Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pen Tool Extraction Tutorial (PSP8) - Minitokyo

Pen Tool Extraction Tutorial (PSP8)

Do you like/understand this tutorial?

Yes, perfectly, thanks!
6 votes
Wah it's so confusing!! I don't get it!
0 votes
It's boring and long-winded.
0 votes
Mostly it's okay, but some parts are confusing or unclear.
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I've made a tutorial on how to extract using the pen tool and a mask. I don't really extract much, but I prefer this method the most, because it's the most forgiving (if you made a mistake it's very easy to go back), and the pen tool gives you nice smooth curves :)

The program I use is Paint Shop Pro, but Photoshop or Gimp should have similar abilities (the functions are in different places that you'll have to find).

This assumes that you know how to use the pen tool/vector (If not, and if you use PSP like me, you can find my pen tool tutorial here).

If the image is too small, here's the link to the bigger image (I didn't want to make it too wide and mess up the forum layout)

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6204/extractnb6.jpg

Happy extracting!

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

nice thanks for sharing. I'll be testing this later and I'll give more feedback then.

-Boojitsu21 :pacman:

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Hmmm... Very intersting. Look easier to extract than the Adobe CS2 one. :)

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

woot, another tut! (I know I'm late XD)
Anyway, thanx again for telling me this technique before. Although I rarely extract scans(vectoring ish better). ^.^

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

this made extraction so much easier. i'd usually erase the bg and that took sum time. thank you *chu*

nice tut. thanks for sharing with us! :) this'll help a lot

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.