Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are Minitokyo images transfered on a port other than TCP 80? - Minitokyo

Are Minitokyo images transfered on a port other than TCP 80?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

yeah, heres the deal: for a while now, i've been having problems with getting the images on minitokyo to load. sometimes they would, sometimes they wouldn't. first of all, no, firefox isn't blocking them, and yes, i checked Common Problems in MT. i recently figured out that my firewall was blocking them. see, my firewall is different from most. it operates strictly on ports and protocols. TCP port 80 is the default HTTP port, but i know that web servers can use other ports instead. thus, i can chose to allow necessary ports such as TCP 53 (DNS), 67-68 (DHCP), 80 (HTTP), 443 (HTTPS), and so on, but block everything else, making my computer much more secure.

this might be something that only the server admin could answer, but what port is used for Minitokyo images? i could probably figure it out with WireShark, but i really don't feel like poking around at the contents of a couple hundred packets trying to find which one carried image data to my computer. call me lazy, i'll say, "who? me?"

anyways, thanks in advance for your time and effort in helping me solve this problem!

Think deeply of simple things.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I know that avatars, sigs, and thumbnails are served off of images.minitokyo.net:8001 (here's your avatar: http://images.minitokyo.net:8001/avatars/ejwcobra.gif). Downloads (full scans/walls/etc) come from the download server, and I don't know what port that is if it's not the standard 80.

DeHackEd

DeHackEd

Busy screwing with causality

Yeah, 8001 TCP is used for almost all the images on the site.

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

yep, that fixed it. thanks!

Think deeply of simple things.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.