Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Not a complaint, just a clarification. - Minitokyo

Not a complaint, just a clarification.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

I've recently had a bunch of deleted scans I've submitted some time ago. No problem with them, they probably were a bit too small and low-quality, as stated in the PMs I got.
There was just one scan I've felt a bit confused about its deletion, this one: Yamimaru Enjin - Umi ni Nemuru Koi by kayurachan
This is how the botchii PM goes:

Quote by botchii Your scan you submitted entitled Yamimaru Enjin - Umi ni Nemuru Koi, was removed from Minitokyo, because it was deemed that the it was of insufficient quality, which can be caused by one or more of the following:

- The image dimensions were too small. Only scans with 1,000,000 or more pixels are allowed. You can calculate the amount of pixels by multiplying the width of the image with the height.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to, page folds, dust, noise, text or other markups on the image. Scanned images need to be scanned at least at 200dpi to conform to the quality demands required on Minitokyo.
- The image was too blurred. Only sharp scans are accepted. Please do not attempt to 'filter' scans in Photoshop, as this usually further reduces quality.
- The featured character was not visible enough, or unusable for wallpaper purposes.
-The majority of the image features either blank space, magazine text, or multiple under-sized images.
- The scan did not feature an anime-style image. See this announcement for more information: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/35992/

No matter how many times I look at my scan, I can't really find anything bad about it... Maybe my knowledge about what a "perfect scan" is is missing something, therefore I ask for mods' opinion.
I'm not asking to restore it, I'm totally after mods' decision. Just wanted to know what was wrong with it :)
Arigato!

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

In all honesty I'd guess that it's because the title obscures the lower third of the image, but I'd still say that what was remaining is still usable.

I wasn't the one to delete them, and it's come as quiet a surprise to me. Your best shot of getting a straight answer is if you try the Complaints Forum and ask for a little more clarification... ut I'm guessing it's because the way the text covers a large portion of the image.

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

I took a jaunt through the "Other" gallery yesterday to tidy up, and yes, I deleted quite a few scans that were too low quality, considering their small size and the amount of text on them.
That scan is the same. The text is really so large that it'd make it hard to even vector it, and if you were to crop it, it wouldn't meet the size requirements.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

*takes her scan, opens photoshop, tries cropping it...*
Now I see! :nya:
Thanx for your answers, Ladies! Next time I'll pay more attention, promised! :3

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.