Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ants... fun aren't they? - Minitokyo

Ants... fun aren't they?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Aside from the weird title, and no idea if this is in the right forum, move it if it isn't.

Anyways, got a weird question, are ants smarter than it looks? They tend to "move out" or attack your place when no one is around. Also, any idea (aside from pesticide control stuff like that) any idea how to keep them out? Also, any ideas if a pet like a cat or dog would bother ants?

I'm really doubting this is in the right forum...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

mei-san

fuzzybuzzychicken!

ants can be very annoying! but we will live w/ em!

im proud2bazn!

kvlitz

kriegsage

What you can do to keep them out is simple.

Here is the formula...

You(Flammable spray can + Lighter) - Ant(x) = Gone for Good

To kill or not to kill? That is not the question.

Ummm... that seems... violent... okay, any suggestions that doesn't burn the house?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Just get an exterminator. Plus there's a lot of products that get rid of them. You can find them at a lot of stores. Good luck with your ant buddies! :D

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

well, maybe Science & Religion is the right place..... ^_^'

i remember there's an insect which are enemies to ants. they gobble up them anyway.
as far as i know, pangolin loves eating them XD

ah, speaking of natural pest control....i'll check it up soon :)

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Yeah, I don't exactly like poisonous substance and yes, pests are annoying, and I don't like exterminators! Plus, it's not like something serious as termites.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I've heard that one of the most effective methods is a natural crystalline powder that basically coats the ants with crystals that cut and then absorb the water from the ants.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

antifreeze, they are suckers for antifreeze. leave a little in a lid behind your fridge or sumthin and eventually you will have no ants... works for mice too.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

well for an old folk remedy that is non lethal, they supposedly won't cross powdered cinnamon.

A poison would be the best/easiest way tho. probably not antifreeze, especially not if you have a pet that could drink it.

Nope pets are normally smart enough not to play with ants. Unless it is an ant eater. Would be tricky to get one of those tho.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Since this is a discussion about ants and remedies for removing/preventing home invasion, it does not belong in religion and science since it has nothing to do with either subject.

Anyways the only way I know of prevention is basically keep your house clean. What I mean by that is make sure you garbage is secure in a garbage recepticle. If you recycle something make sure you rinse it out thoroughly. Ants are attracted to sugars and I forget if it was oil or grease. So keep those things under wraps ie in jars or containers sealed tightly. Other then that have an exterminator check out your house for possible entry points. If there are some just plug them up with whatever is necessary.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Actually, I don't like ants, although some of them are very harmless. They're quiet creatures and things that they do sometimes might sound smart, but in fact, they're just acting on their instincts. It's not hard to keep them away from your workplace or livingspace as long as they're clean. (Just like what Spystreak said) Using exterminators and poisons has it's own conditions. What kind of ant are you trying to exterminate?! Big or small? Small, and tiny ants are not so hard to keep away. Don't leave food and anything that smells edible around and they won't show up! :)

Small ones... they're the most annoying thing... and big ones just scare me, glad there aren't any here.

My house is pretty clean, and still, once in a while, I see ants walking around... not like a bucket full, but still quite a lot.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

We use a organic "pesticide" that's made from plant oils and is safe for pets, people, and the environment. Its a powder that smells like cinnimon (I think the oil is an ingredient) and I guess they hate it because they've left us alone finally now that we use it. Cinnimon I think, in high doses (anything is a high dose to an ant), can be an irritant... that may be why they don't like it.

I'll have to check on what the brand is called, but anyways... I think ants are pretty neat eusocial creatures... like bees, they're so important to our environment with their own little job. :) I believe that ants are pretty intelligent creatures.... though that's the biologist in me talking! XD

Hehe, I've heard using some rubber substances around your food, like your bottles or other things that's food that may be easier to access, but using rubber can block em, I have no idea if it works or not...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Who'd want to use some kind of rubber around their food? XD Ants are pretty persistant insects, if they want something... they'll get it. Like, last month... we couldn't figure out why the ants were streaming into the back door and getting into the pantry. So, I cleaned out the pantry and the only thing that they were after was a pineapple/mango kind of trail mix that someone forgot to put into a ziplock bag... I threw it away, mopped where they had their trail (since ants leave a chemical trail for the others to follow) and the ants haven't came back since. :D

I guess, they're like bears... if they can't smell the food... they don't know its there. ^^

Hehe, bears are worse though. XD I guess if they can't smell it they won't know, wonder what happens if you put deodorant near your food or something like that, wonder what'd happen.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

All ant killing products are rubbish!
What you need is this!

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9324/21abombel6.jpg

It's guarantee to kill ants as well as destroy everything that's around you. X-P

Actually you can try this. A simple way to kill ants without the use
of poison.

videoclip

Warning! Playing with bombs especially an "atomic" one is extremely dangerous!
This can lead to mass injuries and death. Do not play with bombs!
Thank you. :)

Signature

Sure, I can kill some ants with that, just the ones in the desert or at some abandon place. :P

Oh geez... grits can kill them?! O.O That's funny, hehe.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

If you are wanting to get rid of them, be sure to get them out of your house first. My dad sprinkled something in the lawn and all of the ants retreated to the house.
However, using natural products is always nicer for the environment, and there aren't as many side effects. ^_^

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.