Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will Harry Potter die? - Minitokyo

Will Harry Potter die?

will Harry Potter die?

yes
13 votes
no
22 votes
dunno, dun care
8 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

i think he isnt..haha..
just guessing, bcoz if he dies, after those fights..wut's the point?

well, i wanna know about all of ur opinions
^____^

Signature

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

well... have you read the last book that got out? (6) if you read it, you may think that harry may be the last horcroux (forgot how to wrtite it, sorry >.<)... also, rowling once said that he may die, so no other writter would make a kind of continuation

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

He'll die alright! The writer announced that Harry will die in the last book among Voldemort. Honestly, I'm happy, I didn't quite like his character. Only in the 1st movie, he was a cutie back then. So, trust me, he'll die!

Signature

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Whoah.. You should've put some kind of spoiler warning.. Ghar.. But I did have a feeling he would die anyways.. But knowing that he atually is, is going to somewhat kill the book for me. Rowling shouldn't have announced that >_<

This thread is in the wrong catagory, by the way.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Quote by Sakura-DustHe'll die alright! The writer announced that Harry will die in the last book among Voldemort. Honestly, I'm happy, I didn't quite like his character. Only in the 1st movie, he was a cutie back then. So, trust me, he'll die!

Whoa, where did you get that information?! Would JK really give a massive spoiler like that before the book is released? That's horrible. Especially since companies like Scholastic are making sure that no spoilers whatsoever leak out before the book is released?
*You should use a spoiler tag for that :x*

Anyway, for the main question: personally, I think he will die (but I kinda don't want him too :x) JK did say that three "main" characters would die though OX

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

xShatteredSoulx

xShatteredSoulx

Potential shrink

J.K. has announced there will be two main character deaths, and while it is possible that Harry is a Horcrux; I'm hoping he isn't. It would make sense because according to Dumbledore, Voldemort transfered some of himself into Harry by accident. However, if Harry is a Horcrux, that would mean that he and Voldemort would have to die simultaneously since all parts of Voldemort's soul must be destroyed and Harry is supposed to be the only one that can kill him.

According to J.K., the last chapter - which is the first chapter she wrote - has 'scar' as its last word, and it is supposed to be an epilogue of sorts. Whenever faced with this evidence, I cannot help but think Harry wipes himself and Voldemort out at the same time with someone suffering from some type of backlash, resulting in someone else acquiring a cursed scar.

A list of Horcruxes:
The diary
The ring
Slytherin's Locket
Hufflepuff's Cup
Nagini (supposedly, which means something living can be a Horcrux)
And Voldemort himself.

If you count the Horcruxes, you will see one only have one missing, but while Slytherin and Hufflepuff are represented, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw aren't, unless the ring is from one of the founders. I think Dumbledore would have been smart enough to check Gryffindor's sword, so I think we can count that out, yet we don't know if the sword was accessible at the time he was making the Horcrux.

Oh, and before I forget, what do you think the chances are that the locket thrown away from the house was the Horcrux? I'm willing to bet that it was and Kreacher rescued it, bringing it to a 'trustworthy' relative - AKA, a Malfoy.

Well?

From Latin, diva means 'Goddess'. Fine. I'm a diva.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Quote by xShatteredSoulxOh, and before I forget, what do you think the chances are that the locket thrown away from the house was the Horcrux? I'm willing to bet that it was and Kreacher rescued it, bringing it to a 'trustworthy' relative - AKA, a Malfoy.

Not so sure about him giving it to Malfoy, but I really do believe that the locket from the clean-up in Grimmauld Place is a Horcrux, especially since JK just snuck that little sentence in there.
Nagini is also an interesting one, I want to know more about the snake. I can't wait till the book comes out, I'm literally bouncing around in my seat :x

Signature Image

xShatteredSoulx

xShatteredSoulx

Potential shrink

Quote by Chloe-chan

Quote by xShatteredSoulxOh, and before I forget, what do you think the chances are that the locket thrown away from the house was the Horcrux? I'm willing to bet that it was and Kreacher rescued it, bringing it to a 'trustworthy' relative - AKA, a Malfoy.

Not so sure about him giving it to Malfoy, but I really do believe that the locket from the clean-up in Grimmauld Place is a Horcrux, especially since JK just snuck that little sentence in there.
Nagini is also an interesting one, I want to know more about the snake. I can't wait till the book comes out, I'm literally bouncing around in my seat :x

But that would be a good way to sneek the Malfoy's back into the story - after all, you don't expect her to just drop Snape and Draco, do you? In my nice, fairytale land of a mind, I imagine that Draco will chance his ways and will miraculously be able to get the locket for Harry, but only after a vicious duel with Lucius. (Apologies to all those that want Draco to remain a git.) As for Snape, I think he's a good guy, I think Dumbledore made Snape swear to kill him so Draco wouldn't have to.

She hasn't given us enough information about Nagini for any good theories, but I do have to wonder if it is possible to make a living creature the vessel for part of a soul. After all, they have their own, don't they? But maybe it can happen if it is only part of a soul instead of the whole? I suppose that might bring up questions as to how Voldemort was able to co-exist with Quirrel and possess animals while hiding in the forest. If I remember correctly, didn't Voldemort say the animals couldn't house his spirit (did he say spirit or soul; is there a difference that matters significantly between the terms?) for long because they were ill-adapt for magic? I'll have to check the book to make sure.

i hope he does!

hmmm, if harry doesn't die he will probably be at least severely wounded. Maybe some kind of emotional trauma to haunt him for the rest of his life?

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

It would be nice if he did, but I doubt that they'll actually kill him off. =(

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

xShatteredSoulx

xShatteredSoulx

Potential shrink

Quote by LordDraculushmmm, if harry doesn't die he will probably be at least severely wounded. Maybe some kind of emotional trauma to haunt him for the rest of his life?

Undoubtedly emotional trauma if he lives, but I hope he'll find closure. For some reason I doubt it, J.K. seems to like angst.

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

yep he will totally die..how do i know because usually the main character dies at the end of allot of series of books it has hapend to me on two occasions...
so he will die..gives the book a definite ending..

You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
Bury my body in the fresh meat aisle
You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
And I will rise again like an exocet missile Signature Image

foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten

Sentimental Daydreamer...

No clue. I hope there are no 'cliffhangers' or the type with no ending though... those are so annoying.

i think he will die, even though i dont want him to die. but i do believe that he might be a horcrux himself. so in order to kill voldemort he must destroy all of the horcruxes in order to accomplish that. but this is just a theory. jkr has tampered with significance of horcruxes and it is a difficulty to find what they may be.
but she has proven that she isnt afraid of killing characters off, either hermione, ron, or harry might die...its not certain.

for certain harrys goin to have to face an ultimatum, "voldemort dies or he dies". its going to be interesting how this all plays out. i tamper with possible outcomes all of the time...its mind-boggling haha

also i heard OOTP got bad reviews by the London Times saying that harrys acting with encounters of voldemort was "jarring awful"......but u know wut im not gonna let someone else tell me what i should like.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

(BEWARE: Spoilers and theories that could become spoilers iminate)

I think harry will die for two reasons. Firstly I found that JKs writing style makes it kind of obvious harry's scar was going to be the final part of the horticrus (how many spellings can we give it), that is he has to die for voldermort to die. If it isn't the scar then she probably changed her original idea realising that everyone had already figured it out.

The second reason for killing him off (and whoever the other mains are) is of course that she doesn't want to write any more or let anyone else do so, as was already mentioned here.

Another plot spoiler will be that snape is good and killed dumbeldore because he had to, a repetitive plot device JK has a habit of doing. You'll notice she threw in spells from earlier books that were forgotten in the middle ones, then used them over and over, I find she has a habit of repeating plot devices. So when dumbledore ordered harry to force feed him the poison-like goblet it is more than reasonable to assume she used the same idea and had dumbledore order snape (who was in a far more important position being close to voldemort, unlike dumbledore) to kill him.

(in my opinion) All these things may seem obvious and if they're not what actually happens, chances are it's because JK also figured it was obvious and decided to change it X-P

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

xShatteredSoulx

xShatteredSoulx

Potential shrink

According to J.K.'s website, Horcrux is the proper spelling with Horcruxes being the plural form.

As you mentioned the importance of his scar, didn't Dumbledore say he wouldn't get rid of Harry's scar because it might be important? I realize that what I say might be completely ludicrous, but what if it's Harry's scar that is the Horcrux, and not Harry? What if they are two separate things? (Again, apologies, I'm brainstorming.)

She has admitted to seeing the appeal of his death, but I know she also admits that she doesn't look forward to the end of the series, and while she will not continue it after this book, she is tinkering with the idea of a book of backstories as a companion for the series.

I am sure that is what Snape and Dumbledore were arguing about. I fully believe Snape was under orders from Dumbledore to kill him because Dumbledore felt like he would not be able to continue after retrieving the Horcrux from the cave - which we know wasn't the real Horcrux.

It is also my opinion that Regulus Black is the one that stole the Locket. If you will remember, Sirius said he became a Death Eater, but eventually wanted out. I think Regulus knew it would be in vain to run and did something a bit more damaging to Voldemort - after all, you would need to be very stupid not to realize Voldemort would kill anyone that deserted.

Oh, and don't say that Death Eaters are dumb because they chose the dark side, just look at Lucius. Definitely not a stupid man.

SakuraShirayuki

SakuraShirayuki

Avoidance will annihilate you...

noooooo! he won't die! >.<

imconfused

imconfused

....Something?

he shouldnt die she said shed write more books after he graduated

don't correct my spelling

If he were to die I assume thate people would protest... or somthing
I could imagine that so many people would be outraged

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Quote by GinameIf he were to die I assume thate people would protest... or somthing
I could imagine that so many people would be outraged

*Spoiler for those who haven't read book 6*
She killed off Dumbledore, didn't she? I was angry for about a month after I read the book and even now I get a nervous feeling in my stomach everytime I think about his death OX

Quote by imconfused
he shouldnt die she said shed write more books after he graduated

No, she said she wouldn't write anymore books after book 7 about HP:
[quote from Wikipedia]
As of 2007, Rowling has been working on the Harry Potter stories for 17 years.

* In a 2000 interview through Scholastic, Rowling stated that there isn't a university after Hogwarts and that she did not plan on further Harry Potter books:[62]

Q: Do you think that you will write about Harry after he graduates from Hogwarts? Isn't there a University of Wizardry?
A: No, there's no University for Wizards. At the moment I'm only planning to write seven Harry Potter books. I won't say "never," but I have no plans to write an eighth book.

There's so much HP stuff I wanna talk about, but this isn't the right thread for it and it's kinda late x_x

Signature Image

He will probably die and stay as a legend or something

I don't think he will die, but if he does, that'll will be probably after Voldy dies. Afterall, One could not survive if the other lives. So if Harry dies before Voldy, there wouldn't be anyone who could fight him.

He'll die just like his parents in the end but be known as a legend.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.