Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Messages from God for bEtteR liFe-Christians - Minitokyo

Messages from God for bEtteR liFe-Christians

believe God?

yeah
9 votes
nope
13 votes
hmm...
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

I'm going to place this down straight forward... What the hell are you thinking?

Quote: Did the flood HAVE TO come from God?

Umm... yes? Apparently as it says from your so called book of truths... now you're just denying what you say.

Free will is designed as you can choose whatever you want with no interference by anything (note that word) and since if god made time, that time is already set up. Since god is omnipotent/omniscient, he can not be wrong, therefore your choices are already been interfered with.
There's a difference between a run down city and an actual ghetto... Yes it would be god's fault since god created everything...
If we have free will, let's say it as this then, there is no such thing as a "timed future" so to speak. Since if we have free will, we won't know what's next, we will never know what's going to happen next and no one will (yes that includes god since god did create people with "free will" so to speak)...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by DarkRoseofHellI'm going to place this down straight forward... What the hell are you thinking?

Umm... yes? Apparently as it says from your so called book of truths... now you're just denying what you say.

Free will is designed as you can choose whatever you want with no interference by anything (note that word) and since if god made time, that time is already set up. Since god is omnipotent/omniscient, he can not be wrong, therefore your choices are already been interfered with.
There's a difference between a run down city and an actual ghetto... Yes it would be god's fault since god created everything...
If we have free will, let's say it as this then, there is no such thing as a "timed future" so to speak. Since if we have free will, we won't know what's next, we will never know what's going to happen next and no one will (yes that includes god since god did create people with "free will" so to speak)...

First before you lash out in an immature manor,read my entire post.You mention God so much but you seem to forget that there is someone else who's just as important in the situation,the devil.im not going against what im saying,so stop spreading nonsense.God set up time,but he had absolutely no affect on anything,and didnt play around in the future to get his way.Our choices arent interfered with,they're only known.Isnt that simple enough?Time is completely still in our control,we can do anything in that time and nothing can stop us.And another thing,we DONT KNOW whats next so what are you trying to prove?God created the universe,not Los Angeles,Dark Rose.This is too much of a simple concept.please grasp it and understand what im saying.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote by kingray100

Quote by DarkRoseofHellI'm going to place this down straight forward... What the hell are you thinking?

First before you lash out in an immature manor,read my entire post.You mention God so much but you seem to forget that there is someone else who's just as important in the situation,the devil.im not going against what im saying,so stop spreading nonsense.God set up time,but he had absolutely no affect on anything,and didnt play around in the future to get his way.Our choices arent interfered with,they're only known.Isnt that simple enough?Time is completely still in our control,we can do anything in that time and nothing can stop us.And another thing,we DONT KNOW whats next so what are you trying to prove?God created the universe,not Los Angeles,Dark Rose.This is too much of a simple concept.please grasp it and understand what im saying.

then who makes floods n LA? God rite? it starts confusing? >.<

''For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels'' MArk 8: 38

Signature

Kingray100: God isnt tormenting anyone,get that through your head.All he did is make the universe and gave his creations free will.When you see everyone doing drugs and killing and ect,why do you blame God?Wow!He sees people killing others!Just because he sees it doesnt mean he caused it.He is just the witness of free willed humans doing their thing.We are not dolls,unless you make yourself one by thinking you are.God doesnt plan death,the people who destroyed our World Trade Center planned death.God cannot intervene from other people's mistakes because we have the control on this world,so if you dont like it,then do something to help the world or yourself.

Are you sure he doesnt plan death? He created everyone in this world with the knowledge of what they are going to do in their life time and what will happen to them from every other person he knows about. He created your will, and he can make someone kill another because he knows what that person was going to do from the start. I'm sure that the u.s. didnt plan death when they sent thoughs nuclear bombs over japan either. Even if people dont believe in him, isnt he supposed to love all men? He has made your will and is the one who has planned out everything in the future, yet people do not blame him for what he has done. Tsunami's, earthquakes. These are his way of making mass killings. For one who sais god knows all, you dont seem to truly believe this.

Quote: First before you lash out in an immature manor,read my entire post.You mention God so much but you seem to forget that there is someone else who's just as important in the situation,the devil.im not going against what im saying,so stop spreading nonsense.God set up time,but he had absolutely no affect on anything,and didnt play around in the future to get his way.Our choices arent interfered with,they're only known.Isnt that simple enough?Time is completely still in our control,we can do anything in that time and nothing can stop us.And another thing,we DONT KNOW whats next so what are you trying to prove?God created the universe,not Los Angeles,Dark Rose.This is too much of a simple concept.please grasp it and understand what im saying.

Oh yes, god made the devil...
Aside from time being a human invention so we can measure it and keep things on a deadline and stuff. If time was to be completely in our control, why can't we mess around with our past? Why can't we do all these things with time?
You really don't understand the idea of omniscient/omnipotent and time...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

God Knows Everything. He would have known that materials he was making could be turned into bombs, he knows everything that you are going to do and knew everything that was going to happen even before he created man. The devil was created by god with god knowledge that he had created such a creature even before he was made. Freedom of will is meaningless if god created you, your personality, and knew exactly what was going to happen. Time is not in our control. We cannot go forward or back in time, though we are able to slow it down. This only happens when you move at extremely high speeds or go near a incredibly strong gravitational force.

smileagain

Keep smiling! :D

Romans 11:33 - 35
33. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgements, and his ways past finding out!
34. For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counselor?
35. Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Somthing for other people to read if they have a bible
Job 38 - 41 (all 4 chapters! Its so amazing what it says!)

1 Corinthians 1:19 - 21
19. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent
20. Where is the wise? wehre is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21. For after than in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 2:13-14
13. Which things also we speak, not in the worlds which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It is a verse I recently read over, it is certainly wonderful how God provides christians the insight into His marvellous word; the bible, and provides spritual feedings for us christians. May others who know not the Lord Jesus Christ, find out how much they are missing out from the wonderful wisdom of God's word!

XD

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

God does know everything. But that does not take away the fact that you have a freewill and a choice! You either had a choice to write on this forum today or not, you have a choice to eat or not etc... if you don't eat today even if your mom just bought you Subway, and starve, are you going to blame God? Just becasue he knows, doesn't mean you don't have a choice!

If people just start saying, "God should be this or that, or do this or that... etc" this just means that people are making up their own 'god' according to their philosophies. If God is GOD, then his philosophies (actually everything) are going to be DIFFERENT! (from ours)

Isaiah 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 2:16 - (a)For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? (b)But we have the mind of Christ.

This passage is written by Apostle Paul to the Christians in the Corinthian church. So (b) is related to John 15:15 of which Jesus says - "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that i have heard of my Father i have made known unto you." Of which Jesus is saying this to his disciples.

If God wanted everyone to worhsip him right now, he could do that, but he DIDN'T, he gave us a choice to worship him or not. He gave us feelings, and one of those important feelings is LOVE...
If you had to tell your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband ... "I want you to hug me now, then kiss me and then tell me you love me..." that would not be real love, Real love is when someone does those things out of love for that person! This is what God wants from us, that is why we have a choice!

WWJD

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

I came here interested in the messages Christianity wished to spread.

All I found out was that Christian God is supposed to be loving and all powerful. Yet it knows the outcome of all its actions and our actions. But for some reason does not really give a hoot that some of the creations it loves will not believe in it and therefore must be damned for eternity...And to this God, love is showing obedience but not love for your flesh and blood parents, preaching tolerance but yet attempting to wipe out all the other religions and...Being a servant to everyone and no one.

This God is the most confusing God I have ever come across. Even Allah is a bit easier to understand.

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

Anyway, in reply about those passages Recyle wants to know about ... Exodus 31:12-17 and Deutoronomy 13:6-10. The first passage talks about the Sabbath and the latter talks about Idolatry.

Starting with Exodus 31:12-17.

Firstly, this passage is for the Children of Israel. So the Israelites which are also known as God's chosen people. Deutoronomy 7:6 - For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Now you are wondering about verse 15 - "... whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death." And the question was : Edit: "Sunday...it's an important day. Anyone who says otherwise and does work on that day must be put to the sword!"

Now you know, God wasn't talking to Gentiles (non-Jewish Christians), but to the Israelites. Also, the Sabbath is not Sunday.

Sunday became the 'holy day' because is was related to Easter. Christ died on 'Good Friday' then rose from the dead three days later... which is 'Easter Sunday' This is basically why Sunday was considered holy and people then interpreted it as the sabbath because the Isaraelites Sabbath was holy. But in reality the Sabbath was only for the Isaraelites and not us.

Exodus was written by Moses, so wayyyy before Christ came. You have to understand that before Christ came as the sacrifice for the whole world and to intercede for our sins, there was no one there to intercede for our wrong doings (sin). The Old Testament guys had to offer burnt (animal) sacrifices to God. God is Holy, he cannot bear sin, that is why he sent Christ as the sacrifice for all of us. Ephesians 5:2 - "... as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God ... "

This is why in the Old Testament God was strict with the Israelites, God is Holy, even if it was an accident, it is still wrong in the sight of God who is Holy. An example of this is manslaughter, it may have been accidental, but it is still killing. Even a little sin, it is still sin! But this is in the Old Testament.

Because Christ died on the cross to save us from our sins: Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for US [emphasis added].

The New Testament is for the Church today (the period after Christ ascendance to heaven). The sabbath was also a controversy in Jesus' time, but Christ was the sacrifice, the 'go between' between man and God, through him in Matthew 12:12 - He says "...Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days." With that, Jesus means it is okay to do good things on the sabbath day...

I hope that answers that verse. i'll get to deutoronomy later! (i have to study for uni as well!)

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

merged: 08-05-2007 ~ 02:59pm

Quote by SulibresI came here interested in the messages Christianity wished to spread.

All I found out was that Christian God is supposed to be loving and all powerful. Yet it knows the outcome of all its actions and our actions. But for some reason does not really give a hoot that some of the creations it loves will not believe in it and therefore must be damned for eternity...And to this God, love is showing obedience but not love for your flesh and blood parents, preaching tolerance but yet attempting to wipe out all the other religions and...Being a servant to everyone and no one.

This God is the most confusing God I have ever come across. Even Allah is a bit easier to understand.

Do you have any verses that show the contradictions you have stated, in the bible? Here are some verses God wants us to apply in our Christian lives ... but we still have a choice to follow it or not.

Ephesians 6:1-3
1.Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2. HONOUR THY FATHER AND MOTHER; which is the FIRST [emphasis added] commandment with promise; 3. THAT IT MAY BE WELL WITH THEE, AND THOU MAYEST LIVE LONG ON THE EARTH.

Galatians 5:22-23
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, [emphasis added] LONGSUFFERING, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

WWJD

smileagain

Quote by DarkRoseofHell Oh yes, god made the devil...

I guess its ok to make this statement if you don't fully understand the bible, but here's a better explanation compared to that quote:

From the bible: (KJV - King James Version)

Isaiah 14:12-15
12. How are thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of hte north:
14. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit

Here the bible says that Lucifer was "fallen from heaven" that means that he once was a being from up high, and angel. But he desired in his heart to become greater than God, and thus he was cast down to hell and his name became also known as Satan or the devil

XD

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

Also, God did not plan to have death in this world when he made it, he may know about it, but it was our choice (or in this case Adam and Eve when they picked the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil).

God has made a way for all of us to escape death!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever beleiveth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Ephesians 2:8- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

All we have to do is have FAITH, to BELEIVE! It's so simple and easy, yet for some it is increadibly hard... yet Jesus says in John 20:29 "...blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have beleived."

WWJD

Whoa there, stop posting like a mad man...

Quote: God does know everything. But that does not take away the fact that you have a freewill and a choice! You either had a choice to write on this forum today or not, you have a choice to eat or not etc... if you don't eat today even if your mom just bought you Subway, and starve, are you going to blame God? Just becasue he knows, doesn't mean you don't have a choice!

If god made "everything" time included and gave us "free will" that results in a few things.
1. If god made something free will, then one part of time is no longer in effect since there can't be a forseeable future.
2. Since god is no longer of control of something, that means god is no longer omnipotent.
3. Since god gave us free will, he no longer is omniscient.
4. If we were to have a choice and have actual free will. If god was looking at you when you're buying... oh lets say... ramen, (since I like ramen. :P) Let's say god knows you're going to pick miso ramen. If you don't pick it, 1. That means you do have free will. 2. That makes god not omniscient. but... since god knows "all" that means you will and practically must pick it. You may seem to have the choice, but it's still interfered with god's making of time and so called knowledge.

Quote: It is a verse I recently read over, it is certainly wonderful how God provides christians the insight into His marvellous word; the bible, and provides spritual feedings for us christians. May others who know not the Lord Jesus Christ, find out how much they are missing out from the wonderful wisdom of God's word!

I really don't think I'm missing a thing...

Quote: If people just start saying, "God should be this or that, or do this or that... etc" this just means that people are making up their own 'god' according to their philosophies. If God is GOD, then his philosophies (actually everything) are going to be DIFFERENT! (from ours)

Isaiah 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Hey, my thoughts are my thoughts, that's true... but it doesn't mean someone else can't have the exact same thought. Our thoughts are infinite, we can think whatever and however we want. We can think up of god's way and stuff... though we can't match it because we're not "omnipotent or omniscient"

Quote: Sunday became the 'holy day' because is was related to Easter. Christ died on 'Good Friday' then rose from the dead three days later... which is 'Easter Sunday' This is basically why Sunday was considered holy and people then interpreted it as the sabbath because the Isaraelites Sabbath was holy. But in reality the Sabbath was only for the Isaraelites and not us.

Exodus was written by Moses, so wayyyy before Christ came. You have to understand that before Christ came as the sacrifice for the whole world and to intercede for our sins, there was no one there to intercede for our wrong doings (sin). The Old Testament guys had to offer burnt (animal) sacrifices to God. God is Holy, he cannot bear sin, that is why he sent Christ as the sacrifice for all of us. Ephesians 5:2 - "... as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God ... "

Does it say that it was to the Isrealites? I mean come on... how would you know?

Also, I have this totally random question, if god had a son, does that mean he's married?

Quote: Isaiah 14:12-15
12. How are thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of hte north:
14. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Here the bible says that Lucifer was "fallen from heaven" that means that he once was a being from up high, and angel. But he desired in his heart to become greater than God, and thus he was cast down to hell and his name became also known as Satan or the devil

Yes, we know that... I think the majority of people here knows that... it still doesn't do anything on how god created the devil...

Quote: God has made a way for all of us to escape death!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever beleiveth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Ephesians 2:8- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

No god didn't, and never will. Cause death is something an organic being will always have. Like it says, "whoever believes in god shall not perish..." so... if I rip off your head (I think I'm getting sadistic...) you would be dead...

That last quote, why would you believe something that you have not seen...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

it's wut humans think about, that's why we cant understand His job.

Signature

Exodus 20:5 + Exodus 20:6
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Nice guy, this God. Really.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by marfish14Kingray100: God isnt tormenting anyone,get that through your head.All he did is make the universe and gave his creations free will.When you see everyone doing drugs and killing and ect,why do you blame God?Wow!He sees people killing others!Just because he sees it doesnt mean he caused it.He is just the witness of free willed humans doing their thing.We are not dolls,unless you make yourself one by thinking you are.God doesnt plan death,the people who destroyed our World Trade Center planned death.God cannot intervene from other people's mistakes because we have the control on this world,so if you dont like it,then do something to help the world or yourself.

Are you sure he doesnt plan death? He created everyone in this world with the knowledge of what they are going to do in their life time and what will happen to them from every other person he knows about. He created your will, and he can make someone kill another because he knows what that person was going to do from the start. I'm sure that the u.s. didnt plan death when they sent thoughs nuclear bombs over japan either. Even if people dont believe in him, isnt he supposed to love all men? He has made your will and is the one who has planned out everything in the future, yet people do not blame him for what he has done. Tsunami's, earthquakes. These are his way of making mass killings. For one who sais god knows all, you dont seem to truly believe this.

yes im sure God doesnt plan death.Death only occurs of other people planning murders and anything else in that category.as for the flood issue,God was very active in the old days as everyone knows,but im pretty sure that he doesnt use his powers to harm anyone.Like i said,dont forget the discourager,the devil.For everyone to go through hurricanes everyday probably would make us doubt God and so the devil's plans are very smart compared to human characteristics.btw,the u.s knew that death would occur with their Atomic bombs,thats one of the reasons they hesitated.

merged: 08-06-2007 ~ 03:35am

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

Quote: First before you lash out in an immature manor,read my entire post.You mention God so much but you seem to forget that there is someone else who's just as important in the situation,the devil.im not going against what im saying,so stop spreading nonsense.God set up time,but he had absolutely no affect on anything,and didnt play around in the future to get his way.Our choices arent interfered with,they're only known.Isnt that simple enough?Time is completely still in our control,we can do anything in that time and nothing can stop us.And another thing,we DONT KNOW whats next so what are you trying to prove?God created the universe,not Los Angeles,Dark Rose.This is too much of a simple concept.please grasp it and understand what im saying.

Oh yes, god made the devil...
Aside from time being a human invention so we can measure it and keep things on a deadline and stuff. If time was to be completely in our control, why can't we mess around with our past? Why can't we do all these things with time?
You really don't understand the idea of omniscient/omnipotent and time...

You ask why we cant mess around with our past?Dark Rose,thats because we arent the omnipotent and omniscient people.Did anyone or anything ever say we could control time?the past is untouchable once it has passed.Time is in our control from the present on,but we cant mess with the past or future(unless the never going to be invention,the time machine,is invented)and for the last time,i am very familiar with omniscience and time,thank you.
By the way,on that babies dying at you ages subject, I found that it is in fact true that these babies actually do go to heaven,since they arent able to decipher whats right and wrong(same thing probably with people who suffer disabilities)so no need to worry.

merged: 08-06-2007 ~ 03:37am

Quote by marfish14God Knows Everything. He would have known that materials he was making could be turned into bombs, he knows everything that you are going to do and knew everything that was going to happen even before he created man. The devil was created by god with god knowledge that he had created such a creature even before he was made. Freedom of will is meaningless if god created you, your personality, and knew exactly what was going to happen. Time is not in our control. We cannot go forward or back in time, though we are able to slow it down. This only happens when you move at extremely high speeds or go near a incredibly strong gravitational force.

yes,but the question is,who made the bombs and for what purpose is it used for today?And for the time issue,your being to literal,when i say we control time,i mean that we control whatever we do in the present,creating the past behind us and creating a future for each other.

merged: 08-06-2007 ~ 03:41am

Quote by SulibresI came here interested in the messages Christianity wished to spread.

lol,thats why hes our God.Nobody is expected to know him inside and out.He is just amazing to muse over and yet its so feasible to for us to stare Him in the eye after death.

merged: 08-06-2007 ~ 03:56am

Quote by DarkRoseofHellWhoa there, stop posting like a mad man...

Quote: God does know everything. But that does not take away the fact that you have a freewill and a choice! You either had a choice to write on this forum today or not, you have a choice to eat or not etc... if you don't eat today even if your mom just bought you Subway, and starve, are you going to blame God? Just becasue he knows, doesn't mean you don't have a choice!

If god made "everything" time included and gave us "free will" that results in a few things.
1. If god made something free will, then one part of time is no longer in effect since there can't be a forseeable future.
2. Since god is no longer of control of something, that means god is no longer omnipotent.
4. If we were to have a choice and have actual free will. If god was looking at you when you're buying... oh lets say... ramen, (since I like ramen. :P) Let's say god knows you're going to pick miso ramen. If you don't pick it, 1. That means you do have free will. 2. That makes god not omniscient. but... since god knows "all" that means you will and practically must pick it. You may seem to have the choice, but it's still interfered with god's making of time and so called knowledge.

Quote: It is a verse I recently read over, it is certainly wonderful how God provides christians the insight into His marvellous word; the bible, and provides spritual feedings for us christians. May others who know not the Lord Jesus Christ, find out how much they are missing out from the wonderful wisdom of God's word!

Quote: If people just start saying, "God should be this or that, or do this or that... etc" this just means that people are making up their own 'god' according to their philosophies. If God is GOD, then his philosophies (actually everything) are going to be DIFFERENT! (from ours)

Hey, my thoughts are my thoughts, that's true... but it doesn't mean someone else can't have the exact same thought. Our thoughts are infinite, we can think whatever and however we want. We can think up of god's way and stuff... though we can't match it because we're not "omnipotent or omniscient"

Quote: Sunday became the 'holy day' because is was related to Easter. Christ died on 'Good Friday' then rose from the dead three days later... which is 'Easter Sunday' This is basically why Sunday was considered holy and people then interpreted it as the sabbath because the Isaraelites Sabbath was holy. But in reality the Sabbath was only for the Isaraelites and not us.

Does it say that it was to the Isrealites? I mean come on... how would you know?

Also, I have this totally random question, if god had a son, does that mean he's married?

Yes, we know that... I think the majority of people here knows that... it still doesn't do anything on how god created the devil...

No god didn't, and never will. Cause death is something an organic being will always have. Like it says, "whoever believes in god shall not perish..." so... if I rip off your head (I think I'm getting sadistic...) you would be dead...

Whoa whoa whoa.Dark Rose you have it all wrong.First,there is a forseeable future to God.Second,just because god made free willed being doesnt mean he lost his powers,its his choice to make us,and yet we are here arguing over things that should be known world wide,such as his even existence.and God knows all your dicisions your going to make and we cannot escape because he is all knowing,meaning whatever we do,he knows!i dont know if you know this but God knows things before we do them and even what we will think of next.Having God's thoughts means for us to be perfect in the mind(impossible).And the bible refers to everyone reading it(the reader must understand though that some things were sad to a certain person or persons)so God doesnt just mean israelites.God isnt married,his son,Jesus is a part of the holy trinity,its like almost saying that Jesus is the body of God.Jesus was perfect,never sinning,and was considered divine instead of even human,but God came down in flesh to start the Christian lives of many.and when saying escaping death,darkrose,he means after this so called earthly death takes place,we have everlasting life instead of going for the second death of hell.So yes,Jesus has sacrificed himself for people like you and me and made a way to heaven.you should be happy from hearing this.About your last quote,nobody has ever seen the Big bang and yet people believe in such a thing.so answer your own question.

merged: 08-06-2007 ~ 04:03am

Quote by EspadaExodus 20:5 + Exodus 20:6
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Nice guy, this God. Really.

He is just stating that he despises it when other people idolize other fake Gods.If you were God(thinking that you are a logical person to this statement),Im sure that you wouldnt want to see the people you created and loved idolizing some random statue.You would want them to at least acknowledge you.Yes,God is nice.He even sent Jesus to die for OUR SINS so that we have a way into heaven,the place that everyone loves to question.Honestly,if there was a person really interested in knowing about the insides of heaven,he would just have to truly believe in Christ the Lord,and when you die,bang!your answers are solved, and on top of that, everlasting life with God and his angels.

You dont seem to understand what I'm saying. god created our free will, he created everything about you. He's the one who created the unstable mind of a murderer. There is no point to free will if he created you and your thoughts, and knew exactly how a person was going to interact with other people and how they would turn out. He made he materials for bombs with the full knowledge that man was going to use them. We do not control what we do, it was planned from the moment god came from his little void that doesnt seem to puzzle religious people.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Just going to say this once before I shut this thread down: Keep to the original purpose of this thread. There are more then enough threads about God to discuss in. This is strictly a thread to post quotes from the Bible that you like and not a place to bicker like little children.

If you want to talk about the Devil or God or anything not related to this thread then go make another thread/discuss it in an already existing thread/or PM each other.
If you continue to argue amongst yourselves like little children I'm just going to delete your posts and give you a warning for spamming. I hope I made myself clear.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

LoL ... hahah ... i was wondering when someone was going to notice this was totally off topic... XD

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isaiah 55:7

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

ATTENTION EVERYONE CHRISTIAN DEFENGING THEIR FAITH!

Heed this passage from the bible, (and all those non christian, this passage does not mean, that your knowleged and questions are foolish and unlearned... only when it comes to questions about God it is)

If you think these questions in the forum are getting no where and you are getting uberly frustrated... just 'plant the seed' and leave it be, otherwise you will get discouraged. Back up all your answers with the word of God for that is our sword.

Ephesians 6:17
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

It will not be our words that will affect people, but God's word.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

If God wanted everyone to worhsip him right now, he could do that, but he DIDN'T, he gave us a choice to worship him or not. He gave us feelings, and one of those important feelings is LOVE...
If you had to tell your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband ... "I want you to hug me now, then kiss me and then tell me you love me..." that would not be real love, Real love is when someone does those things out of love for that person! This is what God wants from us, that is why we have a choice!

That's all im going to say, because everyone in this forum really just wants to argue.

WWJD

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Mark 8:33=
''But when He had turned around and looked at His diciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, "Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

Mark 9:21-23= "So He asked his father,"How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, "From childhood. 22"And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." 23 Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."

Signature

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Hebrews:11:1-3
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,the evidence of things not seen.For by it the elders obtained a good report.through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God,so that things that which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Mark 9:41= " For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, say to you, he will by no means lose his reward."

Signature

smileagain

Quote by DarkRoseofHellWhoa there, stop posting like a mad man...

I'm sorry DarkRoseofHell, but this thread is for Christians that wish to edify one another by sharing bible verses with each other, and sharing the same faith, I don't wish to single you out my yourself, but if all you wish to do is critizise each post, then I don't believe you are contributing to this thread and thus not obeying to the rules of this forum. No offence please, but in other posts Im sure other people don't mind if you argue there, but this is not the right thread for you!

XD

Well I finally had time to post but I guess it's not ok anymore. Well good times anyway.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.