Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 It's been a while... do you still like it? - Minitokyo

It's been a while... do you still like it?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Think back to the good ol' days... where you used to watch this or that anime or read some manga... and dang, it was like the best thing since chocolate milk. But now it's been a while and you go back to re-read it or re-watch it...

does it still "touch" you like it did before or still get you excited? does it still make you think "yeah that was awesome" or are you now thinking "what was i even smoking.. this sucks".

give some examples if you can and of course name the title.

DBZ and Pokemon used to be like oh yeah let's watch it every week (that it was on)... now i look and understand it's a kids show, so yeah I lost interest in it but still think Pikachu is awesome :D

I also used to really love, Love Hina, and I still think it's great, but of course it lost some of its charm and some of it's uniqueness after I got into more romance / ecchi type animes that did the same gags or pulled the same cards. I still think Love Hina is great because it was one of the first series I ever watched. There's always something about that first good series that just sticks with you for a while even after you stop watching.

Anyways, how about you?

-Boojitsu21 :pacman:

This is an interesting thread. :)

I think it all depends on how much an anime creator puts effort to creat an anime. Well planned and developed animes last as long as anime exists. Animation is an art, when you speak of a long lasting anime, it's as if you're speaking of a famous and well-painted paiting. So far for me, Robotech aka Macross, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, Gundam Wing have maintained their effect until today. I still find them incredible and interesting, and feel the same way as I felt the first time that I watched them.

hmmm though one i used to like dragonball ghostfighter but know that i watch and finished it like a thousand times it kinda bores me well i guess it depends to me if and only if i dont get bored

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Good point!
I used to love DBZ; I watched all the series, I downloaded every episode and movie, I had an infinite collection of pictures, not to mention that I knew the life and techniques of every character. And now (after 3 years), when I look back I think 'Duudeeee, that's mental!'. Right now I can say I pretty much dislike DB. It's too much, you poke a guy and he flies straight through 5 massive rocks and still gets up with only a few scratches.
As for Pokemon, Digimon, and all the other anime based on magic cards, such as Yu-Gi-Oh & Co. I always hated them.
But for me it's a fact, once I finish an anime, after a few years if I notice it again, I'm not that fond of it, unless it was really awesome (Death Note for ex).

Signature

IcyBlade

IcyBlade

eXceed Master

Of course...I still remembered how'd I'd really addicted to the anime called, Shakugan No Shana..^.^

How'd Yuuji wants to protect whom he loves and of course, Shana too.

I don't even eat, just want to watch till end..^.^

And it's an interesting topic..boojitsu-san ^.^

Signature
Ready to shootout! eXceed!
-Rain Lindwurm-

justsomeone

justsomeone

Nameless

Well yeah... I used to like Sailor Moon but now I think it s kinda sily.

I still like Sailor moon XD ! But it's true, in the begginning you said that the anime is cool, but years later you just don't explain yourself why did you like it so much... XD

I used to love all anime as a kid, but now, looking at the English dubs...

it brings back memories. good ones.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

I used to be obsessed with Sailormoon manga @.@ I'd read each and every single copy I own again and again, and now when I look back on it...I feel kinda silly ^_^' I still like the manga, but not obsessed like last time.

Cardcaptor Sakura....I was obsessed with that anime too.
I still love it now though X-P

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

about two years ago i "met" the anime loveless. do i still think it's cool? heck yeah. the spells, the chars, everything is just amazing...
but there are mangas/anime that have lost their appeal... it's actually more the genre that includes sayd anime/manga that i started disliking. wanna know what genre it is? shoujo.... sumtimes it seems that if you've seen one, you've seen them all.... /rant

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

i usually get over action anime a lot faster because you see / read it once and when you see it again, it's kinda like "yeah, that was cool", then eventually "meh, i've seen it a lot already"...

as for more "emotional" animes / manga, those lose their appeal too, but are a little bit longer lasting for me.

but i still like action anime :D

-Boojitsu21

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

Well it usually depends on age bracket. Once your tastes mature, well, some of the stuff that made you go " awesome ' will eventually lose their charm. It's a natural progression, I guess. So far for me Cowboy Bebop, GITS and Jin-Roh somehow maintained their charisma. It also depends on how many titles you've seen, because like it or not, unique stuff is hard to come by these days, even in anime.

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

marchewek

marchewek

future evil overlord.

I totally know what you mean! I used to be a HUUUUGE Slayers fan about 4 or 5 years ago - I wrote fanfiction, drew fanart, had a website, practically breathed Slayers... Seriously, I knew everything about the show, the name of every character, all the spells and so on. BUt now... I've started re-watching Slayers few days ago, and...well, it lost all of its charm, unfortunately :< I expected something great and awesome, but got an average fantasy comedy with silly gags. It made me feel old, heh.

I wish I had the time to completely submerge myself.

Blade of the Immortal is still wonderful when I go back and reread it. Rurouni Kenshin, too. I really got out of touch with watching Naruto and Bleach, though, and each is so massive it's rather staggering to do catch up.

KareiNoTenshi

KareiNoTenshi

I wanna be a pop star...

Oh this is interesting.
I used to love Sailor Moon, Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon but now, meh, I don't dislike them or anything it's just not the same feeling D:
I used to watch as well Captain Tsubasa, I didn't stand it back then and now less. Hmm DB is another thing, I used to dislike it when I watched it for the first time (i must have been 5-6) and it was just too boring for me, but 11 years later I have started watching it again and it's pretty cool ^o^
CardCaptor Sakura, Ranma 1/2 and Saint Seiya are way too different, everytime I go back to them they just amaze me more and more <3

The sun will always shine for all of us.
Because God is watching over each and everyone of us.

I just don't take the time to watch the same things over and over anymore. I must have watched Vampire Hunter D and Project A-Ko a million time, but now with fansubs I can watch everything as soon as it comes out, and I just don't have time. I still like the stuff I used to watch though. FLCL, Escaflowne, Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop will never get old to me!

it actually depends on the anime. for me, watching Pokemon or Dragonball isn't exciting anymore. In fact, it's boring to watch it again. animes such as Cardcaptor Sakura still captures my heart even though I've watched it for the nth time. XD

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

let's see we all know the dbz run by now, if not then climb out from under the rock ;) personally I think it was alright when I first started watching it and then the repeats started and it disappeared for awhile and then it came back and now I dispise the whole thing, but I still like collecting art work but that's about it

but it truly depends on the anime like I adore still witch hunter robin I had to rebuy the series recently because my copy finally went and then there is cowboy bebop, wolf's rain and other anime that I think, in my opinion, is still the best and it gets better every time I see it because it actually gives me the time to view the anime in another angle and see anything I might have missed from the first few dozen times...and believe it or not it does give me the honor of seeing something I missed...

but some anime like db/z/gt, pokemon and a few other lesser known they should pretty much remained buried and not come into focus again

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I like watching back on anime when I'm in the mood for a good cry and know a certain bit will make me cry. For example in AIR I've watched some of those episodes so many times. I've also watched the School Days ending episode about 15 times, because I loved it that much, and still do.

Hum.... when i was young i watched evangelion, but today i don't like so much. I'm sick of DBZ, pokemon, beyblade. I understood the children 'coz i was one, hehehehe and i have to admit i watched and liked. But now is different. Maybe the age take my soul, ahuahauhauahua

.:[ neros ]:.

Signature

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I still enjoy watching animes I have seen before no problem. Sometimes I even find stuff I missed the first time I watched it. I am usually careful though so I don't overwatch teh anime I like although my favorite thing is to rewatch and entire series after I get the last DVD and thenm watch the last DVD. It gives it a nice continuity.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I like this thread.

I've noticed that when I rewatch anime, even when it's only the 2nd viewing, I fast forward through a lot of it. So a regular 20 minute episode get shrunk down to may 10-15 minutes. This happens even to my favorites.

Quote: i usually get over action anime a lot faster because you see / read it once and when you see it again, it's kinda like "yeah, that was cool", then eventually "meh, i've seen it a lot already"...

I agree. There are only so many ways you can do a fight scene.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Komaka

Komaka

Aoi Hime

ARIA,Shakugan no Shana and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi will always have place in my heart.Like ARIA,I watch it again and again and I still love it and find it interesting,even thought I already finish watching it last year.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.