Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suikoden - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Okay! This game reminds so much of Final Fantasy! I recently began playing the first one of the series and i love it! There's a total of 5 games that follow the story line, 2 spin-offs and 1 tactics. I'm mainly interested in finishing the ones that follow the storyline first. Suikoden 1&2 are for PSX and 3,4,5 are for PS2.

The graphics for the first two are similar to the one from FF6 for SNES. Of course we do know the graphics get better along the way, but the story from what i can tell is wonderful. There's lots of characters, relantionships between them and some appear in more than one series. I read there's a girl that appears in all 5, someone appears only in the first 3 or in the 1st and then 3rd. So you gotta play them by order. ^^

Also Suikoden 2 & 3 have the best op of the series. I especially love Suikoden 3 as an op not just for this series but overall in terms of video games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al9ZmNkzWQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YmQoREyleE

honestly i was hooked to the series after the second one, but the foutrth one kind of turned me off. I liked the concept of the third but the graphics werent too wonderful.

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

It's amazing to think they can make games based on old Chinese story.
However, I'm a little annoyed to see those silent protagonists.
As leaders, they REALLY should be a little more talkative, without we players having to decide their actions all the time.
What do you all think?

MatildaIII

MatildaIII

I think it just a game of who collects the 108 stars of destiny with the 27 true runes

The Moon....
The Bright Light
That Shines
Through the Dark

I loved 3 and 5. 4 was crap.

=.= it was a boring game... the story was too simplex and short for 4 and 5.

Eisritter

Eisritter

Cool As Ice

Collecting 108 people(Eventhough some are almost generic) gives a challenge to the game and some storylines are really great(I like the one in 2)

I loved all suikoden games.The best game is suikoden 1.

MatildaIII

MatildaIII

you're right, is somehow s^@#s yet i love suikoden two, and yuber is my favorite character of all

The Moon....
The Bright Light
That Shines
Through the Dark

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Best. Storyline. Ever.

I lover the Suikoden series. II and V are my all time favorites in the series. III isn't bad story wise, but the pacing was just too slow which lost it points with me. HOWEVER, the game makes for a much better manga. Read it if you haven't already. Also, don't let IV turn you off the series entirely, just skip it - that's what I did. V returns with a kick-ass story.

And, while the main characters in all the games aren't "talkative" I'm always amused and interested to see how the game designers make it so you understand that you were the one who said XXX thing. lol. :) When voices were included starting with the fourth game I was surprised how well developers were able to keep up that trick of a silent hero. Kudos to them.

All in all, I love the series and getting all 108 stars...it reminds me of item collecting. But most of the 108 add something to the storyline at some point. :) Even if it is just a one-liner they tell you at your castle.

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.