Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you choose your characters randomly when you make a wall? - Minitokyo

Do you choose your characters randomly when you make a wall?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

I know that this question seem stupid, but I will ask it anyways... and I think most people just randomly choose a character they like.

In my case, I mostly choose randomly, when I see a scan that I feel like walling it. But I also just pick a series, and find a good scan of it...

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Usually if I like a series I'll find scans of the series so I can wall it.
Sometimes I'll just see a picture I like and decide to wall it.
No rhyme, no reason.

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Haha.. ^^;; I'm probably to exact opposite. I'm really picky with the characters, pose, quality, among other things. I don't have much time to make walls so I always have to make the best out of the time I have.

Hmm..I guess I don't want to just wall any pretty character.. It's more like I want to create something with a meaning behind it.. A theme where the wall becomes more than just something slapped onto a background... so the character has to be chosen carefully to fit the theme =3

Hehe.. I just love it when people say "whoa! that's a beautiful wall!" Kinda makes it all worth it when it has that great a impact on people~ XD

DJ-of-E

Le

I do in two ways.

1) make a background and find a perfect scan for it

and

2) find a really good scan that you like and make a background for it.

Sigma

Cube Dweller

I'm not really picky about series or characters. I just wall whatever scan gives me an idea for a background :)

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

I somehow do it as DJ does. Yet, most of the time if the scan somehow attracts me or puts out an idea I go and make it. OR it depends on my mood at that moment. ^^

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Hmm...

well doing like dj-of-e ^_^ i make a background and search for good scan for it or if i feel like taking this scan and making a background afterwards...

erm...what else to say...yeah i always listen to music while choosing which scan i'd like to wall. the music helps me to get an idea how i'd like it to look like later ^^

Hikari-Sakurai

Hikari-Sakurai

Miss Wonderful

I usually wall only series I have seen/read or know something about, that way... I know the overall mood the series has so I can reflect that in my wall.

Then again, I have a thing for walling my three favourite manga artists

1. Mokona Apapa (Clamp)
2. Kaori Yuki (Angel Sanctuary)
3. Yoshitoshi Abe (Haibane Renmei)

I think that anyone who looks at the walls I've made will see this pattern quite clearly. XD
The only times I really break away from this pattern, is for a contest or a requested wall. But the majority of my walls are from these three artist ^:^

I always start with a scan I love, extract it... and then make a BG for it.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

I wait for a perfect allignment of the outer planets, when that happens i pick a number between 11 and 42 and devide the outcome by 3.82
Next i multiply the outcome with the average ambient temperature.
This gives me a number. when it's odd i make a background and then search for a scan
But if it's even then i pick a scan that has the right "feel" to it and try to create a background that more or less fits the scan.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

the picture i see usually gives me inspiration, and i just choose which gives me the most inspiration at that time

Quote by SigmaI'm not really picky about series or characters. I just wall whatever scan gives me an idea for a background :)

That pretty much sums it up for me, too. XD Sometimes you just come across a pic and think, "I've gotta wall that."

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

I too sometimes randomly pick any nice/pretty anime scan to wall. and i usually search for a scan before making the background. I'm not too picky on which character/pose and stuffs to use for a wall, as long as the scan matches the bg.. i'm happy enough ^^'' Just that sometimes I can run out of ideas on what bg to make, actually most of the time -___-" well im not that good in walling yet, more of a beginner so... XD

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

melonchen

melonchen

cecil

first i search on biriwilg's gallery here at mt , look at the scans if i don't find one i make the background first and then grab on dj's or rax gallery XD thats all, so its always different, sometimes i make the background first and search the scan if i found a perfekt scan i change the background at least again

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

I usually pick the image I want to wall, first. I generally tend to make walls of series I really like but that are less known (like Clover) or of a new series that I'm getting into, like Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. Unless I find a pic I'm REALLY enamoured of (like Fuuma leaning against Kamui), I don't usually make walls of series that already have a lot of excellent walls out there, like X/1999. I suppose I'm "pimping" my lesser-known favorites. :D

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

I only have 3 rules

1. if its Shirows stuff......ill wall it
2. if its a hot girl wit hot guns....ill wall it
3. if I like teh scan.......ill wall it XD!

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by DJ-of-E
find a really good scan that you like and make a background for it.

i do that :D

Signature

thank you for sharing ^_^

Quote by Hikari SakuraiI know the overall mood the series has so I can reflect that in my wall.

Then again, I have a thing for walling my three favourite manga artists

I like your style + pattern of walling. It's important to find a style that best fits yourself and know about the mood of the character/ wall~ but it's hard to do... ^_^ I m still finding a style + learning, got more things to learn! XD ...and learning from others can always gain experience + become better and better. Thanks for all that give me feedbacks on my walls!

If i make a wall, which i dont really anymore because my skills suck beyond hope. Ill make it off of the anime i just watched. Like if i dl the new Bakuretsu tenchi (which i am atm) and i get the mood, ill make a wall off it ^_^

Sir-Sabrock-X

Juan Garcia

i take anyone thta looks cool for a wall or one of a girl who looks so sexy

Sir Sabrock X
Lord Of Nightmares

Yeah, pretty much. I just see what'ever's available

Wandering_Youth

Wandering_Youth

lost in wonder forever...

I'm quite picky about scans and I usually make wallpapers for anime with good and clean character art,

It realy depends on what you want to do if you just want to make someting good then sure choose randomly but if you want someting realy good then you sholde plan it out

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

usually i just pick out favorite characters, or just pretty or cute anime characters from other scans .. ahhaha

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

Well, when i am able to make wallpapers..it'll be by what i know about the movie/series..the more i know or have seen of them, then i'd use them more....

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.