'lil goth' wallpaper -advice appreciated-

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Cancel

x.x i forgot was i was intending to do in this wall, so i winged most of it without thinking it out xD :sweat:
I might have to remake the wall completely, but for now, does anyone know what i should change to make this seem a bit more likable? O_o
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8499/wallpapermesseduprr0.th.jpg

I think the moon stands out a bit too much O_o... should i remove it?

thanks in advance

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Lazy af

Cancel

I find the plants and clouds too blurry. Did you try to paint over them? They would look better crisp or a bit clearer, since the contrast between the background and the character is too obvious.
Also, the grass in front of the character isn't a too good addition. You can just say the character is in front of everything, or you can add some bigger plants/grass in front of her, if you want to say she's lost in the jungle ^_^'
I suggest making the plants of a lighter color, since you can't really distinguish the background.
Except for the blurriness, the moon seems to be ok.
A good thing would be adding some textures to the girl's cross :) That way it wouldn't look like blank space.

Want to help out with tagging? (Of course you do!) See these: Tag admin thread | Guidelines | Tag-licious

Cancel

thanks! I took into consideration of most of the things u said XD.... x.x but i think it still looks strange. I removed the trees, mainly because they were too sharp and messy. I changed it to mountains instead. I changed the grass formation... but i think it looks very empty in that area >.> and the pricks of the grass still bother me lol... well the grass is in a lighter color xD... I added gradient to it so that makes it seem like the light is shining on it. I dimmed the area of the clouds a lot xD, and their less blurry since i removed some of the blur and noise. As for the cross O_o... i think i overdid it xDDDD(had a little bit too much fun with it >.>). I removed the butterfly off her hand -__-.. it stood out too much.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8571/wallpaperugly2copygp4.th.jpg

Cancel

That image is so clear and crisp--loves it, the quality is brill. But I agree that the background is kind of indistinguishable. You could definitely manipulate it better, its kind of a weird contrast. & also possibly make the colours more vibrant. But kudos, on the image extraction though--it's on point. :)

• Jun 23, 2007
Cancel

thanks ^.^. Ummm O_o ^ the 2nd one is indistinguishable? o.o or are you talking about the first one that was covered with black trees xD? well i changed the grass... again... and i reduced the brightness of nearly the whole wall so that it seems merged together (hopefully it actually worked lol)

EDIT
posted in gallery xD... thanks for the help again ^.^

Crimson by darkheartknight

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.