Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you enjoy watching a main characters death? - Minitokyo

Do you enjoy watching a main characters death?

Welll do you?

YES! =D
7 votes
no.... T.T
3 votes
Depends on the situation or character.
14 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

I sort of do at some point. Because sometimes you get to see the reactions and the true feelings of the characters that revolved(ESPECIALLY THE STUBBORN ONES) or knew that character. Like.... in sailor moon the movie(it's not from the actual plotline but you get to see their reactions and how they truly feel toward usagi [which i enjoyed a lot lol]), AIR, trinity blood... and so on... how about you, and please give a reason while your at it.

kvlitz

kriegsage

Also don't forget Lighto from Death Note.

I enjoyed it.

To kill or not to kill? That is not the question.

I don

Depends on the situation that the main character dies in I suppose.

Signature

i do enjoy it. Mainly because it isn't as common. But when they do kill off a main character there's usually enough stuff that gets ramped up for it to happen that just boosts the show like crazy. it ends up making the show reaally good for the events leading up to it and afterwards some

I must admit that i like sad endings.

For most main character deaths, i have a looongg drawn out "Noooooooo---" but then most of the main characters of anime i have watched are good characters whom i don't want to die...

of course i don't want the main character to die! that would be horrible. if it was a evil character then who cares let him die.

Heaven-Phoenix

Heaven-Phoenix

Chinmoku no Tenshi

It really depends on the story, and how much I like the main character. The main character must not get killed off randomly, and the scene must be very emotional, and must have a good cause to it. x3

I would say it depends as well. A sufficient buildup coupled with a well-executed death scene can work wonders in a plot. I tend to feel much less empathy when a male character dies, though.

In more extreme cases, perhaps the presentation was too good. I can think of two animes off the top of my head that left me depressed for a while. In those cases I don't enjoy watching those death scenes. The degree of sadness evoked and my attachment to a character can mean the difference between me appreciating a death scene, or hating it completely.

At the same time, regardless of my feelings on the matter, if it was presented well, I won't hold it against the plot.

Signature

CND2007

CND2007

White

If he is my fav main chara then I dont want him to die, but if he is a stupid one then I would enjoy his death... if he is a good but he died for a good reason ( as a hero ) then it would be fine.

A smile for the day.

I hate when the main character dies, unless it's an "Oh, I guess it was only right for him to die" NOT like Light from death note, god that was gay, why couldnt he take over the world!?

I agree I SOOOOO hoped that death Note would end with Light taking over the world, his deat scene was...well it wasn't bad, but... well, I REALLY hoped that evil will tryumph tah tone time.

And about main characters death, usually these scenes are so full of emotions and drama that I'm left breathtaken... Especially when dies one of my favouirets, even though I cry and scream WHY HIIIIIIMMMMM (her), these are usually my favourite episodes :D

nope..definitely not..
if the main characters was dead in the end,so what's the point of that anime?

well, all depends on what genre anime it is, if was romance genre than the main guy should be stabbed for being a player. like in the current ongoing anime school days. but in shows like FMA the main guy should stay alive thoughout the series. although he /she dies, they;re would always come back to life in OVA or movie or something lol. thats what i usualy see , lol :P

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Ahhhh....
Okay... I admit. I always enjoy main characters dying.
Death implies (for me) a new life, rebirth, that the world should
- should -
move on without him.
Many don't understand that,
and they won't understand what I am saying.

Depends on the character. If it's a character I can't stand, then yes, I enjoy it. Also, if it's a character I like and they go out in an incredibly awesome way...well, "enjoy" probably wouldn't be the best word, but still.

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Well if the character is gone for the rest of the series, the character wouldn't really be a main character. But there should always be scenes showing them in the afterlife or something similar to it. It's usually good.

skinnystik

skinnystik

|| Genki Tenshi ||

the main character of an anime dying is sad! T___T
cause like you watch the anime, then you get attached to the character LOL! and then they die, it's so depressing!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

well for me it would depend on the situation. If the main character was a "hero" through the whole show and died fighting a villain I would dislike it however if the main characters daeth gave his/her friends the power to defeat the villain then that would be fine.

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

Not really, unless the main character be so stupid it deserves death.

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.