Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Critique - Cagalli + Strike Rouge wallpaper - Minitokyo

Critique - Cagalli + Strike Rouge wallpaper

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Well since even this wallpaper got deleted (2nd ^^;) I'm gonna ask why. So anyone care to explain or critique? I submitted this into anime wallpapers category.

now that I relook at it.. I notice a slight part which I could've done better in I'll work on that part :P but otherwise, critque ;P

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/190/f/e/Cagalli_Strike_Rouge_Wallpaper_by_Andou_Mahoro.jpg

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Lol <3 Gundam models.

From what I'm guessing, this was probably deleted because of the background. The quality of this is exceptional, but the concept is kind of lacking. I don't know anything about Gundam Seed, so bear with me :P The only idea I'm getting at the moment is "this character owns the Gundam at the back". And...? Why is this character aggravated looking? ^_^' What has that got to do with the Gundam? ^_^'

Simply put, the 3D model of the Gundam at the back is rather disconnected to the vectored character at the front. Yes, exceptionally extracted, but it possesses a very different quality to the vectored character.

Personally, I think that if you took the expression of Cagalli and made a background revolved around that (explosion in the back <-- just a random idea, taking note of the lighting) it might work better. Even if you vector the Gundam in the back to give it a similar quality to the Cagalli vector, there's no guarantee that the wallpaper will stay in the gallery (because I feel the Gundam is kind of holding back from a really strong concept).

Anyway, just a few personal thoughts- ;)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

aha ok thanks for that! it's so damn hard to find a good quality image that's of the right size this was the best (background) I could get but I'll search for more! Thanks again for the input Kuroimisa

rizacaga

rizacaga

rizacaga

yea...i think so..maybe the problem is ...coz the bg a bit simple..*i think*^^

I think you should replace the 3-D Strike Rouge with one of its regular scans. I'm not very expert in wallpapers, so what I say is mostly based on my initial impression of your work. Vectors' (especially Cagalli in your work) for me feels more two-dimensional. In normal perspective, elements and objects in closer distance look more detailed and warmer. Cagalli's face looks less detailed (There's no problem with the vector, in fact it's very neat and clear) than Rouge. I think it would be better if you vector Strike rouge too.

I suggest you to also work on the lighting and color contrast. There's for sure a shadow and light source. It will create more emphasis to subject of your work.

Good Luch ~ :)

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

i think you should use an animated gundam instead, really weird, when suddenly it becomes real, scan is fine, ermm...though you vectored cagalli and all, i think you should do more on the background, cause it seems no effort is done to the background, even if it's only the scan, cuase everything should come in a package, if the background and scan matches, then good, but if it doesn't than, well try again, you can do it~ ^-^ your vectoring skills are not bad, why not try doing some vectoring at the back, might be simple, but it can be comsidered a vectored wallie, it would be much better, and the text is quite normal if you know wat i mean, try downloading some fonts, which suits the wallie better i think it would look much nicer. ^-^ good luck.^-^

Signature Image

I regenerated the whole backgroud ^^; seems like it went unnoticed. Well that means my best was still not enough but I will work on it as soon as my computer's back up and running!

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.