Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [GAME] Haiku You! - Minitokyo

[GAME] Haiku You!

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Ultra-Violet

Ultra-Violet

Ultra Violence

Hello There Boys & Girls! ^__^
Fancy yourself clever with words and up for a bit of fun?
Why not join in on a game that'll require wits, creativity and a sense of humour! :D :D :D

Here's How To Play Haiku You!:

A Haiku is a classic Japanese metric structured short poem.

1) To write a Haiku all you need to do is write three sentences in the following format:
Sentence 1 = Must have 5 syllables
Sentence 2 = Must have 7 syllables
Sentence 3 = Must have 5 syllables

2) Your Haiku must contain a 'Kijo' or Season Word indicating which season it was written in.
Example: Cherry Blossoms indicate Spring, Snow indicates Winter, and Mosquitoes indicate Summer. This is traditional for all Japanese Haiku poems.

Want to read up a little more on Haiku-poetry before playing? Check out: Haiku For People

Right! Now that you know the rules, be as creative and as outrageous as you like!

Game Structure:

* 10 Haikus, 1 per Player/Member = 1 Round.

* 3 Rounds per Game.

* Each Haiku must have a Kijo! (You can highlight these in italic font!)

* No Kijo = Player/Member is Disqualified from the next round! (That makes it tricky! ^__^)

* Each game will get more and more complex depending on how many players are willing to join in!

* Each Round a theme is set.

* The next player to set the theme is the last (10th) player to submit a Haiku for that round!

Final Rule: Please write all conversation unrelated to the game in Square Brackets: [ ] <-- These Things! ^___^

Let's Play Haiku You!
=========================================

GAME 1 : ROUND 1 // THEME: ANNOYING INSECTS:

[Players, please set out each game, round and theme header to look like the one above!]

Fly buzzes loudly
Swatting fly does not hush him
Fly: One, Me: Zero

[Take it away Players! ^___^]

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

[Annoying insects isn't really an easy topic ya know X-P also I never knew about the kijo, thanks for the new knowledge]

What bug annoys most?
Humming in the heat of night
The mozzi doth come

[Even after re-reading that I'm now really paranoid I've lost the ability to count syllables O.o]

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

A cockroach skittles
under the cherry blossoms
...so very kawaii

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Crazy bumble bee.
Flying around the tree "leaves".
Get honey I will!

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

Ultra-Violet

Ultra-Violet

Ultra Violence

[Excellent work everyone! These Haikus are a laugh! I love them! ^__^ Keep it up! I hope we get more players! ^___^ :D :D :D]

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Thats it.. this really sucks.
I want mah friggin snow flake!
Take this mad snow man!

*Takes out flamethrower and kills snow man*

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

[hmm...so we just write a haiku relating to the topic? i get it...i think...what happens at the end of each game?]

I hear a small buzz.
I look around but it's gone.
All that's left is bites.

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.