Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Messages from God for bEtteR liFe-Christians - Minitokyo

Messages from God for bEtteR liFe-Christians

believe God?

yeah
9 votes
nope
13 votes
hmm...
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

hii all ^^
juzt wonder if all of us can write at least one important verses or quotes from the Bibble here, it's like advises so that people who isn't a believer can become a believer..
it will help us to know more bout God n His plans. n make a better life, too

NEED HELPS FROM U, THE CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS

>.<

''But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.''
Mathew 6:33

''Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.'' Mathew 6:34

Signature

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--a man's enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
-Matthew 10:34-39 (NIV)

micey02

micey02

Sweet as Candy

"the lord is my sheperd i shall not want he makes me lie down in green pastures he leads me beside the still waters.
psalm 23:1-2

Smile Even If It Hurts!

Now that was kind of mean alex... hehe.
I post a thread that says "what's the point in converting" now I see this... wow this weird... I'm just here to make it off topic like some other people do. XD Actually, I'm just bored...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by alexjohnc3"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--a man's enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
-Matthew 10:34-39 (NIV)

actually,that verse may sound bad but it isnt.It just means that you should love the person who created and loves,Jesus,more than anything or anyone else.Loving people isnt a problem but when you love something more than God himself than its not a good thing to put God behind anyone.When he says whoever finds his life,im pretty sure that it means that if you find your sinful worldly life,(for a christian anyway,),then he will take it away in some cases and send you home to heaven(in a christian's case since some of us stray from the path of God.)
A verse....how about this
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth;It is expedient for you that I go away;for if I go not away, the Comforter(holy spirit) will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgment.Of sin, because they(us) believe not on me;Of righteousness, because I go to my father, and ye see me no more;
St. John:16:7-10
This is a good verse,i think.Maybe people can think about it now.

I don't get it, why would you love something untangible, something you can't hug, hold, kiss, etc. then your family or friends? Would you want to sacrifice literally your whole life to something that is skeptical and have no love or in fact any emotions?
Also, it'd be nice if you just posted a quote without the editing to it... else it's not a quote... that and it already doesn't make sense...

I'm sleepy now... sort of...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

why u said it doesnt make sense?
this is an example, when Jesus went down to the earth, all of the people at that time saw Him. well, it seems like it's impossible bcoz, how can they saw Him at the same time? this world is so big, rite? but now there's TV so we can see people that so far from our place.
so the truth is, there isnt 'impossible' in this world.
let the time speak

merged: 07-31-2007 ~ 12:02am
''For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.'' Mathew 16: 27

Signature

There isn't impossible in this world? If I literally sever your head from your body, would you still be alive?

Rewarded... how? That's like an incentive to do something... in a weird way...

Jesus goes away or "dies" to reprove the world of sin and righteousness and of judgement, what is right, what is sin, and if jesus goes to his father and you won't see him anymore, does that mean that no one will go to heaven except jesus and whatever?
The sin and right part is just the nice line of subjectivity...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Being a "fervent" Christian I'd like to add my input as well. How are these verses to help those of you that are still on the fence concerning our Lord.

Exodus 31:14-15

"31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Sunday...it's an important day. Anyone who says otherwise and does work on that day must be put to the sword!

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die."

Same thing with everyone who doesn't agree with our Lord's HOLY word! Put them to the sword! If they are your own flesh and blood it is your responsibility to do what is right and cut the head off that Buddha-loving God-hating heathen. Who cares if they aren't forcing you to believe what they believe. If they so much as mention Shiva, Allah, or anything else bust out the stones!

For there is but one God, our God, the God. The Alpha and Omega. The Almighty. The Big Cheese. The Godfather. The Don. The Magic Sky Genie. Whatever you want to name Him you just better believe in the Christian God.

Note: If you didn't notice, I'm joking.

I'm sensing a fun issue of a new type era in wars. THE QUOTE WAR... geez... this'll be weird...
Because the bible has a lot of hypocritic stuff, there's going to be a lot of contradictions... isn't that fun...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DarkRoseofHellThere isn't impossible in this world? If I literally sever your head from your body, would you still be alive?

Rewarded... how? That's like an incentive to do something... in a weird way...

Jesus goes away or "dies" to reprove the world of sin and righteousness and of judgement, what is right, what is sin, and if jesus goes to his father and you won't see him anymore, does that mean that no one will go to heaven except jesus and whatever?

no, it doesnt mean that nobody will go to heaven besides Him.He makes it possible for anyone to go to heaven;he's not going to stay on earth for a few thousand years to preach.The power of faith is a very important factor in Christianity and even other religions.

merged: 07-31-2007 ~ 10:37pm

Quote by PleaseRecycleBeing a "fervent" Christian I'd like to add my input as well. How are these verses to help those of you that are still on the fence concerning our Lord.

Exodus 31:14-15

"31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Sunday...it's an important day. Anyone who says otherwise and does work on that day must be put to the sword!

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die."

Same thing with everyone who doesn't agree with our Lord's HOLY word! Put them to the sword! If they are your own flesh and blood it is your responsibility to do what is right and cut the head off that Buddha-loving God-hating heathen. Who cares if they aren't forcing you to believe what they believe. If they so much as mention Shiva, Allah, or anything else bust out the stones!

For there is but one God, our God, the God. The Alpha and Omega. The Almighty. The Big Cheese. The Godfather. The Don. The Magic Sky Genie. Whatever you want to name Him you just better believe in the Christian God.

Note: If you didn't notice, I'm joking.

How can you describe yourself as a fervent christian if you are going to mock His words?When he describes the Sabbath day,first im pretty sure he's talking to the people of that day.Second,he's emphasizing that Sunday's are very important to getting and preserving one's faith.Again,the old testament is a very strict side of the religion which people tend to pick on instead of the new testament.Most things are strict because first they are exaggerated to the point of craziness, and also the people are the first to hear of a God like this.If God truly wants strong willed believers,then he must put consequences in order to make the people of the early times spread the truth and ect.

merged: 07-31-2007 ~ 10:40pm

Quote by DarkRoseofHellI'm sensing a fun issue of a new type era in wars. THE QUOTE WAR... geez... this'll be weird...
Because the bible has a lot of hypocritic stuff, there's going to be a lot of contradictions... isn't that fun...

the hypocritical things in the bible can usually be proven not hypocritical.The things unanswered,are God's thoughts and if any of you read the bible you would understand that God's thoughts and ideas are beyond our ideas and thoughts.We will never truly understand Him until the day comes...

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote by DarkRoseofHellThere isn't impossible in this world? If I literally sever your head from your body, would you still be alive?...

yes it can be, dark. now those scientist, proffesors-or wutever u call it- can make dead people become alive again, walk, n etc-it used to fight in wars- although it's just their bodies. maybe somedays u can live without ur heart? wahaha..

Quote by DarkRoseofHellJesus goes away or "dies" to reprove the world of sin and righteousness and of judgement, what is right, what is sin, and if jesus goes to his father and you won't see him anymore, does that mean that no one will go to heaven except jesus and whatever?

if u wanna know bout wut's right n wut's not, read the bible-mostly if u're Christian. nobody's perfect in this world, those believers can fall into sins too, but if they feel guilty n try not to do bad things again, Jesus will forgive u, u know? we cant see Him it doesnt mean that no one will go to Heaven, but hey, Jesus will goes to this world, someday after the end of the world. it's written on the bible.

He'll reward, by send u to the hell or sumthing, bcoz the most important things in our lifes r the lifes after the death, it means, heaven/hell.

Signature

Aside from your weird grammer, a reward when you're dead really doesn't sound right. Not only does it make it seem like we're wasting time in our life, it also makes it so that the skeptical can really ruin your life.
"It's just their bodies" and that's not exactly dead people come alive again... and where the hell did you get your information...
If there's no impossible, that means everything is possible in any situation, such as me severing your head and you still being among the living...

Quote: the hypocritical things in the bible can usually be proven not hypocritical.The things unanswered,are God's thoughts and if any of you read the bible you would understand that God's thoughts and ideas are beyond our ideas and thoughts.We will never truly understand Him until the day comes...

Thou shalt not kill and apparently look at recycle's quote...
The old testament and the new one... they're still both part of what you call "words of god" and bible. xP
We will never understand... yay? So what's the point in praying to someone who we won't understand...?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Quote by kingray100How can you describe yourself as a fervent christian if you are going to mock His words?

I apologize if it wasn't clear, but I was trying to be satirical. I am not a fervent Christian. After all, "The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments." - Nietzsche

Quote: When he describes the Sabbath day,first im pretty sure he's talking to the people of that day.Second,he's emphasizing that Sunday's are very important to getting and preserving one's faith.Again,the old testament is a very strict side of the religion which people tend to pick on instead of the new testament.Most things are strict because first they are exaggerated to the point of craziness, and also the people are the first to hear of a God like this.If God truly wants strong willed believers,then he must put consequences in order to make the people of the early times spread the truth and ect.

You'd think that since Godâ's word is...you know...perfect then no matter what day and age it should be the same. If God meant for it to be read differently for the present times then don't you think he would have said so? "Hey guys of 2007 don't do any of this cause it only applies to these people. - Love God" You'd think that God being perfect and all should have realized having something ambiguous in the bible would throw the world in turmoil and grief (like it already has been) over whose interpretations of His word is right.

Yeah he's definitely emphasizing that Sunday is important so much so that you have to die if you work on that day. Tough luck for you doctors and firemen just because you are on emergency call doesn't exempt you from God's wrath.

It's been said already but the Old and New Testament are part of the same bible. It's the same God. I find it funny how often sometimes people say that you should read the New Testament instead of all that cruel stuff in the Old Testament. Then later on, they say you should believe in genesis and the 10 Commandments which are all in the Old Testament. They say Jesus died for your sins and Noah built an ark when all of that is in the Old Testament. What's up with that? It seems like selective choosing and picking which part of the bible you believe in when it's suppose to be all the same truth since itâ?s from God.

Quote: The things unanswered,are God's thoughts and if any of you read the bible you would understand that God's thoughts and ideas are beyond our ideas and thoughts. We will never truly understand Him until the day comes...

So let me get this straight. I don't want to look ridiculous saying this but what you're saying basically is, "If you don't understand something then you should definitely believe that it's right." We don't understand God's thoughts and ideas (i.e. the bible) therefore we should definitely believe in God and follow his rules until Judgment Day? That's the gist of it isn't it? It's ok that I don't understand what God wants because his thoughts and ideas are ineffable and can't be understood as you've said. So long as I believe that whatever he's saying is right then all will be well...Somehow I'm left with this feeling of dissatisfaction...

Quote by priincessyes it can be, dark. now those scientist, proffesors-or wutever u call it- can make dead people become alive again, walk, n etc-it used to fight in wars- although it's just their bodies. maybe somedays u can live without ur heart? wahaha..

1: Dead people do not come back to life. There is no government conspiracy or anything hiding this fact. And zombies are definitely not used in wars. Why do you think there are US casualties for the Iraq war? Do I even dare ask where you got this information?

2: Don't people already use artificial hearts? I know that the average is 1-5 years for arterial hearts to work. But that's beside the point. If I were to remove your brain and all your internal organs and not replace them with any manmade devices you'd die. God will not intervene and grow you new ones. Sure we have TV now but Jesus sure as heck didn't so how do you suppose he appeared everywhere? Magic? Things that were once impossible are now possible because of science and new technology not divine intervention. And also simply because something is "not impossible" doesn't mean it's probable. I can just as easily say that there is an undetectable flying spaghetti monster in my room right now. No one can possibly disprove it since it is undetectable so it's "not impossible" that there the FSM is here. Yet it's clearly improbably that there is such a creature. Since it's "not impossible" for things like leprechauns, fairies, and Santa Claus to exist would you say that they do?

That's all I got for now.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by PleaseRecycle

Quote by kingray100How can you describe yourself as a fervent christian if you are going to mock His words?

I apologize if it wasn't clear, but I was trying to be satirical. I am not a fervent Christian. After all, "The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments." - Nietzsche

Quote: When he describes the Sabbath day,first im pretty sure he's talking to the people of that day.Second,he's emphasizing that Sunday's are very important to getting and preserving one's faith.Again,the old testament is a very strict side of the religion which people tend to pick on instead of the new testament.Most things are strict because first they are exaggerated to the point of craziness, and also the people are the first to hear of a God like this.If God truly wants strong willed believers,then he must put consequences in order to make the people of the early times spread the truth and ect.

You'd think that since God

You sound umm... totally weird... god can't be omniscient because of all the problems it creates, that is of another thread, don't get into that. If you do, I'll slap you. XD

There's a nice question that is "What is god's will and what is a sin"... If anything that's not aligned with "god's will" then it's a sin. At least that's what "it" (book) says. So... for all we know, you may be sinning right now, and you won't go to heaven... If everything about god is practically beyong our imagination, then why'd he bother putting an imagination in us which is supposed to be part of our mind that let us dream on about stuff and etc. If something is beyond our imagination, it's like suddenly we're imagining things about god, then we get like this block and it's like a text goes through your mind "Thou shalt not imagine me" or something... (yes this sounds highly exaggerated but you get the point)

Anyways... if god's will is beyond our imagination, what's the point in a book (aka bible). Because seriously, if god's will is beyond our imagination, wouldn't that just make you curious, and since imaginations are a tad like dreams, and you can do anything in a dream, wouldn't that just slap away "god's will"...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote by DarkRoseofHell.."It's just their bodies" and that's not exactly dead people come alive again... and where the hell did you get your information......?

from a seminar, the speaker has a friend who works in government or sumthing like that..i dont know. but the invention isnt perfect yet, they still have to fix it. wars? i didnt say about US n Iraq. it's fo' millitary practices, i guess. forgot X(

Quote by DarkRoseofHell.."If there's no impossible, that means everything is possible in any situation, such as me severing your head and you still being among the living...

it can be too, but i dont hav any proofs to prove it.

Matthew 17: 20-21= ''So Jesus said to them, ''Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there.' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.'' '' However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.''

Quote: the hypocritical things in the bible can usually be proven not hypocritical.The things unanswered,are God's thoughts and if any of you read the bible you would understand that God's thoughts and ideas are beyond our ideas and thoughts.We will never truly understand Him until the day comes...

The old testament and the new one... they're still both part of what you call "words of god" and bible. xP
We will never understand... yay? So what's the point in praying to someone who we won't understand...?

Proverbs 3:5= '' Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;''

Matthew 10:33= ''But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.''

Proverbs 13:13= ''He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.''
Proverbs 12:15= ''The way of a fool seems right to him,
but a wise man listens to advice.''

Signature

I'm afraid I dont believe what you are saying is true. People havent been able to create robots that can stand up right properly yet and the military has already built a machine that can take advandage of the human body? If the body is dead as well, what is the energy source for the body to move? When you die, the brain will have released an acid, so the brain will eventualy deteriorate and the rest of the cells in the body will die out without a source of oxygen.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DarkRoseofHellYou sound umm... totally weird... god can't be omniscient because of all the problems it creates, that is of another thread, don't get into that. If you do, I'll slap you. XD

There's a nice question that is "What is god's will and what is a sin"... If anything that's not aligned with "god's will" then it's a sin. At least that's what "it" (book) says. So... for all we know, you may be sinning right now, and you won't go to heaven... If everything about god is practically beyong our imagination, then why'd he bother putting an imagination in us which is supposed to be part of our mind that let us dream on about stuff and etc. If something is beyond our imagination, it's like suddenly we're imagining things about god, then we get like this block and it's like a text goes through your mind "Thou shalt not imagine me" or something... (yes this sounds highly exaggerated but you get the point)

Anyways... if god's will is beyond our imagination, what's the point in a book (aka bible). Because seriously, if god's will is beyond our imagination, wouldn't that just make you curious, and since imaginations are a tad like dreams, and you can do anything in a dream, wouldn't that just slap away "god's will"...

First,the entire religious foundation of Christianity knows that God is omniscient.Second,how about you stop threatening me with your sarcastic slapping jokes because i dont find it funny.And when you sin,you dont go to hell.Christians sin, and are expected to sin, because nobody is perfect and even after realizing who our Lord is,doesnt get rid of the fact that we are only human.We can imagine many things,but but probably nothing of God's entire plan.

merged: 08-02-2007 ~ 04:27am

Quote by priincess

Quote by DarkRoseofHell.."It's just their bodies" and that's not exactly dead people come alive again... and where the hell did you get your information......?

from a seminar, the speaker has a friend who works in government or sumthing like that..i dont know. but the invention isnt perfect yet, they still have to fix it. wars? i didnt say about US n Iraq. it's fo' millitary practices, i guess. forgot X(

Quote by DarkRoseofHell.."If there's no impossible, that means everything is possible in any situation, such as me severing your head and you still being among the living...

it can be too, but i dont hav any proofs to prove it.

Matthew 17: 20-21= ''So Jesus said to them, ''Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there.' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.'' '' However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.''

Proverbs 3:5= '' Trust in the LORD with all your heart

Matthew 10:33= ''But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.''

I must say,Princess,you sure know your verses!Good for you!You ought to be happy that you know such verses, especially the ones you have used.

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

Guys! People! These Verses are from the Bible, which is a Book, so if you do not look at the whole context of it, there is obviously going to be some things you are going to misunderstand.

One of my favourite verses:

John 1:1-12
1.In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2.The same was in the beginning with God. 3.All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4.In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5.And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 6.There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7.The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8.He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9.That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10.He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

merged: 08-02-2007 ~ 03:31pm
Before i start, some of the following information has been sourced from "The Answers Book" by Ken Ham, Jonathan Sarfati and Carl Wieland 1999, Triune Press, Brisbane, as well as the Bible!

The Bible points to the existance of a divine author due to its:

1. Amazing Unity - despite being penned by more than 40 authors from over 19 different walks of life over 1,600 years, the Bible is a consistent revelation from the beginning to the end.

2. The Bible's Amazing Preservation - In spite of political and religios persecution, the Bible remains. The Roman Emperor Diocletian, following a decree in 303ad, thought he had destroyed every bible. Twenty - five years later, Constantine commissioned the production of bibles! In the 19th Century, a French man named Voltaire, said that within a century there would be no bibles left. 50years later, the Geneva Bible Society used its old printin press to produce Bibles. Funnily enough, the Bible today is available in far more languages than any other book. (Please correct me if i am wrong)

3. The Bibles Historic Accuracy - Sir William Ramsay (i studied this guy in Ancient History! :D), is regarded one of the greatest archaeologists ever, did no believe that the New Testament documents were historically reliable. However, his archaeological investigations showed him his sceptacism was bit warranted. Speaking of Luke, the writer of the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts, Ramsay says, "Luke is a historian of the first randk ... he should be placed along with the greatest of historians." (Ramsay, W., 1953. Bearing of Recent Discoveries on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament, Baker Books, Grand Rapids, Michigan, p222
Please also have a look at www.christiananswers.net for other info of the bible and archaeology.

4. The Bible's 'scientific' accuracy (read before you say anything) -
Some examples: That the earth is round (Isaiah 40:22); the earth is suspended in space without support (Job 26:7), the stars are countless (Gen 15:5), Physiology such as the importance of blood as one example (Leviticus 17:11), The first and second laws of thermodynamics (Isaiah 51:6) and many other things. Please have a look at Morris, H.M., 1984. The Biblical Basis of Modern Science, Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, Michigan
When you people are looking at these versus, it is written in so called 'bible speak' if you really don't get it pm me ok?

5. The Bible's Prophetic accuracy - The bible states that the accurate foretelling of events is the province of God ... look at Isaiah 48:3,5 ... The bible contains many specific prophecies.
McDowell (see McDowell, J., 1972. Evidence that Demands a verdict, Vol.1, San Bernadino, CA) documents 61 prophecies related to Jesus alone. Many of these, such as birth, burial, manner of death, betrayal were beyond his control. McDowell also thoroughly documents 12 detailed, specific prophecies regarding Tyre, Sidon, Samaria, Gaza and Ashkelon, Moab and Ammon, Petra, Thebes and Memphis, Nineveh, Babylon, Jersuaslem and Palestine. These prophecies were not written after the event. Feel free to research this ... and tell me if u find anything :D

WWJD

Quote: it can be too, but i dont hav any proofs to prove it.

Aside from the fact that you have no proof, if you say to a mountain, "Move from here to there" will it move? No it won't... A mountain is planted in the ground... more like is part of the ground... so if the mountain moves, the whole tectonic plate moves... If you do that, you make a nice earthquake... and you'll be blamed for probably millions of deaths (exaggerated number)

Quote: Proverbs 3:5= '' Trust in the LORD with all your heart

Yes, trust the lord that brought the flood, trust the lord that kills and is hypocritic enough to say "thou shalt not kill"...
The second quote is just... stupid... given there's absolutely no evidence of heaven...
I can respect a command, doesn't mean I have to do it...
A fool and a wise man... the difference...? A fool is considered stupid, are you calling atheists stupid? A wise man is considered smart... a wise man will question what's going on, a wise man also will listen to advice, but doesn't mean the person will follow it...

Quote: First,the entire religious foundation of Christianity knows that God is omniscient.Second,how about you stop threatening me with your sarcastic slapping jokes because i dont find it funny.And when you sin,you dont go to hell.Christians sin, and are expected to sin, because nobody is perfect and even after realizing who our Lord is,doesnt get rid of the fact that we are only human.We can imagine many things,but but probably nothing of God's entire plan.

The second one goes for anyone... anyone who responds to that, like you, is going to get slapped...
*slaps kingray100* :P
Anyways... aside from the paradoxal omniscient situation... Since our imagination is utterly infinite, that means we can imagine anything, therefore, we can imagine what "god's entire plan" is...

Quote: 1. Amazing Unity - despite being penned by more than 40 authors from over 19 different walks of life over 1,600 years, the Bible is a consistent revelation from the beginning to the end.

Ah yes, the 40 authors... and the consistency... it's not consistent... "thou shalt not kill" for example... the hypocritic parts... 40 authors, they all have different thoughts, how can they be the same?

Quote: 2. The Bible's Amazing Preservation - In spite of political and religios persecution, the Bible remains. The Roman Emperor Diocletian, following a decree in 303ad, thought he had destroyed every bible. Twenty - five years later, Constantine commissioned the production of bibles! In the 19th Century, a French man named Voltaire, said that within a century there would be no bibles left. 50years later, the Geneva Bible Society used its old printin press to produce Bibles. Funnily enough, the Bible today is available in far more languages than any other book. (Please correct me if i am wrong)

And before that? Given that the copying of bibles were by hand, no one can copy them exactly the same...

Quote: 3. The Bibles Historic Accuracy - Sir William Ramsay (i studied this guy in Ancient History! :D), is regarded one of the greatest archaeologists ever, did no believe that the New Testament documents were historically reliable. However, his archaeological investigations showed him his sceptacism was bit warranted. Speaking of Luke, the writer of the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts, Ramsay says, "Luke is a historian of the first randk ... he should be placed along with the greatest of historians." (Ramsay, W., 1953. Bearing of Recent Discoveries on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament, Baker Books, Grand Rapids, Michigan, p222
Please also have a look at www.christiananswers.net for other info of the bible and archaeology. [/quote[
It'd be nice to give examples and since I'm not going to buy a book for many reasons, this won't show anything. And since history is already screwed up and since we don't even know if the things are true or not, given that we don't even know exactly how hitler suicide is one, possibility of him drinking cyanide and then shooting himself is still a theory...

Quote: 4. The Bible's 'scientific' accuracy (read before you say anything) -
Some examples: That the earth is round (Isaiah 40:22); the earth is suspended in space without support (Job 26:7), the stars are countless (Gen 15:5), Physiology such as the importance of blood as one example (Leviticus 17:11), The first and second laws of thermodynamics (Isaiah 51:6) and many other things. Please have a look at Morris, H.M., 1984. The Biblical Basis of Modern Science, Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, Michigan
When you people are looking at these versus, it is written in so called 'bible speak' if you really don't get it pm me ok?

Yes, the earth is suspended in space, it's so suspended in space, that we're not moving, else we'd fly away and die... 1. Gravity holds earth in place and it "orbits" 2. Why do many people believe that the earth was flat if given the bible said it was round (this was long ago)... 3. Thermodynamics aren't related to biological beings...

The last one, since I'm not "well versed" with the bible, and I suck at history, I'll leave alone. I'll have someone else do it.

WHY IS THIS SO LONG...

merged: 08-02-2007 ~ 05:14pm
Oh yeah, for the last one, I'm still waiting for the apocalypse... XD

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

roseofhell ... you are the most funniest guy! :D Ok, first of all, The bible doesnt say those things literally, they are translated for us so its easy to understand. (Im talking about suspended in space topic...)

And what do mean by 'before the bible was made?' ... There is no bible before the bible 0.o And thats the thing... The authors thoughts were not exactly the same... if you ever get to read the whole bible, everything relates to each other, which is why it is amazing, because different people wrote them over the years, especially since some people were already dead when others were writing other parts of the bible... And the bible isn't just a story book, some books fo the bible are in fact letters to different churches in europe or letters to people

Well let me tell you what the bible says about the 'apocalypse' (not really, its called the rapture) it says that those people that believe Christ died on the Cross will be taken up to heaven in a *twinkling of an eye*, so basically, we disapear if you would like to take it that way ... if that day happens in your lifetime... i hope you think back of this XD

merged: 08-02-2007 ~ 06:15pm
I also think people are thinking only about the 'God is a loving God' and forgetting that he too is a 'Just God'. Just like your parents punish you, God punishes people for their wrong doing, otherwise how do we learn? Now you say, mishmash! The punishment is death... especially the flood death... isn't that too harsh? Well, if you have read the whole context of the flood... Before the flood happened the whole world was evil ... Read Genesis 6

Starting from 5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. ..... 11The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

As can see, before the flood happened, the world was filled with wickedness ... it does not say what the wickedness was, but it says 'every imagination' which means all types... such as murder, stealing, fornication, cheating, wars etc. If you figure it out, the whole world would eventually would destroy itself due to its wickedness. And becuase God loved us and those people, and has compassion, those wicked people would not care that what they are donig is wrong, God decided to send the flood to mercifully destroy mankind, rather than see them suffer through their own actions ...

Some people might say, "Why not just change everyone's thoughts so they become good again?" LoL... thats why there is a free will... In actual fact, he gave those people time to change! Before the flood happened, there was one man named Noah, he told the people to repent and realize what they are doing before it was too late ... he warned them for nearly 100 years (i'll check up on that) but no one wanted to change from their wicked ways.

Anyway, why ask about the flood if you don't even believe God exists? LOL Does the fact that im explaining it to you change your mind that there is a God? Or do u just want to argue with me XD

WWJD

smileagain

Keep smiling! :D

It is very unfortunate that people continue to ridicule the bible, it is basically laughing and taunting God at His almighty and holy presence. May not make light of such deep matters, as when the day comes for the Lord Jesus Christ to come and take His saints away things will not be as it were...

XD

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

Quote: it can be too, but i dont hav any proofs to prove it.

Aside from the fact that you have no proof, if you say to a mountain, "Move from here to there" will it move? No it won't... A mountain is planted in the ground... more like is part of the ground... so if the mountain moves, the whole tectonic plate moves... If you do that, you make a nice earthquake... and you'll be blamed for probably millions of deaths (exaggerated number)

Quote: Proverbs 3:5= '' Trust in the LORD with all your heart

Yes, trust the lord that brought the flood, trust the lord that kills and is hypocritic enough to say "thou shalt not kill"...
The second quote is just... stupid... given there's absolutely no evidence of heaven...
I can respect a command, doesn't mean I have to do it...
A fool and a wise man... the difference...? A fool is considered stupid, are you calling atheists stupid? A wise man is considered smart... a wise man will question what's going on, a wise man also will listen to advice, but doesn't mean the person will follow it...

Quote: First,the entire religious foundation of Christianity knows that God is omniscient.Second,how about you stop threatening me with your sarcastic slapping jokes because i dont find it funny.And when you sin,you dont go to hell.Christians sin, and are expected to sin, because nobody is perfect and even after realizing who our Lord is,doesnt get rid of the fact that we are only human.We can imagine many things,but but probably nothing of God's entire plan.

The second one goes for anyone... anyone who responds to that, like you, is going to get slapped...
*slaps kingray100* :P
Anyways... aside from the paradoxal omniscient situation... Since our imagination is utterly infinite, that means we can imagine anything, therefore, we can imagine what "god's entire plan" is...

Quote: 1. Amazing Unity - despite being penned by more than 40 authors from over 19 different walks of life over 1,600 years, the Bible is a consistent revelation from the beginning to the end.

Ah yes, the 40 authors... and the consistency... it's not consistent... "thou shalt not kill" for example... the hypocritic parts... 40 authors, they all have different thoughts, how can they be the same?

Quote: 2. The Bible's Amazing Preservation - In spite of political and religios persecution, the Bible remains. The Roman Emperor Diocletian, following a decree in 303ad, thought he had destroyed every bible. Twenty - five years later, Constantine commissioned the production of bibles! In the 19th Century, a French man named Voltaire, said that within a century there would be no bibles left. 50years later, the Geneva Bible Society used its old printin press to produce Bibles. Funnily enough, the Bible today is available in far more languages than any other book. (Please correct me if i am wrong)

And before that? Given that the copying of bibles were by hand, no one can copy them exactly the same...

Quote: 3. The Bibles Historic Accuracy - Sir William Ramsay (i studied this guy in Ancient History! :D), is regarded one of the greatest archaeologists ever, did no believe that the New Testament documents were historically reliable. However, his archaeological investigations showed him his sceptacism was bit warranted. Speaking of Luke, the writer of the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts, Ramsay says, "Luke is a historian of the first randk ... he should be placed along with the greatest of historians." (Ramsay, W., 1953. Bearing of Recent Discoveries on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament, Baker Books, Grand Rapids, Michigan, p222
Please also have a look at www.christiananswers.net for other info of the bible and archaeology. [/quote[
It'd be nice to give examples and since I'm not going to buy a book for many reasons, this won't show anything. And since history is already screwed up and since we don't even know if the things are true or not, given that we don't even know exactly how hitler suicide is one, possibility of him drinking cyanide and then shooting himself is still a theory...

Quote: 4. The Bible's 'scientific' accuracy (read before you say anything) -

Yes, the earth is suspended in space, it's so suspended in space, that we're not moving, else we'd fly away and die... 1. Gravity holds earth in place and it "orbits" 2. Why do many people believe that the earth was flat if given the bible said it was round (this was long ago)... 3. Thermodynamics aren't related to biological beings...

The last one, since I'm not "well versed" with the bible, and I suck at history, I'll leave alone. I'll have someone else do it.

WHY IS THIS SO LONG...

merged: 08-02-2007 ~ 05:14pm
Oh yeah, for the last one, I'm still waiting for the apocalypse... XD

The lord who brought the flood probably had a reason.Imagine if God flooded your house right now.Im sure you would wonder why he did such a thing...or maybe its punishment for something you did...think about it.And i've done some more researching and I recommend the book "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. He was an atheist who questioned everything about religion and he was an educated prosecutor who was used to investigating many crimes and ect.He asks questions that most atheists would ask and he gets answers from smart scholars who are literally the smartest people on this planet when it comes to Christian Evidence.So remember to go get the book if your interested ;).It answers how reliable is the new and old testament and ect.Oh and about the thing where people thought the planet was flat,they were scientists who didnt believe in the bible. ;)

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.