Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bokurano, anybody watch it? - Minitokyo

Bokurano, anybody watch it?

Tagged under Bokurano

page 1 of 1 10 total items

I'm surprise there's only a little topic about new anime here. The one i'm seing is old ones like Naruto, Gundam Seed, Tsubasa Chronicle, Bleach, etc. Well it's for me to bring a breath of fresh air here.
This Bokurano is based on a seinen by Mohiro Kitoh. First i though it was just a lame series about some middle school children stuck in some kind of weird game. But later on the series develop into a real thriller. I must say this is one anime that can match monster or 20th century boys. Ican't quit describe all of the story line here, but consider this. Your one of the 15 children that have to pilot a giant robot in order to save earth from the attacks of other robot. But the catch is that robot runs on life energy and once you finish piloting it you will die. What will you do? run away, face your destiny, cry in despair, go down like a hero, or cower on fear?
Ow yes i must warn you this is a seinen and things like murder, rape, mentally crazy people, and the likes of them are common things in the series.
Well if anybody have seen the show please let me know what you think about it. Ow and my favourite character so far is dung bettle (koe mushi)

merged: 07-13-2007 ~ 05:04am
uhm no bokurano fans out there?

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I've started to watch it today and now I'm at episode 10. I also thought that it was just another lame school children anime. But I think it's pretty interesting. I don't like the character design but nevertheless the anime is good. But what I don't like is that the mechas are so slow and they don't really look cool. ^_^'
I don't like Dung Bettle but I like his voice. I don't know the name of the seiyuu but to me his voice sounds just like the voice of Gaara from Naruto. I love his voice! *.*
My favourite character is Ushiro Jun. Dunno... XD

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

xXZeroMeowXx

xXZeroMeowXx

Deleted Acount

O.o i have never heard of it, maybe i should start :)

i've only watch 6/8 episode, but i've read the manga cause i'm so curios of the story. And what i can see from reading the manag is, the truth about the robot batle will surprise u. Ow and the manga is more bleak and dark than the anime. I kind of like the anime better, but the mangga is better in term of detail background about the pilot.
Yeah the fight is lame i can guarantee u that, and the robot move slowly too. But then again i'm not watching this movie because of the fight scene, i watch it because of the sotry line that's disturbingly intereting. 4 those who haven't watch it i recomend this anime with the highest priority.

Nope, I haven't watch this. But I like Op Song, Uninstall. And from what I heard, the story is complicated. Maybe if I have time, I will try to watch Bokura No. Th'x anyway for the info.

I shall die before it's all begin... for I don't have any future with me...

I've watched Mohiro Kitoh's Narutaru about an year ago, pretty much on a whim (I had read some contradictory reviews about it at that time and I wanted to see for myself what it was like). Well, it happened to have an incredible impact on me; even now, to me, it's the most important anime I've seen (and I've seen quite a lot ^_^') So... This spring, when I found out a new series by Mohiro Kitoh was going to be animated, I was anxious to know what it was about!
I liked the beginning very much, the first 4 episodes I think (the ones about Waku and Kodama). In my opinion, the story toned down and took an annoying turn when involving Kako and Chizu, but then became balanced again. The next notable moment comes with ep 13 (I won't say what happened then :D) and the plot is currently advancing in a really fast, almost incontrolable manner (I've only watched until ep 19)
I'm looking forward to see the anime's ending, which I'm sure will differ from the manga's. Although there are elements hinting towards a rushed conclusion, I'm still keeping high expectations. Despite of the controversy about the director or about other Gonzo productions lacking an efficient ending, I like the anime adaptation for Bokurano very much; I even think it's more balanced than the manga.
As for the characters, I think I like them all, excepting Chizu, Kako and Takami.
My favorites are Jun, Waku, Moji and Machi. Especially Machi, she's really strong and I'm sure she'll play a decissive role in the story's denouement; despite the new things that were revealed about her, I still consider her one of the 15 pilots. Coemushi is an important presence as well, being a constant element that makes the connection between the children that are gone and the ones who remain; also, if not the mastermind, it's at least obvious that he knows more than he tells. His voice actor is the most awesome, Akira Ishida <3 I loved every character he voiced :D
Forgot to mention how nostalgically-etherally-cool the opening is ~ Uninstall ~
Not only with the opening, but also with the endings, Chiaki Ishikawa (by herself XD) was a great choice for this series.
That's pretty much all that comes to my mind right now regarding Bokurano (a lot, I know, I'm a fan ^_^') I hope this series will get the attention it deserves and come to be more popular, though it focuses on a story overall pretty difficult to take and handle.

rika-shin

rika-shin

The pig... COMMANDS ME!

i did watch this series some time ago, from what i had seen, it was well done, has sort of an intense plot....i think i may have lost interest in it at about the 13th episode or so, but it did seem to get better along the later episodes...i would consider the manga over it, seems as though the plot differs in the anime...favourite characters of what i had seen, i would say are, chizuru machi and waku...good anime series, just never got around to finishing it.

I wish my life had an 8-bit NES soundtrack.

I have watched the whole episode... i like the story of it.. mostly when the consequence was revealed that they would die every single battle they face.. it's awesome.. kana-chan grew and told the story of the legendary black behemoth... he was the foster sister of ushiro(true name was Jun)... and maybe.. i can say that it ended up happy..^^

I've seen it and I found it pretty good. I just didn't like that *SPOILER* ALL of them died, 'cept Kana.

The opening song Uninstall, gave me LSS or last song syndrome for 1 whole week. I was like "Uninstall...uninstall..." everywhere I go. :D

xGabbiex

xGabbiex

i love senri-kun !!

i lovedd bokurano ! im a fan ..
and the opening ia awesome ! i had also an unistall fever <(^o^)>

I can't whistle so i just say the words wheet-whoo.
Fay D. Flourite (Tsubasa Chronicles)

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.