Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion Complaint - Minitokyo

Deletion Complaint

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

liap

liap

Algenniss'd l'Ekttel

Hey there

last week i submitted the wallpaper that you can see here:
[img=http://img153.imagevenue.com/loc693/th_34773_The_Wind_Waker_Wall_14_122_693lo.jpg]
and as you may think, it was deleted.

Now, i would like an explanation, cuz the wall is simple (I agree), but it was not easy to make (For me at least)...
Or just give me a good deletion reason (better than the ones given to me by botchii XD)

Thats all... Thanks for reading this...

(\_/)
(O.o)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(> <)signature, to help him on his way to world domination.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Ah yes. I remember this one, though I wasn't the one who deleted it.

Just my 2 cents as a critic (constructive criticism), I'll go through the technical errors:

There were several factors in this that probably made making this wall hard, yet not hard at the same time.

If you think about it carefully, if light falls through a stained glass panel, the image would not be reproduced onto the ground- instead, you would see blobs of colour, not the image. So although you spent a lot of time getting the perspective, angles and colours all right, it kind of looks like a little bit of rotation and scaling was just done.

Scale:
Although the window is presumably up and church-like, the little elf guy looks incredibly tiny. He's probably the right size, but then the question is, why is he there, and is it suitable to have him at such a small size almost as a "secondary" image?
As in, is it the right image to choose, when there is this holy God-like coloured stained glass, and the elf looks like he's deviously grinning? ^_^' I don't know much about Zelda, but from what I see, this is how I see it. And as far as I know, it wasn't explained in the description~

Logo:
What is the logo doing there exactly? As in, how does it enhance your wallpaper's concept? At the moment the logo isn't playing any part of the wallpaper - all it's doing is telling us that it's zelda- which you can do in a signature or gallery description.

Details:
Simple wallpapers are incredibly hard to make, because there are aspects of composition, quality and details.

Here are a list of details you probably could have dealt with that you didn't:

- the texture of the ground should be seen under the coloured image on the floor.
- The image on the floor should actually be blobs of colour and not an image with lines
- What about the background/ walls? Should we be seeing some other windows further down the room- perhaps there are none- what about the texture of the walls?
- Stained glass window- perhaps we should be able to see the dappledness of the coloured glass, or is it mozaic-like in nature? At the moment, it's still an image that has been put on distort/ perspective.

I'll probably guess that the quality isn't much of an issue (everything is well compressed and controlled), but the details haven't been explored fully to completely pull this off- especially since you're dealing with something simple, clean, and probably minimalistic.

Here's an example from the gallery I've seen using stained glass:

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/184532.jpg
Cry Freedom by highknees

There isn't a whole lot in that piece, so I would consider it to be simple as well. A window, lighting, some hint of texture and some text that really reflects what the wallpaper's about.

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/247329.jpg
Tetsuo by crapmonster

http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/thumbs/281485.jpg
Blue Skies by SharinganKnight

Slightly different compared to your wallpaper and probably different to the effect you want to achieve, but I chose these examples to show that minimalisim starts off pretty much with one thing, at one point. Wherever you put it matters, and everything else you add (or don't add), will spring from that one point.

Hope that helped! :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

liap

liap

Algenniss'd l'Ekttel

thanks a lot for your advices...

i'll start working on some of them, but about the walls one, i actually never wanted to put them in... When i first imagined this wallpaper, there only were Link, the window and the floor...

So... thanks again... see ya XD

(\_/)
(O.o)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(> <)signature, to help him on his way to world domination.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.