Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best and worst anime dub - Minitokyo

Best and worst anime dub

page 1 of 1 17 total items

KareiNoTenshi

KareiNoTenshi

I wanna be a pop star...

I personally like more watching anime in Japanese or rather subs than dub, anyway there are a couple of animes that have pretty good dubs or nasty dubs > _ <
I like Naruto dub and hate CardCaptor Sakura and InuYasha.

The sun will always shine for all of us.
Because God is watching over each and everyone of us.

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Naruto stunckk. Inuyasha was better. Well, I guess thats my opinion.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

I prefer the original voice character in Japanese as they sound cuter.

jeeez , did any of u see the cartoonnetwork NARUTO dub,ahahhahahahahahhahhahahahh=.=
it was a joke! u could laugh!

but i honestly think that dubb might not be suitable for the audience(at least for me), i would rather, hear the actual jap voice and read the subs.

I don't like english dub at all, but I have to say that I liked (Dragon Ball Z/GT) dub more then the Japanese one!

Quote by Seme999I don't like english dub at all, but I have to say that I liked (Dragon Ball Z/GT) dub more then the Japanese one!

Agreed I also like the Cowboy Bebop dub.

"I've had too many stand-offs with you and its about as much as I can stand."

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

mononoke hime was better (by a little bit) than the original

hate naruto, love hina, and a few others

-Boojitsu21 :pacman:

i like the original japanese voice, it seem more original to me!

Best: Alfred Jodocus Kwak
Worst: Love Hina

What they did to Card Captor Sakura was unforgiveable; they didn't just hire inadequate voices, they changed the actual plot of the show.

English Dubs truly SUCKS!
I never watch dubbed anime......but i have to admit that here in Greece we did a pretty decent jobs with Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball (my brother used to watch them while keeping a tight grip to the remote control......so noone was able to see other channels) and Sailormoon,......but what we truly ruined was CardCaptor Sakura....what was it with this anime that everyone kept changing the original names....?

i think one of the best english dubs is DragonballZ

Signature

worst one was Love Hina FTW, it was HORRIBLE

And best one was FLCL to me, it was really well done, actually liked it more than the japanese one

OK......the best dub i think was for street fighter 2 and street fighter 2v and the worse dub I've ever heard was for Naruto

The only okay dub for me was Spiral until I heard Rio's voice. -_-

I watched a trailer for the dubbed D.N.ANGEL and I laughed so hard! XD Risa's voice is so...I don't know...gah! :nya:

Spirited Away was okay, although every time I heard Chihiro's voice I was like, "...Lilo and Stitch..." :x

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

It totaly depends on the dubs. No offence to the ones who made them, but English dubs are ... "empty". the actors don't put their heart into the words and everything is so artificial in practicaly ruines a good anime. Plus they tend to give yunger people the voice of older people and vice-versa.

But there are exceptiones even here. I am not saing this because it's my native contry ore anything, but I realy likes the Romanian dubs for Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto. (to tell teh trutch, Iprefer the Ro version over the Japanese original cast when it comes to Naruto - thy realy knew what voices to give to the characters to fit with their personality and AGE as well (and that's rare))

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

(edit/note: When I say dubs during this post, I refer to english dubs. ^_^')

I thought Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Panic had excellent dubs. The Berserk dub is not amazing, but the DVD dubbing extras are hilarious. You can see they were trying their best anyway. ^^ Excellent dubs seem to be an amazing feat since they're done in a different manner than the original Japanese voice-acting. Most Japanese dubs have all the voice-actors in one room together playing off each other's performances. English dubs have the actors working all by themselves and trying their best to read all their lines in context, one after another. Maybe things have changed a bit though. (I'd last heard this information five years ago, I think it was in the extras of the Utena film dvd..) R1 anime is an extremely niche product, so I can't imagine that the english dubbers are paid much, either. It's no wonder that so many english dubs leave something to be desired.

As for the worst dub, I vaguely remember hearing about a hentai where the lead girl said "Sensai" instead of "Sensei." That's a pretty awful error. Also the Rurouni Kenshin OVA not just because of lackluster performances but because of how they pronounced one of the main character's names as Tomo instead of Tomoe. Ayashi No Ceres also had a soul-crushing dub, the old men sounded like hot twenty somethings while the hot twenty somethings sounded like old men what on earth?!?!

I still like watching some dubs of some comedy anime though, as the dubbing actors can try to convey some jokes that are otherwise inaccessible unless you understand Japanese.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.