Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? - Minitokyo

What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 171 total items

I'm currentlt reading Vampire Hunter D: The Mysterious Journey to the North Sea. Also, I'm reading Confessions of a Shoppahoic.

Just finished reading 'The Quickie' By James Patterson and 'The Afterlife' By Gary Soto. Both books were intriging and inquisitive.

I'm nearly finished a book called "American God's" by Niel Gaimen. He's actually a really good writer. I read another one of his books called Neverwhere, which was also a fantastic book.

I just finished reading Ender's Game.
I started reading the Jason Bourne trilogy.
I want to track down Speaker for the Dead next.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

im reading a book called [The theory of almost everything] by Robert Oerter a non-fiction about scientific facts/protons electrons that kind of stuff.

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Since I'm such a (bored) classicist, let me say I'm currently (re)-reading Moby-Dick. Considered the greatest American novel.

I've also just finished reading, for the umpteenth time, Kafka on the Shore by renowned Japanese author Haruki Murakami. God, it's entertaining but mysterious.

my textbooks. haha. ):

when we were orphans =0... good book.. theres a new one i've been meaning to get but no time.....

I recently finished "The Bellmaker" by Brian Jacques. At first glance you'd think it's a kiddie story because of talking animals calling the shots, but it's not. It's got a lot of stuff in it that you wouldn't want kids to read about, and I highly doubt a kid would understand such a multilayered plot.

So I recommend this and all of Brian Jacques' work to all those who like fantasy and action. And talking woodland creatures. ^_^

Manga: I'm reading My-Hime 2. As for books, I'm reading Ringworld's Children by Larry Niven.

tastexmyxscythe

tastexmyxscythe

...an honor to die by my bankai

I'm reading a few books.

The Blood Countess - a fiction/non-fiction about Erzebet (Elizabeth) Bathory
The Bloody Countess: The Atrocities of Erzbet Bathory - a non-fiction
Trinity Blood manga 1

Matsumoto: You scared me!! They almost slipped out...
Hitsugaya: What did?
Matsumoto: My breasts. See? Like thi-
Hitsugaya: Don't SHOW me!!!

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

Well, I'm into Stephen King's The Dark Tower books. I came across them at a local bookstore. Also, I would recommend Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishigoro and Angela's Ashes, very good books.

As for Spanish books I like Angeles Mastretta's Arrancame La Vida and Isabel Allende's Hija de la Fortuna.

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

count of mont cristo

Reading the Chinese version of Kasho no Yume, a Twelve Kingdoms novel. It's making me feel rather hazy, but that's just because I'm not used to reading traditional Chinese characters. I'm re-reading Little Women too.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Right now I'm reading Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.
It's quite a good book, but it's waaaay too long!

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

well currently reading a book called new moon by Stephenie Meyer, which is the continuation of twillight. finishing soon, then going on to the new third book~ XD called esclipse. it's about a vampire who falls in love with a human gal, and the romance is just breathtaking hahax..! XD can't stop reading it. oh i see manny people are still reading harry potter. well can't help it maybe i'll read it again~ XD there is also another book that i was reading it's called Aragon, though i forgot who wrote it opps~ XD hee hee other than that, thats about all~ kira-kira, by catherine kadohata is not bad as well~ ^-^

Signature Image

I finished the Willa Cather book, now I'm reading L'Assimmoir by Zola. I love Zola. I dream of reading his works in their native French, someday.

I have just finished reading the first three books in the series Dark Heavens by Kylie Chan. If you ever read a summary or blurb about the book please don't judge the book by it. Kylie has mixed perfectly romance, mythology, action and fantasy. For anyone interested in Chinese mythology this book is excellent. At present there are only the three books published however there are more to come as the story does not end in the third book. These books are great for people who find picking up a book hard if it does not draw you in from the first few pages. Book 1: White Tiger, Book 2: Red Phoenix, Book 3: Blue Dragon.

At the moment however i am reading a series called A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R Martin. These books are set in the middle ages with knights and fantasy. If you like twisted story lines these books are for you. They have a complex constantly changing plot which is never predictable. Book 1: A Game of Thrones, Book 2: A Clash of Kings.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Now I am currently reading book two of the Elenium (not sure of the title off the top of my head) by David Eddings

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Ender

AshuraYamato

AshuraYamato

Roger Rox!

I'm currently reading Memoirs Of A Geisha but some great ones to read are:
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
Maximum Ride
These are the best I've ever read so check them out.

-"Some say that the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice."
~Robert Frost~

I just finished reading The Ruins and now I'm starting to read The Good Guy by Dean Koontz. I'm kinda a geek for Dean Koontz books. I loved Odd Thomas. Any other Dean Koontz fans out there? lol~

The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom, recomended by one of my online friend. Pretty good.

For One More Day by Mitch Albom... almost similar to Five People You Meet In Heaven

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 171 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.