Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? - Minitokyo

What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 171 total items

Band of Brothers =0

The Madman's Tale - John Katzenbach

Ithilwen

Ithilwen

Maerin

"Dearly Devoted Dexter", by Jeff Lindsay, sequel of "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" and followed by "Dexter in the Dark" *Dexter obsessive fangirl inside* ^^'

when we were orphans, good book.... author ishiguro ... forgot first name XD....

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

To update the list of books currently being read:
Only in Death by Dan Abnett
Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko [it's what the films Night Watch and Day Watch are based off of, but better]
Troy: Fall of Kings by David Gemmell [I noe have the complete trilogy n hardback]
Making Money by Terry Pratchett

By the end of the week it should be all change yet again.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

"Alchemist"

satanic bible :P
im evil _\,,/

none

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

The Day Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko
The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons
I need to go the library again to replenish my supply of reading material.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

I'm reading "Sophie's World" By Jostein Gaarder. I read this book few years ago, when I was in high school, but I wasn't quite able to absorb all things that it was saying although it left a great impact on me. Now that I'm reading it, I realize that it's much more ingenious and fantastic than what I thought it was. None of my Philosophy and Humanties subjects were able to teach me the History of Worlds' Philosophy and Humanities the way this book has. It's such a great work. Hopefully I will have enough time to read other books of Jostein Gaarder.

I also have "The lady and the Unicorn" By Tracy Chevalier in my to-read list. I bought this book during Year-End Clearance Sale. (Gee...I feel so lucky to have found this book during that time :) ) I guess I'll be reading it during summer holidays when I go home. :)

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Aside from manga (attempting to collect the Genshiken series, as well as trying to locate a similarly-themed story, only with a female main character), I'm currently working away at New Moon by Stephanie Meyer (I'm still at a section where the main character is still moping about, and maybe I don't quite like that because it feels as if I am reading about myself (wry, self-effacing grin). The moping bit, not the popular aspect of the character in-universe (eye roll).
Additionally, I'm finally reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Talk about jumping on the bandwagon a little bit late, hah hah. I'm enjoying the ironic humor, as well as the way the characters Crowley and Aziraphale are portrayed through their behavior, words, and interaction with each other.
I've also only read a few pages into Reading Lolita in Tehran, which I desperately want to finish. The reason I like it is that it gives just enough context to understand the situation-mind you, I'm merely two or three sections into it, so I do believe I've much to learn further on-as well as the insight and commentary on the students and the narrator herself.
Finally, East, by Edith Pattou (with which, again, I am not nearly finished). One thing that annoys me about this book is that it switches from one narrator to another, all within first person ("I", "me", "my"). While that does give the reader insight to the characters' thoughts and actions, I'm more used to a fixed narrator, rather than the point of view being arbitrary every chapter. I suppose it doesn't sit well with me because it's getting me out of my comfort zone (which, with books, isn't exactly a bad thing (wry grin)). Other than that, I do find it rather interesting. Personally, though, I feel in some sections that there could have been a bit more elaboration on a few parts of the part I've read.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

At the moment I am reading the book a sat down by the river pedro and wept I a great book. I about a girl who want admit her feeling about her love. There is a lot more about the book but is I said any more I could take away from it's greatness.

Slowly reading Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories Volume 1. I'm on the story 'A Study in Scarlet' where Homes and Watson first meet each other and Watson watches in amazement as to how Holmes solves his cases.

The Children of Hurin, by J.R.R Tolkien

sociology 101 =0 amazing book xP

Regarding the Pain of Others - by Susan Sontag

tinuswouters

crazy is as crazy do....whahaha

His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. I'm currently halfway through book 2: The subtle knife. The book is better than the movie, but that's to be expected since I have never seen a movie surpassing the book

Nismosis

One Of The Last Nice Guys

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Pretty good book actually. The narration is quite humorous.

I'm reading a book called Ann Veronica by H.G.Wells. It's for my English class...it's basically about women's right to vote, it's a big feminist novel. It's ok but i've read better.

I'm just starting to read the Great Gatsby for English. I'm really liking it so far, it's got interesting characters, much better than the Sound and the Fury, and it's a little bit easier to understand.

i am currently reading twilight by stephanie m. it's a very interesting book, about vampires...lol.

alaistar

alaistar

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee~

George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings. Part of the series entitled A Song of Ice and Fire.

It's a really really good read. I don't know how else to describe it, but it is, by far, one of the best fantasy genre book I've read. Pretty fast-paced.

Should be reading the sequel, A Storm of Swords, later or maybe starting out my Salem's Lot. Whichever works for me~

Would you like to play a little game?

I'm reading Vampire Knight right now & I love the series so far, I wonder who Yuki picks as the one she truly loves?
As for me...I can't even decide who I like more..Kaname or Zero...? ^_^' Part of me says Zero..then again that beautiful smile Kaname shows & how much love & respect he has for Yuki makes my heart flutter! XD OH! Why does it have to be so difficult!?
That like saying which anime do you prefer?
X/1999 or Code Geass? (My 2 favorite animes) I just can't pick!

I'm also reading Absoulte Boyfriend! Thats a great series as well, :D and again I can't decide weither I like Night or Soshi! LOL :)

I reading subtitles on the anime Kodomo no Jikan.

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 171 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.