Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 When should I adjust the resolution? - Minitokyo

When should I adjust the resolution?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Since the normal number of resolution in scanning a picture is 200. I just wanna ask in what situation should I adjust the resolution in scanning a pic? I'm asking this because I'm still an amateur in scanning pics. Tasukete kudasai. T_T

*Bot chii has been deleting some of my scanned pics because there are better scans of the same picture being submitted here in MT. I thought that maybe my scanning skills are lacking something since this is the frist time for me to do this.^^;*

Signature
Sarang heyo....

From what I understand of scanning, the higher the DPI, the better. I'm not an authority, but when I put together the cover for my first novel, the guidelines I went by was 300 DPI resolution. Also, I make a point to save every graphic as a PNG. PNG is a vector format and you won't get the distortions that JPG format has.

don't put the dpi too high when it will make the picture all too big, i know this from experience when scanning pictures in to the computer, it put the DPI way to high and a jpg -picture went from a few kb to about ten mb

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Wow, new comers are telling me this. I should be embarrased. ^_^'
Thanks. XD

Signature
Sarang heyo....

u shouldn't be.

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Thanks paolo. :D

Signature
Sarang heyo....

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

Quote by DakkothFrom what I understand of scanning, the higher the DPI, the better. I'm
not an authority, but when I put together the cover for my first novel,
the guidelines I went by was 300 DPI resolution. Also, I make a point
to save every graphic as a PNG. PNG is a vector format and you won't
get the distortions that JPG format has.

Dude, PNG is a raster not vector format. Vector formats define images in a sequence of commands necessary to draw them, and raster formats define them as series of pixel values. The distinction you're thinking of is lossy vs lossless, meaning whether converting to the format loses any information or not.

Here at minitokyo, people appreciate scans as big as you can get them. But watch out for graininess! Even when I scan at my scanner's densest setting, 150 DPI, I see grains. I applied Gaussian blur (with a 2x2 setting) to my last submission, which cleared up the graininess just fine. Basically anything you can do to the scan to make it more useful to the next artist is good, short of creative alterations.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Hmmmm, I think I understand what you're trying to say. o_0

^_^'

Signature
Sarang heyo....

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

I'm usually scanning at 600 DPI.
After that, I reduce the resolution in Photoshop, do some cleaning work and try to find a compromise between the 2 MB maximum here at MT and quality/resolution.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Yehey, I'm getting better in scanning pics. Thanks for the replies. XD My only problem now is 2 mb limit. ^_^'

Signature
Sarang heyo....

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.