Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need Recommendation for converting video formats - Minitokyo

Need Recommendation for converting video formats

page 1 of 1 11 total items

ZonSlashSykato

ZonSlashSykato

Walking the Path of Darkness

Right now I m currently using VSO DivxToDVD to convert my videos to dvd format and using nero to burn them. After I burn them I test the disc in a DVD player. For some reasons, the screen or frame size of the video from the computer did not fit in the screen size of my television. That applies to all the televisions which I tested a few times. For example, in my computer 200x120 (widthxheight) and in t.v.(200x120 - 20x20= 180x100) was cropped out because I think it cannot customize the size of something. This is the problem and I think it comes from the software I used.
Please Recommend me a software that can convert any formats to DVD format.
Also, is Nero recommended for burning?
thx...

Signature Image

Assuming you got Nero version 7 either the retail or OEM (bundle with your drive), you may want to try out
Nero Vision or Nero Vision Express. This program supports divx file format and helps you create
your clips to DVD format so that you can watch it on your TV.

As for Nero 6, can't tell because Vista does not support Nero 6 (the OEM that is).

Signature

ZonSlashSykato

ZonSlashSykato

yep it can be watch on the tv alright, but the screen or frame size is still being cropped off. (problem remains) Does it have to do with some settings before burning ?

Signature Image

Do not used the video you have converted.
Used the original dvix clips you had with the Nero Vision program and
see if that works.

Signature

ZonSlashSykato

ZonSlashSykato

I think thats what I did from the first place. I use the nero vision and just directly burn it with the original divx.

Signature Image

Sorry for the late reply, but my main system is down for now therefore I cannot recreate the problem you have. Once I get the replacement part, I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Currently using my old shitty box.
Arggh it's slow, but at least it was fast 10 years ago! :)

BTW: I assume the program your talking about it this?
Is this right?

Signature

ZonSlashSykato

ZonSlashSykato

o its ok..
I dont understand .. what do you mean by "BTW: I assume the program your talking about it this?
Is this right?"

Signature Image

"Is this right?" is a link click on it and
see if that is the program you use.

You can't see the difference in colors between standard text and linked text?

Signature

Try to use DVDFlick, it's a really nice soft to convert video files to DVD.

Do not post your IP address!
Edit that post.

In one my previous post just click on
"Is this right?"
Once you move your pointer to it, it'll will change to a linked hand.
And now it's green! :)

Signature

The picture is too big for the TV screen size? It's called overscan. It's the T.V.'s problem. This happens to me a lot. I've used a multitude of dvd authoring software like Nero 8 , TMPGEnc DVD Author, VSO, DVD Santa. I've tried them all using a single video file and it always ends up with overscan.

One solution is to resize the video or put black areas around the parts of the picture that don't show on the TV, which is also called "padding".

I suggest TMPGEnc for encoding and TMPGEnc DVD Author for dvd authoring. They're both very efficient and very easy to use. You can even hardsub subtitles from mkv files directly into mpeg2 format.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.