Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does Sports Anime/Manga influence you into taking up the sport? - Minitokyo

Does Sports Anime/Manga influence you into taking up the sport?

Does Sports Anime/Manga influence you into taking up the sport?

Definitely! :)
5 votes
It depends on the sport..
8 votes
Not really..
11 votes
No, I'm already into the sport!
5 votes
Others
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

himura088

himura088

~Smile

I started playing basketball a few years back, I started getting really interested into Slam Dunk. The characters from Slam Dunk like Rukawa, Sendo, were constantly on the mouths of my teammates too.
The series inspired many of us into playing and performing well in basketball.

I recently watched Dear Boys and it really ignited my urge to go out and play basketball since I was playing less sometime back..

I learned tennis too, but stopped when my exams came (and never continued).
That's when I came across the Prince of Tennis, which motivated me into getting back into practising and polishing my tennis skills.

Does Sports Anime/Manga influence you into taking up the sport(s)?
Or do you choose the series based on sports you play?

Heaven-Phoenix

Heaven-Phoenix

Chinmoku no Tenshi

Yes. For me, Sports Anime/Manga does influence my motivation about doing sports. However....not for long. XD Like, after watching a couple of episodes of Prince of Tennis for a few days, I started to want to master tennis. But then, after about 5 practices, I quit since it got boring. xD;;

I don't mind the series. As long as the Anime/Manga is good enough, I don't really mind watching/reading it.

Actually, it depends on the sport but Slam Dunk definitely influenced me into playing basketball

Animes like Dear Boys and Buzzer Beater wasn't as great as Slam Dunk although I'll/CKBC was quite nice but I must say that Slam Dunk was an awesome anime that got me into playing basketball

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

yue_hikaru

Silver Magi

no it didn't give me much influence. but it motivate me to play better. and some of it really inspire me and give me new knowledge.

Life Is Short n' they say it's precious
So live your life the way U like it

it sort of makes me want to take up the sport. especially if the animation is good. was watching ookiku furikabutte, and the actions in the anime gets me all worked up and wanting to go swing a bat or sth, ha...

depends on the sport.. I really liked watching Prince of Tennis but I never got to play it.. I don't think I could handle all the running... XD

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

No. But sports influence me to make an anime out of it.

Princess of Badminton, anyone?

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

maybe it incluences a little bit, but like it has been said before depends of the sport

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

in general it truly depends on the anime/manga I mean I've taken up sword sparing, karate, kickboxing and raving (dancing to those that don't know ;) ) but for the most part I never really got interested in many of those things until I started watching anime, then later developed with manga

BuBbLeS!

Signature

i'd say watching/reading a sports anime/manga would make you more interested in learning about the sport but not till the point of getting into it, unless you thought about participating in the sport before. Gaining an interest in the sport could mean learning the actual rules, and keeping up with the competitions on TV, magazines, etc.

nope. sports anime has no influence over my life whatsoever. i play a sport because i'm interested in it, anime or no anime. i've never felt that i wanted to learn a sport because of an anime.

no. it does not influence me at all!

Soroga

Soroga

Is busy again

it does kinda, but then i'm lazy, so all i do is learn about the actual sport and how it works, but when it comes to doing it, i'm unable to or i'm effortless at it :D

^_^

actually, i started tennins cause of Prince of Tennis. i still play to this day and i started about a year ago when i finished watching

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

No it doesn't with me and besides I tried different sports before I am just not that good in playing sports.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

no, not really but reading hikaru no go makes me kinda interested in go game but not enough to make me a go maniac.

For me it doesn't. It mught make me want to watch the real game, but definitely not playing it.

wachumara lakachimba xD

Makes me want to watch the real game ^^. And also do research into the sport itself. Funny if I decided to go into American Football because of Eyeshield 21 though... XD. I'm not built for that. But I'm taking up tennis because of PoT.

For me, sports anime, just like sports films, tends to somehow entertain me even though the associated sport often doesn't. This includes both watching actual games, and in most cases, playing as well. To that end, there is no anime that has ever (or will ever) made even the slightest influence on what sports I play and/or watch.
Frankly, most of those were decided before I even knew what anime was in the first place. They've never really changed now that I think about it.

i started playing basketball after i watched Slam Dunk. Eyeshield 21 makes me wanna watch american football matches but not taking it up XD. And now i am interested in learning kendo coz of Bamboo Blade. But i dun think i have the time to, and apparently the equipment stinks >.<

Yea it truly does. I've had many thoughts of playing the sports from an anime like Eyeshield (american football). But i did start on something from an anime i dont know if you can call it a sport but the anime Hikaru no Go is played out like a sport anime and it got me playing Go just after a few episodes and im still playing it today (been about 3-4 years). I didnt even know what it was before the anime but it gave me so much inspiration and knowledge about the game and its history.

Absolutely, this is actually pretty funny, but ya I find that sports anime influences me to at least want to play the sport. When I watched the Prince of Tennis series, I definitely had the sudden urge to learn how to play tennis. I didn't exactly rush off to sign up for lesson or anything though, but whenever I played with my friends I would think about it. And then when I saw Dear Boys I actually did go outside and play a few rounds with my sister or sometimes I would just practice by myself for a while. It's not that I never played these sports before and suddenly decided to try them out, it's that the shows made me remember how much I loved playing them. :)

yes of course.. at first i dinnt like watching basketball but when i watch the anime slam dunk,, i got in to basketball, then i watch captain tsubasa, and i loved watching soccer,, i even ask my dad to buy me a soccer ball.. hehehe...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.