Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help!:Unable to do System Recovery and Downloads Sections - Minitokyo

Help!:Unable to do System Recovery and Downloads Sections

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

There's a problem with my computer and its been acting weird for 2 days now, i can't do a system recovery because it says the file is corrupted, missing, renamed and whenever i go to the downloads folder after finishing downloading the latest episode of the anime, the computer starts to say that there's a problem and tells me to debug the computer of explorer.exe and everything disappear's and the personal settings starts to do something and the taskbar and everything else on my desktop comes back, i've checked for virus's and everything, and those been taking care of, but it still does it, i have no clue what to do now, anyone know how to fix this ?

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

That definetly sounds like the work of a virus or your copy of Windows is corrupt somehow now. Are your Virus Definitions up to date? Can you back up your files that you need and try to reinstall Windows? It's a pain in the ass, but it may be the only way to go.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

nya~~~ ryo-chan files missing too? mine as well, manga and animes! all gone! this seems rather weird, and i doubt it has anything to do with viruses cause mine is a mac com, which hardly gets any....but you never noe, i tried to recover the stuff, but they will just say that it's gone, and not found! hmmm....and i searched the whole com and still nothing~ could it be that someone or something is messing up the coms?

Signature Image

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Quote by flukeThat definetly sounds like the work of a virus or your copy of Windows is corrupt somehow now. Are your Virus Definitions up to date? Can you back up your files that you need and try to reinstall Windows? It's a pain in the ass, but it may be the only way to go.

yea my files are backed up and everything, and i use prevx 2.0, and norton antivirus 07, and it took care all of the backdoor trojans and adware, and yet my computer is acting all wierd whenever i open any part of the folders i have.

I wonder...though I doubt it is this, but here is my suspicion. Perhaps it is simply caused by a processing confliction and this caused the computer to destroy the data it thought was the source confliction. I doubt this myself, but it is a possibility.

I would recommend ghosting the computer. (Pretty much everything the fluke said.) With the complete reformatting of your hard drive. I pretty certain that if you have a version of XP, that this function will occur automatically though.

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

yea, my comp is window's xp, so how do i reformat my comp

First you need the system disc that you got with your computer. Insert that into the drive and restart the computer.

It should be automatic after that. You will lose all data on that hard drive if you choose to do this!

kilaishuashao

kilaishuashao

`Black >Kn!ght< Zero`

I think you can download an explorer.exe on the Internet and.....
Did you have something important at disk C?
Did you have system installation CD?
If it didn't work,you can format your disk C and install the system.....
Because I haven't seen this problem...........
Perhaps you can find the answer on the Internet....

Do you know me?
Kila Yamato!
Sorry For My Bad English```- -|||
Kira-and-Lacus

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

hmmmm...is it the same for mac? cause mine is a mac com~

Signature Image

ahh...winXP...sounds like if nothing fixes it, you will have to reformat, it's quite simple compared to reformatting in WinME lol....

It's pretty simple. Insert the WinXP disc, it will automatically boot from CD. When it's time to fix the partition, make sure you DELETE the partition and not REPAIR it. Repairing didn't fix anything for me when I had a similar incident.

Choose format in NTFS...NOT FAT32. Also, I suggest doing the long deletion process. The fast deletion does the same thing, but it does not get rid of "all" the files. When you delete something off your computer, it doesn't really delete...the information just gets written over by another file when it's downloaded/installed. So, it's really still there lol (weird huh?), but you can't access it. The long deletion gets rid of these invisible files.

If you have any questions pop me an email at saint_seiya121@yahoo.com good luck :)

lol I sound like such a nerd :nerd:

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.