Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of "Thanks for the Fave" cards? - Minitokyo

What do you think of "Thanks for the Fave" cards?

Do you like "Thanks for the fave" cards in your guestbook?

Those pretty little things? I love them!
17 votes
I can't stand them, I don't want them on my userpage.
1 votes
I don't care either way.
8 votes
...cards?
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Hm, well I felt like making a thread and I was wondering this. What does everyone think of those "Thanks for the comment/fave cards?" I think almost eveyone in MT knows what I'm talking about. Artists and scanners often make little thank you cards for people who fave or comment on their work. But how many people like them?

I myself do use them sometimes to thank people for faves. I also try to keep note of people that I know don't like them, and try to avoid posting them in those people's guestbooks. And I myself don't mind recieving them as long as they're not the super huge ones that mess up your userpage.
So what do you think?

Signature

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

i think they're very cute...some cards look soooo adorable...and there's nothing wrong with them being on the UP... kinda lightens up the place... ^^

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

I know for one thing is that some are quite annoyed since it's like your just checking your guestbook to find out it's just a thank you card which sometimes can get annoying since you don't really need to thank them for faveing. :sweat: I try to do is not make cards for dedicating vectors. I only give those cards for vector art since not alot of faves goes to them unlike wallpapers. :sweat: Just make a small card because it's unecessary to make big greeting cards like those I think. ;)

I agree with you ASH-chan, if they do not deform the model of my this userpage well to leave them, since they are simple cards of gratefulness :D

hm.....
u know i never thouhght about it as "cards" to be honest it even ounds stupid ~sorry~
i just thank people for their support and i write it on my image just for people to know what i'm thanking them for (cuz honestly i hate when people write some like thx for the fave and u don't even know for what and u have to go to this persons gallery to see what did he mean and when i post the "cards" the recipient is like oh that cute wallie/vector ~i hope~)

:)

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

Hmmm, if it's a nice looking card and not too big, I don't really mind. But I don't want too many of them on my userpage, cuz it takes so much space and more time to load too :(

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Ungrateful idiots. I can't believe some of you hate the thank you cards.
You could just go and jog off.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

108Stars

108Stars

Cinnamon Mama

Well, as long as the card isn't too big, I like them. Most of them are cute and pretty, heheh.

'Speak softly and carry a big stick -- you will go far.'

if you call them cards then my newest made one'd be the next generation of them- animated cards lol

I first thought the people who left Fave cards were rather weird....... taking time to thank people for faving........ when we should be the one to thank the people who hosted the scan/wallpaper

I don't mind them on my UP but I don't really know how to respond back if they do :sweat:

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Quote by andou-mahoroif you call them cards then my newest made one'd be the next generation of them- animated cards lol

actually this generation started 6 months ago with g9's card
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/moonescape/Greeting%20Cards/DareYoutoMove.gif
so...

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I like them when they aren't so big as to distort the guestbook page, though I've usually thought it best when people who'se art/wallies I've faved went to the extra length of giving a personal thank-you note.

Quote by abul
actually this generation started 6 months ago with g9's card

so...

=___= I never got any of 'em >.< haha well I have my first without knowing they existed :P

LifeAndColor

The Observer

Honestly they are very nice and it tells you a lot about a person depending on what it is but I think its really lazy. I'd like to see something unique on my guest book other than a stupid card that says the same thing on everyone elses card like "Thanks for the fav!" For aspiring artists I think its kind of tacky to just leave something as simple as a card. Drop me a line or 2 so that I know who you are. Thats what I think. I've never made or used cards ever.

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

i think it is nice and polite

Signature
I'm back! :D

Personally I prefer when someone leaves a message along with the card, and I kinda feel left hanging if they just leave the card on its own ^_^* but some of them look quite nice, so they do make the userpage look prettier. It's quite thoughtful too, since they take the time to leave a thank you.

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Well, I simply think that "Thanks for the fav/commet" cards are sweet. I think they somehow carries the artists gratitude to the person he/she wants to thank. I love the feeling of receiving one....well, no one has given me a thank-you card that's really huge yet..hehe...

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

they're nice... some of them are really creative, and it shows the artist's ability even further... but it takes away the personalization of the "thanks"... making them always the same for everyone...

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

well i use thank you card as its really a creative and nicer way of thanking people other than just texts,plus even there is some people who don't like it we can't know...its not like they specify "please do not post thank you card in my guestbook" to really tell people that

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

I think it brightens up someones guestbook :) As long as it's not too big, I don't mind them at all.

They're cute, but it makes the thanks seem a bit impersonal... even though the fav/comment is such a small thing to recieve the thank you for.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.