Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of Welcome to the NHK - Minitokyo

Deletion of Welcome to the NHK

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

My scan which I dont have a link to since it was submitted so long ago, was deleted because a smaller version with no text was submitted. The smaller version - Welcome To NHK by Skywalker-Dash is the exact same image as mine except someone tried to clean the text off it. You can see the parts where the text was on the scan originally, not an all together bad job but I know I myself still prefer the higher resolution pics regardless of text on them.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

I PMed saikusa, either of us will get back to you as soon as a decision is made.

EDIT:

Quote by saikusathe other scan is 100% clean, and still of a decent size that it not only can be used for wallpapers straight away, but if someone wants to vector it then they still can. Sorry, but fluke's scan stays deleted. He is always welcome to put it in the Picture Dump if he feels that strongly about it, but I can't see why... after all, the newer scan is better quality.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Sorry, I didn't realise Brom's PM came from a new thread query.

I disagree. I don't think it is the same scan, and I can not see anyone attempting to use the text-covered scan in wallpapers when they have a decent sized text-free version to use. Therefore that makes the older one the inferior quality duplicate, despite the fact it is larger...

There are a few occasions when a smaller scan is preferred over larger scans. This happens to be one because of the text. Usually it is because the larger version has more severe cropping, and the smaller version might have the complete image.

Ultimately, you are more than welcome to clean up the larger text filled version and submit that larger & cleaner one.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.