Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Elite Gallery - Minitokyo

Elite Gallery

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Checking the "ORIGINAL" category I realized that great part of the works that are there, always they are in elite gallery, for the simple thing that they are, though paintbrushes deal little and vectoring easy images, they will be in elite gallery, because? Does originality cost very much?

NOTE: if I raise a vector - waller it will be in elite gallery =3

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Um...i'm not sure if I understand the note part (no entendi mucho lo de abajo, dudo que el resto entienda :s)

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote: The following criteria determine the inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery:

Completed artwork which shows no immediately apparent or significant technical or compositional weaknesses.
Artwork that demonstrate thoughtful incorporation of a variety of techniques, proper placement of focal point, balanced composition, and expression of concepts or emotions.
Proper descriptions must be included for consideration for inclusion in the Elite Gallery. Proper descriptions should generally include: number of layers, brushes/effects/techniques used, links to scans or stock images in the submission, proper credit to members for scans/scan websites/vectors, collaborating artists if relevant, difficulties and obstacles encountered in creating the artwork, time spent, and the artist's personal judgment on how effectively the piece achieve the original concepts.

From http://support.minitokyo.net/policy/

Note that once an item is in the Elite gallery, it might not stay there.
If you feel something should be in the elite gallery when it's not, or shouldn't be in the elite gallery when it is, simply report the item so we can move it, providing us a (one or more) reason(s) to move it.

Note that the section I copied and pasted from the policy does not mention anything about originality: it's the concept and quality (execution) that matters. Originality in an item is a bonus- but it's no use having something original, but poorly executed in the elite gallery.

If you ask me, my personal definition of an elite gallery item is something worth downloading- it should be pretty balanced in all aspects and be a good quality image :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

True! Though I think the reason why a vector-wallers are in the elite gallery is because when you shrink the vector the lines become straight as you noticed.

Most of the vector-wallers you might've seen have details and they show consistant effort especailly with your description to support it.

As kuromisa said that even though they're int he elite gallery, it doesn't mean it'll stay there unlike highlighted works.

Original works have a higher chance because for some it's not as easy as others since we all don't have the same ideas. :D Sometimes the simplicity of it creates an more unique to a wallpaper, but that varies. =D

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.