Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Paralyze While Sleeping?! - Minitokyo

Paralyze While Sleeping?!

page 1 of 1 19 total items

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Have you ever been unable to move your body while your asleep and yet your awake, apparently it happens to me alot, i would be awake and conscious and couldn't move, i would try to wake up but i can't, i always get this feeling that someone or something is sitting next to me, my sister is in the room and my dog, but thats it, tho i don't think she notice what happens, apparently it happens to alot of my asian friends too, no else, then i start to have hallucinations while i'm paralyzed in my sleep, too, does it happen to you sometimes

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

Kairi-Hearts

Kairi-Hearts

~sitting in the silence~

fortunately, it has never happened to me.
that is creepy though >_>

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Sounds like your body is sleeping before you even get to yourself. lol :D. But no it hasn't happened to me, I would have a heart attack.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

This has happened to both my mother and I. In my case I was unable to even breathe! A very frightning experiance!

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

yea i know, its soo creepy, that happen to me once too, being paralyze in my sleep only happens a few months, they say it only happen to mostly asian people apparently from what my friends told me

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

striket

striket

I_Work_4_Fluke_Now

Not sure how true it is on happening only to Asians but your not alone... I happen to get that sometime. :)

Signature
Gekkostate! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group! | Zero no Tsukaima -Futatsuki no Kishi!

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Yup that's happened to me a few times when I was younger. Scary quite so but it's only the bodies nature defense while sleeping to prevent yourself from hurting well yourself. I remember reading/hearing/seeing somewhere about why you sometimes feel as if someone is sitting/strangling you but I forget the reason exactly.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

It doesn't happen to me a lot, but there was one time when I had anesia for while when I woke up. OX

I think my legs get paralyzed sometimes. :/

Yo. Same here. I get that a lot too last time. Don't worry. It shouldn't be anything much. The sleep paralysis is perhaps a built up from stress or anything about what wiki says. However, I guess there is mroe than meets the eye?

About the presence thing, I felt more than that. I felt as if someone was pressing down on my chest and suffocating me. It was really horrifying. Work of the devil trying to make us all fear him. However, being a Christian, I'm not that afraid knowing that God is protecting me.

Don't worry much and sleep well. May the protection of God be upon you. Do continue posting to let us fellow concern MT members know about your situation. ^^

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

wow~ really ryo-chan? hahax..! maybe your body is just too tired, and wants more rest, and your not sleeping long enough! RIGHT~~~~ XD you should sleep earlier, and rest even if it might be a few hours~ staying up all night is not good ne~ XD

but for me, well i usually have leg cramps and all during the night, cause it's cold and all, so in the middle of the night, it would be hurting like really badly~ so yup~but other than that not really haax..! but i'll still suggest you rest more~ ^-^ though i think it's the holidays now there right? XD

Signature Image

It happens to me sometimes when wake up during the night or before i get up. I know that im awake when it happens though, and its like im bone weary, or something. I usually go back to sleep though, and forget it even happened.

I just read that Wiki article, and i have had dreams where id just be lying in bed, so maybe thats a part of it.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Yep, as Spystreak says, it's a phenomenon called 'sleep paralysis'. Quite a few people find the paralysis is accompanied by visions, some of them freaky. My high school friend whose house is built on an old graveyard used to get visions and sleep paralysis often when her body was weak and fatigued.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Quote by unicorn2006Yep, as Spystreak says, it's a phenomenon called 'sleep paralysis'. Quite a few people find the paralysis is accompanied by visions, some of them freaky. My high school friend whose house is built on an old graveyard used to get visions and sleep paralysis often when her body was weak and fatigued.

I would panic beyond all beilef. :D First mistake: buying a house built on an old graveyard. Bad idea.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

That sounds similar to something I have had, though I was never paralyzed from it. I only had a sudden searing pain wake me up and continue for a few hours and then it stopped.

But the thing that really got me was the fact I heard the sounds of mounted wranglers (the guys who, I suppose you could call cowboys) outside of my tent. But knew there couldn't have been any, on account that the trail that I was on never allowed that sort of thing and there were no signs of anything the next morning.

That happens to me when I have a nightmare. It often takes a long time of laying there completely frozen before I can talk, or move any part of my body, even my head. I absolutly hate it. I've had that happen ever since I was very young, and I'm an adult now, but it still happens a few times a month,.

AppleInsight

AppleInsight

-A Little Apple in Sight-

Hm..I don't seem to recall something like this that has happened to me before.

Ull

Ull

Memento Mori

I recall having a paralysis like that when I was still very small, I think it's when I was having a nightmare..

"Time will deliver us all to the same end..."

I had that kind of experience a few times, but the feelings was that something (MAYBE) was ON me, NOT besides me, which prevents me from any movements. I think that feeling is similar to when you're drugged.
I noticed that kind of stuff happens the most at around noon, and there was wind (natural wind or from a fan).

I envy you guys.
I had it couple of times, and I want more, but somehow It`s hard to control it.
I know it`s a creepy experience, but when you learn, what it is and how to control it, you see it`s not so bad.
Once I manage to control it and then it was nice

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.