Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Graphic Tablet: To Buy or Not To Buy? - Minitokyo

Graphic Tablet: To Buy or Not To Buy?

Should I buy a graphics tablet?

Yes
42 votes
No
3 votes
Depends on...(leave comment)
16 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

I practiced with my mouse first to get used to all the tools. I've seen people getting a tablet expecting to master all drawing programs and don't. A tablet is definitely more convenient when it comes to sketching, painting, etc. but my suggestion is practice, get comfortable with the program you are working with, figure out your working style before getting one. I bought a tablet a few years back and I don't really use it often cause I mostly do vector images and that's easier with a mouse.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I love the one I have! I'm not very sure about specific tablets, but I would definitely recommend buying a Wacom brand drawing tablet. I was extremely lucky and got one for free when I was working a summer job, and it even though it was old and very obviously used, it stills works like a dream.

You can still paint without one, but I found it makes painting in longer strokes (like coloring hair) much, much, much easier!

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

FrostyWolf359

FrostyWolf359

Fire is fr33....

I recently got a cheap one. A genius G-Pen 5" x 4". I'm not really a good artist, but its quite useful for doing some fine editing. I have messed around with trying to draw stuff but I'm just not really that good. I just need more pracitice I think. The genius tablets are very basic, pretty much just a pad and the pressure sensitive pen. I dont think they're that great for people who have a lot of talent but for the price its great to mess around with. Mine cost me R350 (which is about $44)

Everything rotates anti-clockwise except clocks and Venus.

I voted for yes...
I actually bought one..
I had a wacom graphire... XD
anyway, I just thought it will be better if I had a wacom cintique...
but on the other hand.. it's better than nothing.. @___@

Congrats on the tablet.

yeah.. u should go for it if you have some cash to spend. its gonna be worth it. just gonna take some practise to mastered it. using a wacom graphire here.. still saving for the Intuos Line. kinda xpensive here. huhu

Go for it if you can afford one :) Too bad I can't get one. It's way too expensive at my place x( Don't really see one easily too... T_T

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

i have 4"x5" tablet and is very usefull when i paint, i feel more faster and enjoy paint with the tablet .

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

Depends...If you can draw while focussing on the computer screen,then it's a good thing to buy. For me,I couldn't get along with the tablet,I'm just used to a pencil and paper,while looking at the paper itself,lol. XP

Yes, it depends. I have a tablet and I'm using it to color my art through whatever programs available. You can't really depend on a tablet for DRAWING, although a tablet is good for making a clean lineart.

Buy! It's definitely worth it! Though you don't need to buy a really expensive one... 30-40$ should give you a pretty decent one :3 It only takes a few hours of practise before you start getting the feel of it, and it's awesome! It's so much easier to make pics/things in photoshop and it takes less time than without a tablet. It's not magic though, you need to get into photoshop and learn how to use it and it doesn't improve your drawing skills. Colouring is much easier though with one.

I would say yes ^^

wacom is the best, I think. never tried the other brand. maybe genius is quite good.

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

Wacom is pretty standard for professionals in digital media to use (at least probably most widely used) I have a small like 5x6 or something, graphire tablet from them. Works great, takes a little getting used to though. Definetly better than a mouse for brushes and similiar tools. If you think you are going to use it I definitley recommend geting one to anyone interested. (For just vectoring stuff its better to just a mouse most the time though FIY)

A moment bound in eternity.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.