no
10 votes
yes
10 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Cancel

I Was jsut talkin to my friend awhile back about this idea, and we came to the conclusion that it could be possible. So i'm wondering, what would you guys think of the idea of making the Hellsing manga/OVA series into a live action?

• Oct 04, 2007
Cancel

I could be good, but it would not be the same thing. I think that hellsing should stay in the anime world. But if
they made a great hellsing LA movie i would see it.

ShinLanceVulcano

ShinLanceVulcano

Uchuu no Kensei Cylanser

Cancel

Trust me, live action movies like those are junk and nothing else, think about it, first of all we would want the actors to really resemble the characters, next, the SFX and the visual effects as well have to be PERFECT, also they always tend to completely change the plot, they have their reasons, but the plots they give to those movies are always the same thing, so a Hellsing live action is a mustn't

My own body is my weapon, other weapons are just extensions of my body
Cosmo-Orichalcon is my body and Cosmic Force Sol Inferno my blood
I am the emissary of burning justice, the Uchuu no Kensei
I am Cylanser, the Battle God of the Cosmic Sun Inferno

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Cancel

Actually I don't think its the plot that usually suffers in most movie translations. Its all the subplots and minor characters that suffer in the translation because they don't necessarily serve any purpose other than a little character development, minor skirmishes to show off abilities, or other items not directly tied to the main plot line. I disagree that the Hellsing series should be made into a movie but if they were to work with the Hellsing creators to do a subplot or seperate plot movie in live action form that would be kinda cool.

As for the characters looks, well there will always be purists who would insist they look identical to the anime characters but thats just unreasonable. Good actors that can look the role and pull off the role are sufficient for this sort of thing. Hmmm I wonder who would be good to play Alucard, Seras, Integra, Walter, and Anderson

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

• Oct 04, 2007
Cancel

Quote by MnemethActually I don't think its the plot that usually suffers in most movie translations. Its all the subplots and minor characters that suffer in the translation because they don't necessarily serve any purpose other than a little character development, minor skirmishes to show off abilities, or other items not directly tied to the main plot line. I disagree that the Hellsing series should be made into a movie but if they were to work with the Hellsing creators to do a subplot or seperate plot movie in live action form that would be kinda cool.

As for the characters looks, well there will always be purists who would insist they look identical to the anime characters but thats just unreasonable. Good actors that can look the role and pull off the role are sufficient for this sort of thing. Hmmm I wonder who would be good to play Alucard, Seras, Integra, Walter, and Anderson

I agree with you on that. Me and my friend were jsut talkin about how it could be possible, but it would really be better if they did a subplot. If they did make a movie or two for the series it jsut wouldn't do it jsutice unless they made as many movies as the ova series.....and only if they don't change the script or anything about it.

• Oct 04, 2007

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Cancel

This post is an update to this thread.

I'd like to say that they are actually in the process of making a live action Hellsing movie. Seras Victoria is the main character, not Alucard. Personally, I don't see how the movie would be as awesome without Alucard... but we'll see. Since I can't find much more information on it that's concrete, I can't be completely sure about her being the main character. This is the only movie poster I've found (which I've seen a few places... so I think its legit) and the links for the trailer that I've checked are broken. If anyone knows where to find one that's up still, I'd appreciate it. ^^

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm59/EonKid_666/HellsingMoviePic.jpg

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

yep they are making a live action but from what I remember about some live actions they are actually better than the anime..take death note for instance ^_^ now the live action devilman was just...sad...nothing like the manga or the anime but the plot was just so sad :( but it was good though so yeah not all live actions are bad...still up in arms about the db/z live action hehe

Undertaker:Kuroshitsuji: How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.

Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Cancel

((I posted this in the Hellsing Group's guestbook, but I thought I'd share it here too.))

A supposed quote from the director.

"... this focuses on Seras' origin story and her entry into the Hellsing Organisation and it will be shot in England. I can't say who we are casting as the lead, but she looks exactly the part and everything about the story is as true to the originating material as can be. It will be very dark and gritty, mixed between something like the Russian film Night Watch and the feel of the american film Constantine.
My goal is to make this very real feeling, and to ground all that seems unbelievable in some sort of reality. You'll dig it, I promise"!

...I'm not sure how this movie will turn out. If its Constantine-esque, I'll watch it. I just worry... without Alucard its just not Hellsing to me. T_T

However, I will say that it might mean that Alucard is in there still. In movies the sometimes do flashbacks... and if Seras isn't a full draculina yet... as in killed her first human nor drank from Alucard... she still may hear or see her master... ^^
I'm hoping he'll materialize in the movie... in more ways than one. XD

Cancel

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! why do they want to screw everything up don't the understand that after all the live action anime/manga/game movies the have made so far only 2 out of 10 were Successful take Dead or Alive it was really bad in my view and now they want to take a very good manga water it down and sell it as their idea F%*# i can't take it anymore.

Freedom is over rated

Cancel

Well today directors aren't really that interested in making a live action movie based on an anime series/game it usually sucks because i'ts low budget and they could care less about if they ruin the anime/game for everyone. I believe if you put the right director CG illustrators and some creative people the movie could be a hit and i would think they should go for it. But, theres not many cool directors that do that T.T But, if they did they probally wouldn't use the voice actors which i would miss dearly The guy that does Alucard's voice is beastly he was just in The resident evil movie that just came out that is CG. People who are fans of blood and gore and of hellsing should help in making the movie if they really had to make it.

• Mar 01, 2009

tokyoraider

Net Wanderer

Cancel

Smells like Blade, lol.

• Mar 01, 2009
Cancel

Hollywood has a very uncanny knack for f*cking up live-action for Japanese animes. Look at Dragon Ball Evolution... *shudders* I'd rather it stay beautifully in my screens as nice, flat, 2D images.

• Apr 30, 2009
Cancel

I really hope that they don't screw it up, but the idea of Seras's origins isn't that bad as long as it's done well and follows any of the flashbacks that they showed in the manga.

• May 15, 2009
Cancel

i think they should do a hellsing live action film but Integra and Alucard have to be in it otherwise what is hellsing without those two? plz e-mail me @ sakura-chan1985@hotmail.com if you have any comments

• Jul 06, 2009
Cancel

haha, that would be interesting to see.

• Oct 06, 2009

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.