MapleRose
---
Respect of theme: 4.5
Visual content: 3.75
Technique: 3.5

I admire your boldness to push yourself to new limits and try different techniques and styles. Your painting skills have grown helluva lot and it shows in this piece.

The cityscape lights painting technique is quite effective here and good attention to details which I personally think is a key to success for all paintings. So yeah, great work on adding depth and differentiating distance and near objects, the lighting reflection on the tower and water effect.

I can only point out small things like the water should be much darker for that time of the day and the light reflections less prominent perhaps, as well as more definition on the dome.
Regardless, great work all around, well done!

===============

Congrats to all winners and thanks for participating! I'm not sure what Candy had in mind for a prize, though XD

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

pamkips

pamkips

?????

Oh yay!, Congrats peeps!

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

Congrats Segnoj and Alterlier!

Yay! I'm last! xD I expected it so I'm not disappointed. xD

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Hah, I didn't vote. Sorry guys...
but that was an unexpected one. Congrats Segnoj and Alt!
Now we know that hair machine can't always win the judging part, but she's too popular though...

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Congrats to everyone :D

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by DarthTofu
Yay! I'm last! xD I expected it so I'm not disappointed. xD

Aww...

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Great job everyone!

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

eh? I came first? ^_^' hehe, thanks!
Everyone did a great job, yeah? :D

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuHah, I didn't vote. Sorry guys...
but that was an unexpected one. Congrats Segnoj and Alt!
Now we know that hair machine can't always win the judging part, but she's too popular though...

haha but I told you that it was not gonna be disappointing

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Awww.... I really liked the results, but I think some were quite simple, but it's really vivid lik senjou wallie.

Well congrats and thanks to all who participate. :)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Yay congrats! we pulled this off without candy-chan XD

Quote by DarthTofuYay! I'm last! xD I expected it so I'm not disappointed. xD

NO, you didn't come in last, you came in 5th, which is a lot higher than those who didn't even participate *glares at certain ppl*

candy never said what the prize is O__o So uh, I guess we'll have to put the winning entry (which one though, popular vote or judge's choice?) on the front page in big. Unless, somebody wants to make a group layout out of it XD

a banner for me and segnoj because he want it

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.