Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper: Work in Progress, need suggestions - Minitokyo

Wallpaper: Work in Progress, need suggestions

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Been thinking the whole hour, and I'm running out of idea about the background.
Any ideas, or suggestions?

Don't mind about the scan/wings and the stuff. I'll modify abit later.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3492/unknownwallwc3.th.jpg

EDIT: I'll work on the grass (as in remove). And yes, also the wings later.

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Wow, ok, we've got some work to do! lol

Lessee here... well, the scan looks neatly extracted, so that's a good start. As for the background:
- That grass has gotta go.
- What kind of time are you thinking of? Day? Night? Maybe a sunset? Pick your colors before hand and get some good stock of like, clouds and stuff if you're going for an out-doorsy setting.
- The way the character is standing gives you an excuse to use some funky perspective. So don't put the grass right at the bottom of the wall. Not sure if you know what I mean :\

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

maybe a night background would make the character stand out more? right now, i like the way you used just 3 colors so far (red, black, and white).

Quote by Chloe-chanWow, ok, we've got some work to do! lol

Lessee here... well, the scan looks neatly extracted, so that's a good start. As for the background:
- That grass has gotta go.
- What kind of time are you thinking of? Day? Night? Maybe a sunset? Pick your colors before hand and get some good stock of like, clouds and stuff if you're going for an out-doorsy setting.
- The way the character is standing gives you an excuse to use some funky perspective. So don't put the grass right at the bottom of the wall. Not sure if you know what I mean :\

Eh...I'm thinking of, dawn or dusk...(can't make up my mind...) Something dark, to match the scan.
...not good in stock yet...I'm trying out with brushes. ^_^'

Okay, so out goes the grass...(I'll edit that later...)

Quote by yuujinmaybe a night background would make the character stand out more? right now, i like the way you used just 3 colors so far (red, black, and white).

Lols, thanks. ^^;

Lariel

Lariel

[ Fallen From Grace ]

Definitely some work to do. Lemme see... work on the grass a bit- maybe try some color would make it look better, and as chloe-chan says, the background- too empty. A bloody red sunset or night would be best! ^^
Other than that, I say that the extraction was perfect! P.S. Wings, the wings. >.<

Signature
One day, when the time comes, I want to sleep among the flowers.

Lols, that's why I said don't mind about the wings. I'll work on that later. ^^;

And yes, of course the bg is empty. That's why I said I need suggestions. ^^;

Please read the first post before posting. ^^;

rika23

rika23

?-?????

hmm let see Night time would be nice for this wallie :3 , try to add some star brush on the sky and blood on her ~
building could add the emptiness on the wallie ^^" or rain O.o XD or add some texture on it XD

Signature Image
My Latest Artwork: Oofuri<3
DEAD

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

I'm not sure if the scan can depend on brushes alone, cause it seems to fit well with something scenic. I guess the only thing is to work with stocks. Maybe something simple with cloudy background, and some trees which give alil windy effect, to match the girl's hair.

Umm...when I see what you've got so far, I think "Dawn Execution", I don't know why maybe it's just because the tree looks dead and the grass has that early morning frost look to it; or maybe it's how the girl has black wings, which reminds me of crows. You could have a cool execution site (or huge crosses) in the distance, like on a sort of hill with the sun rising behind it. This would definitely give her the "Angel of Death" look. Anyways hope this sort of helps, that's just what I think of when it see it. Good Luck.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

well, if you think to do a dawn the grass is ok for me... only need to fix that using more layers with different size of the same brushes with this tonalities and with some dark one's (try to put black green with olive green or ocre)... the put some haze (some brushes of clouds with dark and white fixing the layers with the blend modes). and for the sky you have to use a nice gradient and use a good flare lens (if you have the kpt collection plugs in your ps, but if you didn't have that's ok too... you can also found some tutorial to do great dawn sunlights)... and not forget the star's brushes to the most dark part of the gradient... :D <--- with these you can play friendly at your heart content... :nya:

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.