Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do you do if you cant sleep? - Minitokyo

what do you do if you cant sleep?

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Sometimes I drink a glass of milk or eat white chocolate and go to bed, forget to brush my teeth ^^.

I get really bad insomnia. I'll stay awake for a few days straight and then crash. You can try sleep meds, but even that doesn't work that well for me. Some problems like depression can cause insomnia as well as some medications. Also stress can do it. You can always try warm milk. I've been told that if you can't sleep after about 30 mins you should just get up and do something else. Also don't use you bed to do things other than sleep (such as doing homework or watching tv). Keeping a constant sleep schedule, even on weekends is suppose to help. Also you shouldn't exercise right before bed since it releases chemicals that wake you up. You might want to try taking a shower or bath before bed. The temperature change is suppose to help encourage sleep. Hope that helps.

Frostsabre

Frostsabre

~Chilling Blades~

This is what I do when I can't sleep...I start thinking about things that has nothing to do with anything, like creating my own character and let him/her be a part of the anime I just watched, or a novel I just read...if that doesn't work, I will go play some not-so-exciting games...oh yeah, here's a mini game that will tire you out fairly quick, go search for the impossible quiz, you fall asleep doing that lol...if that doesn't work, adjust the room temperature or use a thinner blanket so that you feel cool and refreshing, but leave a thicker blanket on the side in case you do fall asleep, you don't wanna catch a cold... Put the pillow at an angle so that you are in a semi-sitting position, close your eyes, and just stay there. Even though you are not falling asleep, at least at first, your body relaxes and rests almost as good as sleeping, and soon, you will feel semi-asleep, where you constantly falling asleep and wake up in short intervals, and afterward, the time you are asleep gets longer and longer, and the next thing you know, you've been sleeping until the morning.

Well this has been happening to me a lot in the past few nights. I always end up awake at around 3/4/5/6 am. I'd read until I get tired or listen to music.

I have this problem often. My solution: sleeping medication, and tons of it. Ambien is great. If I don't have access to any (it's quite a pain to get enough of the stuff) I go with Benadryl.

If I have no sleeping medication, then I usually just end up getting around three or four hours of sleep, and have to deal with it. That's fine though, because I always make up for it on the weekends and holidays.

Signature

I start thinking everything and staring my walls ... eventually I start to read something and then try again

Akarix

Akarix

Potato! :D

hmm whenever i carn sleep.. i would listen to some music.. or even sms my fren..>< or even read manga.. o__o
well if tat still doesn't work i would just toss and turn in my bed until i sleep..

Ull

Ull

Memento Mori

Having a warm bath will make you relaxed..
And relaxed condition will make you sleep better..

"Time will deliver us all to the same end..."

ATAndTruong

ATAndTruong

More To It Then Meets The Eye...

I do push ups and/or listen to music...

Signature
Ideas...without actions, are worthless.
Thanks to the wonderful k1ru for making my masterpeice of a webpage!

Just something concerning sleeping medication: Supposedly you only should use them as a last resort, since they won't help you in the long run and might disturb your inner clock even more... if you you use sleeping medication then herb-derived medication (vs purely chemical stuff) will be much better and shouldn't cause too much trouble...

I watch anime
And i sing i don't know why but it makes me sleep
If that don't work i just imagine the sun, squares and food

I usually drink some water, And then I game for an hour.
And then back to bed to Try again :D

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5934/untitled1xl1.png

forte-san

forte-san

Rose of Faith and Hope

watch anime and listen to music

just dream till i sleep

SubjectiveNine

Progressive Transgressions Inc.

As unhealthy as it sounds, I usually take a chug of some night-time cough medicine XD

Maybe give it a try? You might want to consult the doctor first...

AppleInsight

AppleInsight

-A Little Apple in Sight-

I usually read a book until I just fade away. Or lately, played my brother's game.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

everyone has theyr habits I think o.O when I can`t sleep I try to make my mind empty and try to keep it like that
don`t laugh ;) I imagine sand over an image in my head and then something like a broom is sweeping it away strange I know ^_^'
but this is how I manage to make me self seep when my mind is too busy with things

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

Drink some milk. Yeah, I'm a milk addict, whatever that means. :P

merged: 07-08-2007 ~ 07:04am
Sometimes I read my comics to make me fall asleep.

merged: 07-08-2007 ~ 07:04am
Or just imagine stuff in bed. Like: "what happens if animals can talk?" and the like.

SakuraAngel94

SakuraAngel94

Gitsu-chan <3

Stuff my head into my pillow, and try to sleep again, and also try not to sufficate

I log off the PC, switch to a non-fluorescent bulb thats by my bed, and take a melatonin pill (3mg/3000mcg) about 30min before bed. It works like a charm.

I do some extremely stupid things, because lack of sleep seriously impairs my judgment.

Or I study. Both activities tire me enough to knock me out.

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

well when i can't sleep i listen to music or do something on the computer.

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Take Nyquil if you're not afraid of some meds. Otherwise, try just taking a bath and then lying in bed with a book (preferably something boring like a textbook).

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

RieRen

RieRen

Jealousy's The Cousin of Greed

When I can't fall asleep I usually count to myself (I don't know why) because if math makes me fall asleep in school why not in bed.

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.