Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's wrong with Evolution? - Minitokyo

What's wrong with Evolution?

Do you believe in Evolution?

Yes, Evolution is a fact.
77 votes
No, Evolution isn't false.
5 votes
Your head explodes.
4 votes
Lightning strikes OP.
2 votes
Rolls eyes and leaves thread.
11 votes
Doesn't like OP.
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 17 of 17 « Previous 1... 13 14 15 16 17 386 total items

It's probably a little late to enter this debate since it's basically developed into mountain vs Program ZERO, but I'll just toss in my two cents anyways...

I believe that evolution does occur, but also that the concept, while for the most part true, has flaws. This is based off that all aspects of an organism are derived from a progression of transitory elements in its predecessors. While this would be true with most examples (to take from the debate, the evolution of wings), I find it hard to apply this concept universally. The most glaring problem with me would be the ability of sight. While sight may prove very beneficial after its complete development, any form of a transition in the development of eyes seems neither beneficial nor harmful to an organisms ability to survive. And supposing an eye complete with lenses and optical nerves happened to be a mutation the brain still needs to develop enough to be able to use said eye.

I am by no means a biology major nor have I studied evolution extensively (though willing to research), but I've just been harboring this question for a while and figured this would be a suitable place to bring it up ^^'' (though I might just get ignored...)

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by mountain

?

Quote by Kazeryu06I believe that evolution does occur, but also that the concept, while for the most part true, has flaws. This is based off that all aspects of an organism are derived from a progression of transitory elements in its predecessors. While this would be true with most examples (to take from the debate, the evolution of wings), I find it hard to apply this concept universally. The most glaring problem with me would be the ability of sight. While sight may prove very beneficial after its complete development, any form of a transition in the development of eyes seems neither beneficial nor harmful to an organisms ability to survive. And supposing an eye complete with lenses and optical nerves happened to be a mutation the brain still needs to develop enough to be able to use said eye.

The evolution of the eye is believed to have occurred many years ago. Approximately half a billion years ago, the first organisms on Earth fed off of sunlight and so, any organism with a light-sensitive organ would gain a tremendous advantage over environmental obstacles. Consequently, the eye was very simple in the beginning and as time went by and an organism's environment changed, the eye became more and more complex at a very slow rate. Any negative mutations would be immediately filtered out and positive mutations would become more common. That's it in a nutshell... I've no degree on neurobiology (if there is such a thing) or even biology so I can't even hope to go into detail... That would go without saying so if I'm wrong about something, don't be surprised.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

page 17 of 17 « Previous 1... 13 14 15 16 17 386 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.