Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 In The Name of Law.......or Friendship? - Minitokyo

In The Name of Law.......or Friendship?

Keep this a secret, or make a report?

Yes
2 votes
No
1 votes
Err......not sure
6 votes
Don't care, It's not my fault anyway~
1 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Just like the title itself speaks, this subject questions on how sometimes law can affect (or break) relationship apart.

Many times it happened anywhere where there are laws and rules.

The fact that when someone dearest to you were put into lawful punishment, thus the (2nd) related others fell into extreme sadness . Or worst, the 3rd (related) party's relationship with the 2nd broke apart because of shame and lost face to public.

Or in another case, which happened in MT here.
One of your great friend was caught by mod for breaking the policy, and was banned.

Some would agree that person should be punished according to the rules, as this shows fairness. But to those who know that person dearly well, it's a great lost.

And so, if you have a friend in this dire situation which the punishment is worst (death penalty/life imprisonment in national law, or banned in MT), would you keep it secret, or report to authorities?

[This topic is open to all opinions so I'll stand in neutral position. Feel free to speak up. Don't worry about mods targeting you if you are facing this matter. Best of all, if you realize this beforehand, please advise her/him to stop, before it's too late. :) ]

EDIT: Edited the 6th paragraph, for clearer definition of this subject.
Correction for the poll, "Yes" means 'Keep this a secret' & "No" means 'i would make a report'
Thanks for the reminder, littlejonny100! :)

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I wont hold peoples opinions against them but I think it's a position everyone's been in. A very major point (at least in Australia) is if you know someone's breaking the law and don't report it you've broken the law yourself, you may even be considered an accessory of a crime. This is more of less true in most places to my knowledge. Depending on the severity of the crime, knowing but not reporting can become a very serious crime in itself, even if you had nothing to do with it.

In terms of not knowing but having a friend being punished, I find the bottom line is that the person being punished should have thought about how their actions would affect the people around them. I've caught and seen a few people being caught for shoplifting. The amount of times I've heard teenagers say "Oh, but my parents are going to become so mad" as well as actually seeing how distressed some parents become, the answer to them is always the same; "You should have thought about that before you did it".

It's really hard to give an actual answer because everything is very circumstantial. Honestly, if a friend were breaking the law I wouldn't tell the authorities so long as it wasn't anything to do with me and it didn't involve direct/considerable harm to other people.

EDIT: btw.....in your poll which one does the yes apply to?

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

I agree with littlejonny~san as long as it doesn't involve direct/considerable harm to other people i wouldn't tell the authorities.

First of all, normally if something like this happened i'd take the person aside and speak to that person about the issue, and how harmful it could be and what are what you can call the side effects, since sometimes it can lead to serious danger (powers of persuasion :))

Thus, there are times that i just see something wrong happening, but i know the person in front of me is ignorant to the situation (which means even if u bother to inform them a freakin million times, they would yet remain ignorant, then why bother about them) i may hint that what you're doing is wrong, but when i see the person is yet ignorant, then I'd always think that that person deserves punishment and just watch.

Overall, it of course depends, because sometimes you just have to do what you got to do, if in dire need of course, but then again i say it all really depends, sometimes i might even act like i never saw anything, which sometimes can save you and the people around you simply by keeping your mouth shut.

For example, there was once this time when i literally saw these two people(at a concert, the singer and this person) attack each other, and there was blood all around >.< made my way through, although it was compulsory for everyone to stay in as witnesses by the police, but the scenery of blood is never pleasant, which means sometimes if u just simply be the witness to a crime, it might cause even more trouble for you, and heck, we all love serenity ne?

NOTE:- when i say "you" I am speaking generally and not literally you, do keep note of that. :)

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

it all depends if the person have learnt their mistake and not do it again, if it affects the whole of mt by doing so even though he/she might be your friend, what would the commmunity think. if you keep if quiet and was found out to know about it and did not stop it, you would be blamed as well, as if thats your friend you should look out for one another.

if the person has done it not on purpose, why get punished for soemthing that was not meant to be done, i think the person should be let go of charges as he/she has learnt their mistake.whereas if the person did it over and over and still refuses to learn from their mistakes than i think that person should be reported friend on not, even if that means becoming enemies. cause it the person is doing something not right, they should stop and listen and not go on. it will cause harm to people and show that your not responsible for your actions. yup~ ^-^ thats wat i think.

Signature Image

Oooo, hard question...

Personally, I find it that it depends on the person and what they did...

If the person doesn't really think about what would happen before they did it, sort of obvious what would happen. Personally though, I don't like laws to some point, there are issues with them and it can't justify everything and there are so many ways that people can percieve a situation and consider it breaking a law or not.

Anyways, I wouldn't report a friend as long as it doesn't effect me or anyone whom I hold dear to.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Imashitowareto

Imashitowareto

far away~~

oh...really a hard decision....but i dont think i will report coz really cant do that, i think so.^^

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.