Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's wrong with Evolution? - Minitokyo

What's wrong with Evolution?

Do you believe in Evolution?

Yes, Evolution is a fact.
77 votes
No, Evolution isn't false.
5 votes
Your head explodes.
4 votes
Lightning strikes OP.
2 votes
Rolls eyes and leaves thread.
11 votes
Doesn't like OP.
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 6 of 17 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 Next » 386 total items

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DarkRoseofHellSimple response.

Quote by kingray100this post doesnt concern you at all,so dont intervene.and the stoned phrase you used was when god was speaking to the disciples,so obviously you dont know how to use the bible against itself,considering it cant be done in the first place.Now,make sure you dont answer a question that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

I never said anything of intervention until you brought that up.

before i allow things back to order,let me prove darkroseofhell wrong so we may limitthe amount of lies on this as much as possible.
Darkrose,you said this,"You answer things that have nothing to do with you, and yet you attack me for doing the exact same thing.."
this has to do with thread intervention,and your stating that I intervene on other people's posts,so what you said earlier about not mentioning it is false.
Now we may continue.

Does the word intervention appear there? I also said that you answer things that have nothing to do with you, and I don't see how you're so annoyed by it too.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DarkRoseofHellDoes the word intervention appear there? I also said that you answer things that have nothing to do with you, and I don't see how you're so annoyed by it too.

the word intervention doesnt have to appear to prove my point,ma'am.and writing things that have nothing to do with the person(me in this false case) would be me intervening into someone else's conversation.I dont like lying.Its hard to keep things in order just by mentioning science and religion.dont make it any more complex then it is.
Let the thread continue.

If you post on a forum then you are giving anyone the right to answer. If you want a private conversation, then post in that persons guestbook.

One thing is you forget that this is a forum, not a PM type conversation...

Anyways...

Evolution personally, I find it makes sense since it does show how things can branch out in many directions whether good or bad to the organism and in terms of natural selection will technically eliminate those that are "ill-prepared" or however you put it. I don't know why there are people that turn it down when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense... both logically and scientifically...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

I think that evolution makes a bit of sense but shouldn't rule out religion just yet.
There are many reasons to believe in why God would plan out life to be evolutionized.(if thats a word..)

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I still say the theory of evolution does not eliminate creationism it merely trys to explain how God did it.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

But the problem with evolution is it eliminates adam and eve idea, which is why a lot of churches disagree with it.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

One of the reasons it eliminates the idea of creationism, is that the bones of these animals date much farther back than the bible was said to have been made. Not only that, but we have found bones of pimitive humans, which does not correlate to the bible having intelligent human beings from the very beginning. If you were to completely agree with the evolutionary theory, then you would agree the life started out from self-assembling molecules and the world is far 4.5 billion years old, not 6 thousand. There is science and evidence behind all these facts, ask me for links if you want some sites for more information.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by DarkRoseofHellBut the problem with evolution is it eliminates adam and eve idea, which is why a lot of churches disagree with it.

Thank you! It challenges the authority of the bible which is why there are people who call themselves Creationists.

Quote by kingray100its not just about the documents,program!ask the scientists who say JESUS LIVED!

What scientists would these be?

Quote: There is many types of evidence that supports this!

And those would be? What undisputable evidence would this be?

Quote: they wouldnt bother to sat something they doubted or something they thought was not true!will you think?

What scientists do you speak of?

Quote: you say you never mentioned anything about mistakes and yet you said this...
"I don't care for Lee, I care for the book which makes unwarranted assumptions."sound familiar?

Not all assumptions are wrong. The justification behind an assumption is what's important.

Quote: and i know the foxnews subject is off topic,i just wanted to inform you on a good person's work.but it bothers me that you cant even accept jesus' existence...thats pretty bad if your going to argue on the scientific way of things...

Because you've yet to give any CONVINCING, UNDISPUTABLE evidence that proves he once walked the Earth.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by DarkRoseofHell
But the problem with evolution is it eliminates adam and eve idea, which is why a lot of churches disagree with it.

Thank you! It challenges the authority of the bible which is why there are people who call themselves Creationists.

No it challenges the literal Creationist who believe that each and every story in the Bible happened exactly as written which is idiotic at best and self-destructive at worst. I define myself as a Creationist because I believe God created everything. I believe the story of creation as told in the Bible is exactly that a simple story to make it easier to understand. Remember God did not write the Bible he inspired it and as there were no humans at the start of creation that would make How God created everything a little difficult to fathom for your run of the mill individual during that time. Not to mention that the creation story eerily similar to other creation stories of religions that are not even associated with Christianity.

Quote by ProgramZERO Quote by kingray100its not just about the documents,program!ask the scientists who say JESUS LIVED!

*raises hand*
Yo dude, I am like a rocket scientist (literally no joke) and I believe in Jesus so theres one scientist.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by DarkRoseofHellBut the problem with evolution is it eliminates adam and eve idea, which is why a lot of churches disagree with it.

Just a reminder, its a belief that Adam and Eve were the first two humans. However, scientists will tell you that they will agree that the first humans came from Africa. So, there's something you might want to think about.

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by kingray100its not just about the documents,program!ask the scientists who say JESUS LIVED!

I am a biologist/scientist and I believe that Jesus lived, but this is a personal belief as well as a scientific one. Not to take sides, but I think kingray100 might've meant something like... there are scientists that believe in religious texts as being a part of history because many texts like these were used as accurate portrayals of historical events and people. Why scrutinize, omit, or discredit one text from all of the others of the same time, historically and scientifically speaking? Especially when there are other texts from the same time period that coincide and back up the same stories...

Quote by ProgramZEROBecause you've yet to give any CONVINCING, UNDISPUTABLE evidence that proves he once walked the Earth.

Well, they do believe they've found the grave of Jesus, the Arc of the Covenant, you have the Dead Sea Scrolls, (possibly) the Shroud of Turin, and there is the Qur'an. I guess what I'm trying to get at is there is no convincing, undisputable evidence that proves any specific person has walked the earth unless we have their bones or some kind of DNA sample... and then, you can't say that it was undisputable that it was that person anyways, unless you have their geneology and other DNA from their family and lineage... since we didn't have DNA records back then, we can't prove or disprove any person back in history unless we found their grave.

How about King Tut or any of the pharoahs or other great historical figures? We can see that they have monuments and hieroglyphics and whatnot, but unless we find their bodies we can't completely prove that they lived. This is what I meant with the texts and historical documents being all that we have for many of the important people in our history that we do not have their bodies/DNA evidence to collaborate the stories. Know what I mean? Its based on what evidence we have. Science is based on an educated guess... not always on just the facts. :D

Evolution itself is not a bad idea if there was proper evidence to back. I am mainly thinking of one specific example, let me explain. According to evolutionists the rat and the bat had the same common ancestor. In order for this to be true there must an intermediate stage between the common ancestor and when the rat and the bat actually came into existence, a ratbat. And this is true when speaking of all common ancestors that to this day not one animal that would link today’s creatures to their ancestors has ever been found. Now onto my second point.
DNA is not something that just changes. A dogs DNA will always be a dog’s DNA it will never have puppies with the DNA characteristics of a squirrel. The only way that DNA does ever significantly change is through mutations. It is possible to say that a giraffe’s ancestor one day had an offspring with a really long neck and from that one animal his genes went on to the next generation and so on and so forth. When studying mutations you will find that most are fatal and the rest have no practical use at all. DNA is not affected by outside conditions, it is simply and impossibility.
Now if anyone actually reads this, which I doubt they will, if you have significant evidence to go against these points please tell me so I can strengthen or change my position on this subject. Maybe my information is messed up and maybe in 20 years everything will turn out to be absolute crap. But until then these are my main arguments against evolution. And also I would like to apologize, this answer does not entirely go with the original question, so if that ticked anyone off, I am sorry.

Quote: Evolution itself is not a bad idea if there was proper evidence to back. I am mainly thinking of one specific example, let me explain. According to evolutionists the rat and the bat had the same common ancestor. In order for this to be true there must an intermediate stage between the common ancestor and when the rat and the bat actually came into existence, a ratbat. And this is true when speaking of all common ancestors that to this day not one animal that would link today

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

Quote: However, it allows that at some future time, more data might declare that conclusion false, and also there is some doubt, however small, that the thing happened as recorded anyway. After all, I said the BOOK moved in my example, but later analysis MIGHT yield the conclusion that the universe around the book moved and it simply appeared to me that the book moved when in fact the book stayed where it was. This, right now, seems the less likely conclusion, which is why we, for now, go with the other.

Aside from the fact that if the universe was to move because of a book.
1. That makes absolutely no sense.
2. Gravity is in which a piece of mass has a force of attraction and the bigger the mass, the stronger.
3. If we were to throw a book up and the universe was to move so it would see that it was going up, then we would literally be floating in air because we are an object like the book, an object like a star, earth, everything.

Though a theory is a theory, but it is backed up by evidence. But, an actual thing proven over and oven and nothing to prove it wrong is a fact. Such as me punching a wall and making a dent as I've said. Given I do punch the wall again, a dent would appear. Such thing as gravity does not exist, please tell me, what is causing us to fall? Please tell me why there's such thing as a solar system. Also, please tell me why the galaxies are formed in an eliptical shape if gravity was not in effect.

You're assuming, or trusting, in the work and data of others. This work, data, conclusions, and ideas MAY be accurate. It would seem it probably IS accurate. But science simply doesn't tell you that it is neccessarily. And i never said the universe would move because of the book, you somehow interpreted that from my example, i simply said the universe may have moved, for what reason? I didn't say. You assume it was because of the book because of the event of seeing the book appear to fall at the same time as the universe supposedly moving.

as for your list: 1: "that makes absolutely no sense." is not a valid argument here. Alot of things don't seem to make sense that you would hold to be scientific, and some simply make no sense because we don't have enough information about them to make sense of them yet. Gravity, in a way, makes no sense. All particles in the universe are exacting a pull on EVERY other particle? and just about none of these, if any, are actually touching each other? and its not a magnetic pull either? We're simply saying that things pull upon each other for no reason other than that they have mass, and that they pull on EVERYTHING?

2: I know what gravity is, but you are assuming there is gravity, and you are assuming it works that way because of the information and data so far and the interpretation and conclusions from that data by yourself and others. There could be information and explination outside the scope of our ability to record and sense, and there could be other conclusions we have not thought of. Is this likely? From what we've seen, no. Possible? Highly, highly, highly improbable, but possible, we don't have anywhere near infinite knowledge after all, or even complete finite knowledge.

3: what is floating? floating in what way? you do realize we are, in a way, floating in space, according to our scientific knowledge so far. we rest on a planet which could be understood as "floating" in space, and thus you COULD say we are floating too. the air is floating as well, as is everything else. But, then again, maybe theres some other explination we don't know about?

There have been many, many, MANY things "proven" over and over that later, by one small little disprove, turned out to not be such a "fact" after all. Spontanious generation (in the sense that things such as flies and such would continualy spontanously form from inorganic and nonbiological matter such as rocks, or generate from meat without any outside interaction) was supposedly proven over and over for a while. Then it was later disproven. and interstingly enough it was supposedly "reproven" at another point in time, and then again disproved. Relativity proved many equations and ideas to be inaccurate and incorrect in some sense that had been held as absolute for centuries (although some things were still fairly usable for most purposes).

And why do i need to explain to you why there is such thing as a solar system? and who said there actually is anything more than a concept of a solar system which may or may not be inaccurate? you're the one claiming its validity, you prove it as best you can. And if such a thing as gravity does not exist, why should i know why we appear to fall? I never said it does not exist, i simply said that its possible it doesn't or its inaccurate and we simply don't have enough information. If i had that extra information to say otherwise, I might be rather famous now. but again, i'm not saying it doesn't, i just said that its possible it does not, its POSSIBLE we don't have all the information. Thats science. Live with it. You can easily go about your life believing that science is always correct, and on many things it might be and it wouldn't make a difference to you, but its nature is not one to say for absolute certain that any conclusion is neccessarily correct. And just look at how often medical science changes information, theres a reason for that.

Quote by yothsothgothI am a biologist/scientist and I believe that Jesus lived, but this is a personal belief as well as a scientific one. Not to take sides, but I think kingray100 might've meant something like... there are scientists that believe in religious texts as being a part of history because many texts like these were used as accurate portrayals of historical events and people. Why scrutinize, omit, or discredit one text from all of the others of the same time, historically and scientifically speaking? Especially when there are other texts from the same time period that coincide and back up the same stories...

Yes, there are scientist who believe in jesus and such but I can't say that there is a lot since I don't go to a science research facility. >.>

Quote by yothsothgothWell, they do believe they've found the grave of Jesus, the Arc of the Covenant, you have the Dead Sea Scrolls, (possibly) the Shroud of Turin, and there is the Qur'an. I guess what I'm trying to get at is there is no convincing, undisputable evidence that proves any specific person has walked the earth unless we have their bones or some kind of DNA sample... and then, you can't say that it was undisputable that it was that person anyways, unless you have their geneology and other DNA from their family and lineage... since we didn't have DNA records back then, we can't prove or disprove any person back in history unless we found their grave.

Which is what I tried to say that Jesus as a figure may have never exist and we have absolutely no evidence ever to be able to. We don't have DNA samples back then, and a grave could be easily altered to anyone's fitting. Though I don't think people would really like to alter graves, but some people still do...

Quote by yothsothgothHow about King Tut or any of the pharoahs or other great historical figures? We can see that they have monuments and hieroglyphics and whatnot, but unless we find their bodies we can't completely prove that they lived. This is what I meant with the texts and historical documents being all that we have for many of the important people in our history that we do not have their bodies/DNA evidence to collaborate the stories. Know what I mean? Its based on what evidence we have. Science is based on an educated guess... not always on just the facts. :D

I don't believe in King Tut ! :P Personally I wouldn't care so much about history, why bother with the past when you can focus more on your present.

merged: 08-18-2007 ~ 11:15am

Quote: You're assuming, or trusting, in the work and data of others. This work, data, conclusions, and ideas MAY be accurate. It would seem it probably IS accurate. But science simply doesn't tell you that it is neccessarily. And i never said the universe would move because of the book, you somehow interpreted that from my example, i simply said the universe may have moved, for what reason? I didn't say. You assume it was because of the book because of the event of seeing the book appear to fall at the same time as the universe supposedly moving.

Well, if something doesn't move, something else has to if you're going to make it appear moving.

Quote: as for your list: 1: "that makes absolutely no sense." is not a valid argument here. Alot of things don't seem to make sense that you would hold to be scientific, and some simply make no sense because we don't have enough information about them to make sense of them yet. Gravity, in a way, makes no sense. All particles in the universe are exacting a pull on EVERY other particle? and just about none of these, if any, are actually touching each other? and its not a magnetic pull either? We're simply saying that things pull upon each other for no reason other than that they have mass, and that they pull on EVERYTHING?

Go grab a physics book and read it. Anyways, yes, everything has an attractiveness, the bigger the mass, the higher that attractiveness is, but the thing is, we will attract to the thing that is of higher attractiveness, as that "stronger is more dominant" part really does kick in, plus, the 1st one is just to say you're making no sense...

Quote: 2: I know what gravity is, but you are assuming there is gravity, and you are assuming it works that way because of the information and data so far and the interpretation and conclusions from that data by yourself and others. There could be information and explination outside the scope of our ability to record and sense, and there could be other conclusions we have not thought of. Is this likely? From what we've seen, no. Possible? Highly, highly, highly improbable, but possible, we don't have anywhere near infinite knowledge after all, or even complete finite knowledge.

Why not, as far as I see, if gravity isn't working, we will fly away. And what other explanation is there at the moment? If there's something of that is not of our ability to comprehend that is always affecting us, that would make no sense to the point where it's like I punch this person and the person can't comprehend what happens (unless they really are mentally disabled or something).

Quote: 3: what is floating? floating in what way? you do realize we are, in a way, floating in space, according to our scientific knowledge so far. we rest on a planet which could be understood as "floating" in space, and thus you COULD say we are floating too. the air is floating as well, as is everything else. But, then again, maybe theres some other explination we don't know about?

It appears that we're floating in space, but we aren't of the middle of the galaxy you do realize that right? The chances are the sun is floating around something else and so on. There's also theorized that the center of a galaxy is a black hole in which a black hole has a strong gravitational pull and therefore able to render this eliptical galaxy rather than something like a cube or box thing. Also, please again, open a physics book and read it. The air technically has weight and is light enough in which it stays in our atmosphere and appears "floating". Volume of one item can't take up volume of another, that'd be overlapping.

Quote: There have been many, many, MANY things "proven" over and over that later, by one small little disprove, turned out to not be such a "fact" after all. Spontanious generation (in the sense that things such as flies and such would continualy spontanously form from inorganic and nonbiological matter such as rocks, or generate from meat without any outside interaction) was supposedly proven over and over for a while. Then it was later disproven. and interstingly enough it was supposedly "reproven" at another point in time, and then again disproved. Relativity proved many equations and ideas to be inaccurate and incorrect in some sense that had been held as absolute for centuries (although some things were still fairly usable for most purposes).

Exactly where did you get this from? If something is inside an environment there will always be outside interactment.

Quote: And why do i need to explain to you why there is such thing as a solar system? and who said there actually is anything more than a concept of a solar system which may or may not be inaccurate? you're the one claiming its validity, you prove it as best you can. And if such a thing as gravity does not exist, why should i know why we appear to fall? I never said it does not exist, i simply said that its possible it doesn't or its inaccurate and we simply don't have enough information. If i had that extra information to say otherwise, I might be rather famous now. but again, i'm not saying it doesn't, i just said that its possible it does not, its POSSIBLE we don't have all the information. Thats science. Live with it. You can easily go about your life believing that science is always correct, and on many things it might be and it wouldn't make a difference to you, but its nature is not one to say for absolute certain that any conclusion is neccessarily correct. And just look at how often medical science changes information, theres a reason for that.

Science is to understand the world around us, of course we can't always be dead on target. I mean, people believed the world was flat a long time ago, but now apparently it's wrong. It's what we can percieve. Yes, there's a chance that gravity might not exist, but then what else have is there? Something that effects us day in and day out can't be explained is really really hard...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

you really need to do two things: take a science class, at least a college level one, and THINK. You do realize that I haven't been arguing the various ideas that gravity doesn't exist, or that we are floating, or anything else really. I'm simply saying there are possibilities, not LIKELY possibilities, just possibilities outside of what we concider to be accurate. We may be accurate, we may not be. it doesn't matter, thats not what i'm arguing. I'm simply talking about the nature of science. For all practicle purposes, you can take it as completely accurate (unless you're a scientiest testing a given theory), but for scientifical purposes, a thing is 'the most likely explination and conclusion given the data and information we have so far". It may stay that way forever, but thats what it is.

By the way, I'm pretty sure most credible scientiests believe that the man Jesus existed at one point in time. They have some various records of him, in fact, outside of Christian writing, which itself is a record of, if nothing else, that there was a man named Jesus who went around doing SOMETHING. They may not believe he did everything that is said about Him, but they believe he is a historical figure who lived at one time.

Science is to understand the things around us... and taking a science class like AP-Chem, it's college level, and heck, taking a science like AP-Computer Science, heck it's science. Be more specific. Plus, I am thinking, I think based on my logical sense. What else? Logic is the thing that builds math. You're talking about the scientific method, not of science in general...

Science can't prove Jesus existed in one point, unless we can somehow travel back in time, there is no way we can prove Jesus has existed. There's no DNA signature of Jesus, there is no remains of Jesus, and even if there were, we don't even know if it was him. He is a historical figure, and that's all you can say.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Actually, I'm apparently talking about scientific conclusions. I was just talking with my brother, who had worked in a physics lab for several years while he was majoring in physics and a little while after, who says what i've been describing is scientific conclusions, and as he puts it science "doesn't say anything". Interestingly, he also said that the book example i mentioned, about the earth moving toward the book or the universe moving around the book and various things, would be the conclusion a study of the occurance would come to, and with relativity its not particularly relavent.

Anyway, I didn't say Science could prove Jesus existed. I simply said that most credible scientists would not say he did not exist, and most historians would likely say he did at one point in time, based on their own methods and records. And you saying he is a historical figure is close enough to saying he is a figure in history which is almost to say he existed, and I don't say that is is to say such simply because of various philisophical possible interpretations of what it is to be a historical figure, not all of which would neccessarily mean that.

Anyway, AP Computer Science won't be relevent to what we're talking about, I took it too in highschool, as well as further computer science courses. AP-Chem should have taught you what I said.

Gravity is actually an indentation in the space time continuu made by a particle. Its pretty much like having a s dimensional slope in space. I do get what your point is about floating. Sure our planets floating in space, but we are not as we have the force of the earths gravity exerted on us, keeping us vertualy locked on a 2 dimensional plane. Actually, if the physics providing the implications of gravity werent true, then scientists would have had a heck of a time planning space expeditions and to rootes that were to be taken by satellites. Having proven and reproven things is a good thing. You want to be sure that something you have theorized is as accurate as possible, anyway, this was a while ago and technology had gotten much better since that theory was under debate. I think sceintists can be quite sure there is a solar system these days as we not only have photos of our own solar system, but can see others. Anyway, people do actually have repressed genes that can be released during your life time. If you have identical twins, you may find that when they are old, they might look a slight bit different than each other, these would be because they had different genes released thanks to experience. Mutations are often bad in complex species, but this is why evolution takes millions of years. The most common mutation is when the genome copies itself making an extra long strand. This is why majority of DNA isnt used. It is true that scientists think that humans originated from ofrica, but this is because they have found the most fossils of primitive humans there as well as the oldest being there. It was far easier for humans to travel around the world during this period as well, because the continents werent broken up very much at that point. I'm not sure about how all the religions have common aspect, but my guess would be that all religions evolved from a single primitive one. I believe that it is difficult for people to believe that there was not intelligence in the way everything was created, but rather by chance.

I'm not so sure, but Pangea as it was called seperated before humans were of existence. We were about... 10,000 years old? Something around that, while it seperated long before that. Then again, I haven't taken biology in a while... and some how it's still the highest score in my STAR testing... weird.

Quote: Anyway, AP Computer Science won't be relevent to what we're talking about, I took it too in highschool, as well as further computer science courses. AP-Chem should have taught you what I said.

Well, chem is chem... and I still hate chem, and it isn't physics, though there are some physics in it, it doesn't teach a lot about doubting something...

Quote: Anyway, I didn't say Science could prove Jesus existed. I simply said that most credible scientists would not say he did not exist, and most historians would likely say he did at one point in time, based on their own methods and records. And you saying he is a historical figure is close enough to saying he is a figure in history which is almost to say he existed, and I don't say that is is to say such simply because of various philisophical possible interpretations of what it is to be a historical figure, not all of which would neccessarily mean that.

And my dead grandpa is a historical figure... that's what I meant, he may have existed, but it doesn't mean what he did is true or of any divinity and it is just history... Anyways, can we get back on topic?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Sorry, very large difference in time periods. My bad

Quote by DarkRoseofHellI'm not so sure, but Pangea as it was called seperated before humans were of existence. We were about... 10,000 years old? Something around that, while it seperated long before that. Then again, I haven't taken biology in a while... and some how it's still the highest score in my STAR testing... weird.

Quote: Anyway, AP Computer Science won't be relevent to what we're talking about, I took it too in highschool, as well as further computer science courses. AP-Chem should have taught you what I said.

Well, chem is chem... and I still hate chem, and it isn't physics, though there are some physics in it, it doesn't teach a lot about doubting something...

Quote: Anyway, I didn't say Science could prove Jesus existed. I simply said that most credible scientists would not say he did not exist, and most historians would likely say he did at one point in time, based on their own methods and records. And you saying he is a historical figure is close enough to saying he is a figure in history which is almost to say he existed, and I don't say that is is to say such simply because of various philisophical possible interpretations of what it is to be a historical figure, not all of which would neccessarily mean that.

And my dead grandpa is a historical figure... that's what I meant, he may have existed, but it doesn't mean what he did is true or of any divinity and it is just history... Anyways, can we get back on topic?

Chemistry and physics are both sciences, and as my entire point which you are trying to counter is about science in general not physics, they both hold similar levels. Anyway, I went over this kinda thing in AP Enviornmental Science, which is supposed to build upon Chemisty and Biology, and thus would think that AP Chemistry would go over it as well.

As for your problem with talking about Jesus, I was responding to what you had said, and you actually just agreed with me there since I had been saying the whole time that Jesus is a historical figure, just as your grandfather, and in fact said MYSELF that this doesn't mean he is divine or the things he did are true simply because he is a historical figure, as I said, thats beside the point, and was a different matter.

Can we seriously just get back on topic, it's really getting annoying debating with you...

Quote: Anyway, I went over this kinda thing in AP Enviornmental Science, which is supposed to build upon Chemisty and Biology, and thus would think that AP Chemistry would go over it as well.

Biology, and Chemistry together is... Bio-Chemistry, >.>

Anyways, please just get back on topic...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

page 6 of 17 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 Next » 386 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.