Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

We can protect each other

Hi... This is my wallie...Well, I don't think you can call it a wallie...It really lack a lot of things...
N the problem is...I don't know what...
I just start learning how to make wallies a few weeks ago...N I'm still really bad at it...^^

So, pls...HELP

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bc65b87/1/119/IXOFmdlI5T9RnMnX6gaQBECwc9Vr95TF.jpg

Please join various~ANME~fanfics group...^^,

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

A few things need to be considered here. Obviously, you have used the "ghosting" effect (character in low opacity) for the background, and that's a no no for MT. Second, the scan seems pixelated in most areas, and the extraction needs some work.

For the composition, it's a bit too simple and rather low effort in my opinion, because the background consists of textures and brushes that generally do not combine well.
Another thing, I'm not sure about the drop shadow you've put on Lacus, cause it totally makes her out of place. And your signature is way too big and disturbing the wall.

Suggestion, I'm not sure what to give since I don't really know the concept here. I guess you want something scenic, maybe try incorporating stocks? Stock.xchng and some other websites provides lotsa free stocks for you to use. =)

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

Thanks...^^,
I will always remember not to use that cloning again...^^,
And also the drop shadow...
And, like you said, I want to make something scenic but I'm not really sure what to do...

Oh yeah, one question...
Uh, how do you vector stock images?

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by ladestiny92Oh yeah, one question...
Uh, how do you vector stock images?

Depends on what program you're using, there are several tutorials to check for. Lemontea's Tutorial might help you if you are using Photoshop. And if you're a Paint Shop Pro user, you might want to check MapleRose's Tutorial.
It's the same way as vectoring anime scans, but maybe it need some more details. You might want to try the pen tool before start vectoring, so you'll get used with it.

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

Thanks....^.^

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

It appears that you're going for a scenic scene here, so what I would do is get rid of the 'Ghost Lacus' since she really doesn't fit. Also, drop the shadow on the other Lacus since it makes her stand out too much.

For the BG, I would consider getting some decent clouds brushes. Try looking at deviantArt's Resources section. They have some really good ones. I would also do more than one layer for the grass, using two-three colors of green. This'll add some depth to it. And if you're going to have some leaves falling, why not add a source to show where they are falling from? Could be as much as a few branches with falling leaves above Lacus.

As for the scan, as was stated, it appears a bit pixelated. Were you possibly using a smaller scan and enlarging it? The extraction also isn't that great, so I would work on that too, maybe try using the Pen Tool and getting really close to the border.

You also need to make your signature smaller because it really does take away from the wall. People focus more on that then on the wall itself. Normally, I use about a size 14 font, but it depends on what font you are using, so you may need to go smaller or even a bit bigger. You need to sign your walls, but you don't want it to be so big that it's obtrusive to the wall.

With some work and practice, this could turn into a really great wall. :)

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

Thanks...really great advice...you're right, I really should practice using the pen tool before attempting to make a wallie...
Almost every tutorials I found uses pen tool...
Thanks...^^,

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.