Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help with Beach Background - Minitokyo

Help with Beach Background

page 1 of 1 4 total items

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

I haven't done a beach wallpaper in a very long while and I can't seem to get this wallpaper to look right. If anyone has suggestions, pointers, or a good tutorial I could check out to fix this up, please let me know.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6503/eiwaartdoihavetobu0.th.jpg

Thanks for checking this out ^^

Note: Person who requested this suggested the text, I would like to keep it in the wall somewhere.

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

it looks like you slapped her on a bg..... i think the reason why it doesn't look good is because one can see that the char and the bg don't blend together. and when i say "don't blend" i mean you can see clearly that they're made in two diferent styles.
another thing: the water doesn't really seem like water to me cuz it lacks the natural movement of it (never seen waves that come to shore at an almost 90 degrees angle).
the black thing (dunno what it is, mole maybe?) in the bg needs a bit more defining. plus, in a sunny day it shouldn't be black with no reflections.
i'd also suggest you take out that blue at the top out cuz it makes it as if where she's standing is cloudy (big contrast between the colors of the sky when it's sunny doesn't happen).
also, there are minor extraction problems but those can be fixed.

The sky and water don't seem to match. And, the text really bothers me. I know you want to leave it in though. Maybe if it were less intrusive.

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Hmmnn. Yeah. Like other people have said, the sky, water and sand don't really "blend" as etoo called it. I can't really help you out on that one though.. You can try your luck and look for a nice anime scan of a beach.

As for the sky, the landform in the distance and the girl, I personaly love it. And the text, hmm... I'd say it's misplaced, maybe even the colour is slightly wrong as well. You should play around with it.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.