Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help needed! - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 5 total items

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

X.X I'm blur now at what to do with my newest wall,the grass looks totally fake! and I can't get the river right....T.T Someone give me some suggestions of what to do to make the grass looks real,and the rock looks out of place too...

Fate/Stay Night Wall

PS:HELP!T.T

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

The main problem with this wallpaper is that none of it blends together- you can totally tell that the anime scan was not from that background originally, so what you need to do is tie it all together some how. Some popular methods of doing this are vectoring the entire thing, or painting / smudging until you get the desired effect.

If you take the painting route, then here is a tutorial on painting grass. You could take a look at this tutorial for painting the scan as well.

I would retrace the buildings in the background all together or scrap them, they don't do anything for the wallpaper really. However, if you keep them, then MapleRose did a nice little tutorial over at Paint-O-Rama on how to do the lights. The river doesn't look like water enough, why don't you try this water tutorial? And add more variation in size for those firefly things, they look odd as they are.

Hope I helped! :)

rika23

rika23

?-?????

The grass look weird O.o

merged: 07-15-2007 ~ 12:47pm
oh? is that river o.o i thought it was road ^^"

Signature Image
My Latest Artwork: Oofuri<3
DEAD

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Thanks bromithia-san,it really helpes,I just have to find a nice time to do it...Thanks a lot!

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

yup i agree with bromithia, the scan does not really blend with the surroundings. and yes the grass looks too fake already, cause it realy looks like some graphic art where, they just use brushes and makes it really still. i think the grass is the main thing, maybe try using a colour closer to the blue she's wearing, does not need to be of original colours, you can play with them, like maybe the lightings and all~ well than texture is another, so good luck, and hope to see your wallie soon~ ^-^

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.