Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Guestbook Worth It? - Minitokyo

Guestbook Worth It?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Enternal

Enternal

Wirbelwind

Do you guys think that a guestbook is necessary and whether it would be useful or not? Since lately I been having a tough time deciding whether I should use one or just make a contact page. Anyway, thanks!

Signature
Fav. Chara: Azmaria (ChrnoC.), Tomoyo (TRC&CCS), Vanilla & Chitose (G.A.),
Alice (Aria), Daisuke | Hiwatari | Riku | Risa (D.N.Angel), More..

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Guestbooks are handy because you don't necessarily have to leave your email/ contact or reply address unlike a contact page, it requires you to have an email address to send mail from.

Both have its cons and pros- a guestbook can mean that anyone can leave a message (and nothing is required- no email address or anything), and it can be made public for everyone to see. The downside of it is spam and flaming (not like it's not possible with email or anything ;))

It overall depends on what you want- if you like having emails, then a contact page should be fine.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

shirobane

shirobane

Shiroi Hane

On my old site I used to have a guestbook, as it was better than posting an email address. On later sites I decided to go one better and add a forum, which with guest posting acts kinda like a levelled-up guestbook for all the sites together and was somewhere to post news before I got a blog etc. It got a bit out of hand after than however ^^;;;

Enternal

Enternal

Wirbelwind

Heh. Wow, it still hard to pick which one but you guys help me more now since I am starting to be able to choose which method I should use. About forums though, I don't think my site need a forum yet since it's so smal.

Signature
Fav. Chara: Azmaria (ChrnoC.), Tomoyo (TRC&CCS), Vanilla & Chitose (G.A.),
Alice (Aria), Daisuke | Hiwatari | Riku | Risa (D.N.Angel), More..

chubbykitty

chubbykitty

LEADING THE CAT ARMY

Guestbooks are rather troublesome. There's the PHP ones which can accumulate a ton of spam, then theres the default sign up/paste link/bang guestbooks which can look terrible and sometimes have ads all over. If they are necessary/useful will probably depend on how your site is structured and how you want to use it. I personally prefer using a contact page and respond back personally, but it's up to you :)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.