Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why is it Impossible to read Piano Notes?! T-T HELP...plz? - Minitokyo

Why is it Impossible to read Piano Notes?! T-T HELP...plz?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Kaisuke90

Kaisuke90

~The Angel of Light and Shadow~

T___T I'm getting pissed off......
I started to take out my old keyboard from the dark a few months ago when I saw a guy playing "Kiss the Rain" on YouTube and tried to imitate him, and it went pretty well ^^ so i didn't Have to learn how to read notes ^-^ yay!

But now it's not "yay" no more >.< ....
Since then i've learned two song simply by looking at others videos ^^;;
but now I've descided to learn how to read Notes and feel my own rythm! but i'm dont have time to take classes...and i'm too lazy for that XD

but OMG.... O___O "Harder than I thought" is the least i can say.... It's Impossible!
There's a song i love called "Yu Jian" that i Really really wanna learn how to play on keyboard... but i just Can't read the notes >___< It's just lines and dots..... >__>

So if there's someone out there that can hear my cry for help! I'd really like some tips on how to read the notes efficiently, maybe some trick to read them easier?
oh yeah... O.O" I'm thinkheaded.... Get lost among the dots and lines ALL the time >_> any cure for that?

here's a link to the notes "Stephanie Sun - Yu Jian"

Honestly, the best way to learn how to read notes is to get an actual music teacher. I'm sure there'll be sites online that show you how to read them, but there's no substitute for a real teacher when you're just learning.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Here's a great resource for beginner's music theory. Ricci Adams' Music Theory

Click on the Lessons drop down menu. The first group of lessons, from the staff to the meter, will help you get started reading music scores. The transcription of Yu Jian you have is very simple and does not include any more advanced notation, so the first group of lessons should allow you to read it.

The cure for not being able to read music is practice. If you learn enough pieces from music, not just by ear, then it'll eventually come naturally. Since you are a beginner, don't expect quick results because sight reading takes lots of hard work. Keep it up, and eventually you'll get there.

P.S. Stephanie's Yu Jian is a beautiful song.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

You really just have to practice. I've been self teaching myself (which it sounds like that's what you want to do) for several months, and I still haven't mastered it. As EternalParadox said, it's all about practice

Kaisuke90

Kaisuke90

~The Angel of Light and Shadow~

Thx for the tips ^^
I've been practicing all day hehe ^^;;
Progress! YaY! XD I'm better now and I don't get lost that often now either (^-^)

P.S. Yes! Stephanie's Yu Jian Really is a beautiful song XD

Locrian

Will play guitar for whiskey

call me when you can play this:
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6974/musicmesspi6.jpg

hehehe just incase its a joke no human could ever dream of playing something like this

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.