Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What time-period is best? - Minitokyo

What time-period is best?

What era do you like better?

Pre-modern (castles and dragons)
5 votes
Modern (like right now)
4 votes
Post-modern (plasma guns and warp-drives)
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

I am going to try writing my own manga, but I'm having dificulty with the setting. What do you like best: Pre-modern, no guns or computers or cars, just swords and bows; modern, with cars and phones, stuff we have now; or Post-modern, with giant robots and aliens and spaceships?

Note: There will be some fantasy elements, including swords, no matter the setting.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

Well I prefer modern with a little pinch of future because modern time is what we know best and if it gets too future or too past, it gets confusing.......

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Heaven-Phoenix

Heaven-Phoenix

Chinmoku no Tenshi

Well, it really depends on what you want, the characters, events, etc... Each era has it's own shining points.

Personally, I don't really mind as long as it fits. I like manga with Magical elements in it, or some mystical/supernatural powers. I guess...Pre-Modern or Post-Modern, if you really want a definite answer. ^^;;

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Actually I'd challenge yourself and write a multi-timeline manga incorporating all three. This has worked really well when reincarnation is utilized to continue the characters (provided its done right)

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I guess I should elaborate... I had orginaly planned to write it as a sci-fi, but as I was writing down ideas I realized I could write it closer to our own timeline. and while brainstorming how to put it in modern times, I realized that I could even write this as a fantaay. That's when I got stuck. I like certain aspects of each version so much I can't decide. That's why I need help.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

i kind of like historical time periods

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I've always been connected to the feudal era myself with swords and the likes, but I base most of my writings on future times...no harm just use your imagination and I'm certain something grand will arise

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I prefer historical settings.

nows good enough =3
it might seem all cool in the past but i would want to live past 40 thank you =P
as for the future.... actually that would be a cool thing to think about but all these things about the future and resources and how the worl dis getting poluted really turns me off so i'd rather just stick with what i got... the modern age of now =P

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.