What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 171 total items

Cancel

...and as a follow-up question, what is your opinion of what you've read so far? Would you recommend it?

If you've just finished a book, by all means post your opinions on it as well.

• Aug 03, 2007

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Lazy af

Cancel

I'm reading "IT" by Stephen King at the moment. I've read it before, but I felt the need to read it again, as it is my favorite book Stephen King has written.
I would recommend it to horror literature fans, especially the ones who enjoy the exploration of thoughts and emotions as well as some action!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

Just finished reading the latest Harry Potter book (lol). Definitely worth a read if you've been following the series... a little slow at the start, but good action towards the end.

I thought it would take me at least a full day to finish, so I haven't exactly figured out what book I'm going to read next... Though at this point it looks like I'll be re-reading some Agatha Christie mysteries.

Signature Image

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Cancel

I'm actually re-reading Harry Potter 7, since I feel I read it too fast without really taking anything in x_x
But it was really good, lots more action that the other 6 books.

Not sure what to read next though, maybe I should start Lord of the Rings again, lol.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

Cancel

Just started on "Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A book for everyone and no one". It's fairly archaic in some parts and the messages it tries to get across is rather...Well... Complicated.

Maybe that's why Nietzche was locked up in an asylum. Still an interesting read though.

• Aug 04, 2007
Cancel

I allways read more than one book at the same time. Now I'm reading "Rayuela" from Cortazar, "The tunnel" from Sabato, and an old traditional-russian-stories book.

• Aug 04, 2007
Cancel

Guardians of Time Trilogy (REALLY AWSOME SERIES a MUST READ for EVERYONE), Janet Evanovich (EXTREME HILLARITY), Harry Potter (still MOST AWSOME)
I also read Graphic Novels. (Yu Watase, YOU ROCK!)

• Aug 06, 2007

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Cancel

Well right now I'm starting to read (after several failed attempts due to being busy) Black Powder War by Naomi Novik. It's the last book in a trilogy about dragons being used by the British to combat Napolean and his forces. Sounds wierd but it is avery good series for dragon lovers. All you really need to do is to just sit down and really focus on what's going on.

Ofcourse I finished the Harry Potter series like alot of people have. Not sure how I feel exactly about The Deathly Hallows. Guess I'll re-read the whole series at some point.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Cancel

I am reading Shakugan no Shana (Novel) and I hope to start the book The Romans of the Three Kindoms. I hope that turns out to be good.

• Aug 08, 2007
Cancel

Currently revising my nation's history. I'll be da**ed for ignorance.
I also just started reading the Deathly Hallows
Oh BTW, if you've read the Harry Potter books, don't watch the movies

• Aug 10, 2007

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Cancel

Currently revisiting the Harry Potter series from beginning to end (just kicked off Order of the Phoenix)

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

• Aug 10, 2007
Cancel

I am a little late but I am beginning Da Vinci Code

• Aug 10, 2007

kvlitz

kriegsage

Cancel

"The Rose of Sharon Has Blossomed" if you can find it.

To kill or not to kill? That is not the question.

Cancel

ANTHEM by Ayn Rano
hahaha boring book but its a requirement for honor english students. bleh.
but other than that, its a book that makes u think hard.
id recommend it if u have the time to rethink things while reading. hahaha :)

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

DemonDays

DemonDays

Resident BeatMaster

Cancel

Quote by AztiraGuardians of Time Trilogy (REALLY AWSOME SERIES a MUST READ for EVERYONE), Janet Evanovich (EXTREME HILLARITY), Harry Potter (still MOST AWSOME)
I also read Graphic Novels. (Yu Watase, YOU ROCK!)

I read the Guardians of Time trilogy as well. Was very entertaining and imaginative.

Currently reading lots of Haruki Murakami books. I bet quite a few people here are a fan of Japanese Culture so if you are i recommend him!
He writes in an almost Catcher in the Rye style, but set in Japan.

Cancel

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I would highly recomend it. The narative and prose are just amazing.

• Aug 25, 2007
Cancel

I'm reading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows", "The Aeneid", "Atonement", and "The Passion". Harry Potter is for fun, but school is grinding the other three out of me.

• Sep 02, 2007
Cancel

im currently reading the book "Things Change" I tend to forget people's names so easilyyy. >_<

• Sep 04, 2007

aikoh

Sexy tennis boys pwn ninja.

Cancel

Not willingly, but I am reading Beowulf and The Catcher in the Rye for English. I have not really started Catcher in the Rye just yet, so I do not have an opinion, but I actually find myself liking Beowulf; I was a little afraid at first because Shakespeare has scared me away from old English (laugh). But not only is the version we are reading easy to understand, it is also a great story in general, and it has become even more interesting because of the discussions about the themes and motifs we have in class.

I should also be finishing up The Amber Spyglass by Pullman, but there have been too many distractions for me lately.

People have hope because they cannot see death standing behind them.

• Sep 06, 2007
Cancel

At the risk of sounding nerdy, I'm reading "My

Cancel

Shadowland book 2 by Tad Williams. Stunning and IMO underrated writer.

Cancel

I'm currently reading 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,' Book 7. I've loved the series to this point, and am genuinely excited about what I'm reading, but I have to admit that this final volume is much slower, and more methodical than I would probably have preferred. I hear that it really picks up the pace about half-way through, which is about where I am, so I'm glad to hear that. I also recently started the first chapter of George R.R. Martin's 'A Game of Thrones' ('A Song of Ice and Fire,' Book 1). I've heard it's the best fantasy material since Tolkien, and I'm looking for something in the realm of the fantastic after so many textbooks as of late. Looking forward to it!

Beyond that, I seem to have my head perpetually stuck in my 'Nakama' Japanese textbooks...not that I'm complaining. It's worth it.

• Sep 20, 2007
Cancel

Naruto manga 11

Everything in this world.
Exists to wear you down.

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

Cancel

I'm currently reading Book Four (Book of Air) of the Dragon Quartet by Marjorie B. Kellogg. It's a really great book, but I would recommend reading the other three books first since they really give a lot of backstory on what happens. ^_^

The next book on my list is Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqualine Curry, that is, if my boyfriend doesn't finish HP book 7 first, cause then I'll read that next. :D

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 171 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.